Thread: OnePlus handsets coming soon

Feedback Score

OnePlus handsets coming soon

launching January 15th

Oneplus Nord N10 5G and Nord N100

pricing will very competitive with the latter likely free for all new lines and the N10 likely free with port ins

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >the N10 likely free with port ins

$300 off is a pretty nice (Slick?) deal, depending on length of obligation.

I'm a little sad that N10 lost the dual-SIM in the US transition, and no 5G on AT&T or VZW. With the Metro brand, it probably won't be compatible with VZW or AT&T VoLTE either. Still, if it can be unlocked to work on T-Mo, for say $100 total outlay, it would be a good deal.

Trying to find info on VoLTE-compatibility for AT&T and VZW for factory-unlocked version.
    unlocked would be officially 180 days of active services but reality will likely be 180 days after purchase date as long as it was active on the original line for at least 15 days.

once unlocked it will likely be possible to flash the generic unlocked firmware version. on all t-mobile branded oneplus's so far i believe that has been the case.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Very good look for Metro. I wish Fi would do the same thing. I can confirm that I have a OnePlus 7 Pro that was a T-Mobile edition and I flashed the international firmware to it. The T-Mobile edition came with only a 1 sim card tray. After the flash, the software for dual sim was enabled. But I did have to buy the dual sim tray from eBay.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any success buying a port in number from ebay and using it to get the free Nord?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile :-)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imdamam View Post
    Anyone have any success buying a port in number from ebay and using it to get the free Nord?
    It's pretty much a hit or miss with Metro. If they think you will bail out after 1 month, nothing will work.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I saw this earlier today on Metro's website. I am thinking about signing up for RedPocket $10 per month service and seeing if I can port that number to Metro to get the free N10.

Feedback Score
    dealers are trained/coached to avoid sales to 'scam' or 'fraud' customers. if a customer seems out of place as a rule they may request that the handset being ported from be present or confirm they can call the number and reach voicemail if not a person.

some things that would look suspicious:

walking into the store already know what handset you want, its pretty rare most people just need a new phone

having account number/pin ready, most pre paid customers are unsure of whats needed to port

port from an unusual carrier/MVNO, overwhelming majority of ports are from boost, cricket or major carrier postpaid. most of the rest are from tracfone companies.

if you walk in a store and ask for help deciding on a new phone and say you are with at&t and obtain you account number/pin after the rep. says its needed chances are nothing seems odd and you walk out with you nice new phone. you will be asked for an ID, not credit is run but it is run through an 'ID verification system' to confirm your identity and track if you go around to multiple stores attempting to exceed promo limits.

one other thing though, at least the market i am in these oneplus handsets have had very little allocation and are in very short supply and high demand with many dealers already sold out.