Thread: Net10 is Awful. I rate them an 'F'. Stay far away.

Feedback Score

Net10 is Awful. I rate them an 'F'. Stay far away.

I bought a yearly plan from them year before last and had nothing but issues....can't call from within buildings. Could not call from the house. Service was non-existent most of the time. I had had Red Pocket prior but Net10 had a great deal on their year plan so gave it a try.

With all my issues, I called into their non-existent customer support a lot. It was nothing but wasted time. They all read from a script and were overseas. Anyone could have done their job. They surely weren't educated on phone plans or phones.

I even had my concerns elevated and still no help. They refused to help. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

I went back to Red Pocket this past August and again, things are running smoothly. It's so so nice not to have to worry about constantly having to call in to support to get no help. Never ever would I ever recommend Net10 no matter if it were free. NET10 IS AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What tower carrier and phone did you have?

The coverage should not any different from Red Pocket.

I know my coverage with my Straight Talk phones on Verizon tower is no different from Verizon post paid users.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    What tower carrier and phone did you have?

The coverage should not any different from Red Pocket.
    Your question is an important one (which carrier). But your statement of no difference from Red Pocket depends on which network they are using.

Since Red Pocket and Net10 can use either VZW/AT&T/T-Mobile, they may be comparing Strawberries (VZW) to Blueberries (AT&T) to Pink Grapefruit (T-Mobile).

This sounds like user error (not checking coverage).

ETA: It's also possible that the phone they were using with Net10 did not have the correct bands for their area.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like T-Mobile on Net10 vs AT&T or Verizon on reduce pockets.

While I haven't checked I'll bet they never posted here about it to get help. Just came along after the fact to complain.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    Your question is an important one (which carrier). But your statement of no difference from Red Pocket depends on which network they are using.

Since Red Pocket and Net10 can use either VZW/AT&T/T-Mobile, they may be comparing Strawberries (VZW) to Blueberries (AT&T) to Pink Grapefruit (T-Mobile).

This sounds like user error (not checking coverage).

ETA: It's also possible that the phone they were using with Net10 did not have the correct bands for their area.
    The reason why I asked about the phone is some phones does not have all the bands.

I know T-Mobile is really building out their band 71 in my area, and only band 71 because if you look at T-Mobile maps for my area, it says "Requires a 600MHz 4G LTE device." So if you do not have band 71 in a phone with T-Mobile based SIM, you will not get that coverage in my area.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    The reason why I asked about the phone is some phones does not have all the bands.

I know T-Mobile is really building out their band 71 in my area, and only band 71 because if you look at T-Mobile maps for my area, it says "Requires a 600MHz 4G LTE device." So if you do not have band 71 in a phone with T-Mobile based SIM, you will not get that coverage in my area.
    Since B71 is fairly new, not all devices have it too.

Also the type of device on Tracfone brands also tends to determine which network you will be on. So they may have selected a device that rides on a network that doesn’t work as well where they are - even if it has all the needed bands.

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    People do not usually come here to complain, but rather to find the necessary fix so they have no reason to complain.
    Your name is familiar... you have posted here before. I do not remember what you posted about.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    So I had time to look at the OP's old posts. They did post about it but then didn't seem to followup on the suggestions.

The problems sounded like bad provisioning of the account. Replacing the SIM was suggested but never done that I saw.

Only mentioned home and work, but not in between. If generally worked outside, in other areas that could also be not provisioned for VoLTE. I had that problem. CDMA in much of the house was crap. So calls/texts delayed and failed. New device with VoLTE works fine in those places.
    (A few years ago that wasn't the case but in the last 3yrs CDMA has become weaker here and LTE stronger)

Never saw signal strength info from a good app foe that. Might have given some more clues.

Verizon branded Samsung Note 5 and supposed to be Verizon SIM (though I never saw confirmation of the SIM).

That's an Advanced Calling 1.0 device and as far as know VoLTE/HD calling can't VW enabled on them with the TF companies due to the ties to a Verizon account.

Maybe Red Pocket solved that, but I don't know.