Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are my options for yearly plan for a flip phone? All that is actually needed is maybe 500 Talk

Feedback Score

What are my options for yearly plan for a flip phone? All that is actually needed is maybe 500 Talk

This is for my mom. I usually just get her Red Pocket 500 minutes, 500mb talk and text plan.

Are there better options out there at a better price? It's just a Samsung Gusto phone. I think it's Verizon. The year plan is 99.00. She really only needs talking. She doesn't use texting or data at all.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You can try Hello Mobile. $5/month for 500 minutes. Cheaper than Red Pocket.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score

What are my options for yearly plan for a flip phone? All that is actually needed is maybe 500 Talk

Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    This is for my mom. I usually just get her Red Pocket 500 minutes, 500mb talk and text plan.

Are there better options out there at a better price? It's just a Samsung Gusto phone. I think it's Verizon. The year plan is 99.00. She really only needs talking. She doesn't use texting or data at all.

Thanks.
    Any plan change to stay on Verizon she will have to get a new phone.

That phone is a CDMA only phone. Which Verizon no longer supports and won’t activate.

Really only other cheaper is the Redpocket $60 yearly plan which is 100 min/100 text and 500mb of data.

Yeah there’s cheaper plans like hello mobile as well but you’d also need a new phone and make sure there’s good T-Mobile coverage in your area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    If T-Mobile & T-mobile able phones are ok. Then for unlimited talk eBay exclusive deal Liberty Wireless unlimited talk & text upfront $60 for 360 days.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. This is just what I needed to know. Her phone now she has to turn on the speaker to hear people on it. You can't hear otherwise.

What happens if I buy another CDMA Red Pocket yearly plan and her phone dies in the middle of the plan? She'd have to buy a T-Mobile or Sprint phone and her plan would no longer work.

I wished I had started this research earlier. Her current year plan expires 1-19. I was just about to pull the trigger on another Red Pocket CDMA plan.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a newer flip comparable to the Samsung Gusto that is T-Mobile or Sprint? This might be the time to change phones.

Feedback Score

Thanks.
    You will lose support on that device if not lost any already. You will need, even now, an upgraded device, even if a flip phone type.

But about an actual yearly plan, how about $80 per year for 1333 minutes with Page Plus Cellular.
    (That would be, $80 per year plus tax.)

Feedback Score
    I may have misunderstood you. Verizon will or is now cutting off service and support for Samsung Gusto.

Other than PPC suggested, if you do not mind paying by the month (no bunches of months at a time), then maybe US Mobile might seem good. Custom plans, and they can be really cheap. How well it may be depends on how much talk and text is to be done. You still need a new device whatever you decide.

Feedback Score
    I think mom just needs another flip. I don't want to have to worry about keeping tabs on her text and data usage. She may leave something on in error. She's used to a flip also.

Any TMoble flip phone suggestions? Maybe if I buy the phone first, I can decide which plan to get. Do flip phones run on 4G? I see TMobile year plans are for 4G.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. That would work as far as the minutes, but it says runs on 4G? Do flip phones run on 4g? I've got a lot to learn in a short amount of time. lol

Feedback Score
    Thanks. So when looking for another flip phone, I don't need to look at any Verizon phones right? So you are saying Verizon won't activate any 3g Verizon flip phone? What about Verizon 4G flip phone if there is such a thing?

Mom will now have to go with T-Mobile or Sprint no matter what type flip?

Sorry, just trying to figure out what to search for on Ebay.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score

I mean it will work if you can even get it activated. But it won’t be supported just like the phone she has now.

Phone will have to have 4G/LTE support

Something like this for Verizon anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcatel-GO-....m46890.l49292

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I mean it will work if you can even get it activated. But it won’t be supported just like the phone she has now.

Awesome. That is a big help. Thanks so much! I'm freaking out since in a rush. lol That one is fine except don't like that they have symbols and not words. My mom might get confused. If I can't find anything else, then that will have to do.

So what I'm looking for on Ebay is Verizon 4G LTE flip phone? And any should work fine with Red Pocket or Page Plus? Of course, I'd check the IMEI first before buying.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you, diddlydudette, want to understand this old technology shutdown, I will give you a few links.

Verizon's CDMA shutdown: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

AT&T's 3G shutdown: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

T-Mobile does not have an official page, but there is lots of talk around the web.

T-Mobile VoLTE requirement: https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-w...support-volte/ and https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...d-off-january/

Then lots of the these company's MVNO have to follow these changes since they are making these changes on their whole network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post

Dang. That phone looked promising until I looked up all the reviews. People say to stay away from. Still might be the best bet but hate to spend 50.00 on a piece of junk that might not work well. The options for flip phones is slim to none.

People complaining that they can't hear and others can't hear them on the phone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast