Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Taxes and Fees Now Included!

Name:  IMG_0050.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  59.8 KB

More hotspot data and a one-time $50 prepaid MasterCard as a thank you.

https://delivery.sprint.com/m/u/nxt/migration/faq.html

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    There goes 'free' Hulu, and probably Amazon Prime and Tidal. The tax-inclusive plans for sure lose Hulu and the other two aren't mentioned in the FAQ.

The only benefit I see is Kickstart officially getting hotspot capabilities. Otherwise this seems like a workaround to the FCC (and certain states) requiring them to keep pricing the same for 3 (or 5) years.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    So the way I read the way they "matched" the plans to the closest tax-inclusive plan, and that depending on your tax rates your bill may go up or down by a few dollars. So for example, if you were on a 4 lines for $100 plan, and with taxes your bill was $118/month (just tacked on $4.50/line), you will be moved to a plan that costs perhaps $120 including taxes.

It's not that they moved you to a $100 plan, and now are absorbing the taxes. They are portraying the certainty of the bill amount each month as the benefit, not the fact that they absorbed the taxes.

Presumably since features are retained, then Hulu and Tidal should stay in place, but with T-Mobile, who knows.

The real way I translate this from marketing-speak to English is as follows: We're shutting down the Sprint billing system to be more efficient going forward, so we're moving you onto T-Mobile's billing system. Rather than incurring the expense of programming all of the legacy Sprint plan and fee structures into our billing system, we're just looking at your total bill and rounding your post-tax plan amount to some multiple and you'll pay this going forward. Oh, by the way, we aren't going to be generous and only round your plan cost down the next lowest multiple of $5, rather we're rounding to the nearest multiple, with the rounding slightly in our favor ($117.00 rounds to $115, but $117.01 rounds up to $120.00) -- which is likely how there could be a $2.99 maximum increase. But whatever you may think, don't call this price increase.

Oh, and if we can entice you into a new 24/30 month device finance agreement, we'll give you $50 off that device.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    So the way I read the way they "matched" the plans to the closest tax-inclusive plan, and that depending on your tax rates your bill may go up or down by a few dollars. So for example, if you were on a 4 lines for $100 plan, and with taxes your bill was $118/month (just tacked on $4.50/line), you will be moved to a plan that costs perhaps $120 including taxes.

It's not that they moved you to a $100 plan, and now are absorbing the taxes. They are portraying the certainty of the bill amount each month as the benefit, not the fact that they absorbed the taxes.

Presumably since features are retained, then Hulu and Tidal should stay in place, but with T-Mobile, who knows.

The real way I translate this from marketing-speak to English is as follows: We're shutting down the Sprint billing system to be more efficient going forward, so we're moving you onto T-Mobile's billing system. Rather than incurring the expense of programming all of the legacy Sprint plan and fee structures into our billing system, we're just looking at your total bill and rounding your post-tax plan amount to some multiple and you'll pay this going forward. Oh, by the way, we aren't going to be generous and only round your plan cost down the next lowest multiple of $5, rather we're rounding to the nearest multiple, with the rounding slightly in our favor ($117.00 rounds to $115, but $117.01 rounds up to $120.00) -- which is likely how there could be a $2.99 maximum increase. But whatever you may think, don't call this price increase.

Oh, and if we can entice you into a new 24/30 month device finance agreement, we'll give you $50 off that device.
    They are not moving people yet to the T-Mobile billing system, but this is a step in that direction just as TNX is for the network side. Though it doesn’t make sense since even on the T-Mobile side there are taxes on many grandfathered plans still (my old Simple Choice plan did until I got rid of that account back in 2019).

It’s been confirmed by [Sprint] corporate employees that moving to a Tax Inclusive plan will remove Hulu, but Tidal removal isn’t known yet but is possible. T-Mobile (or Hulu) appears to have let the Hulu agreement stay with only certain legacy Sprint plans. This makes them a bigger loss leader and T-Mobile likely want to get rid of those as early as possible. Note: From what reps understand, none of these Tax Inclusive plans offer Netflix for 2+ lines, so might be better to wait until those are added in or Migrate to Magenta directly.

The rest is pretty much what is what has been predicted and confirmed by employees on Reddit and elsewhere. This includes the idea that this seems to be a way for T-Mobile to bypass the merger pricing requirements by regulators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I find interesting that you guys are not talking about the price increase this would mean . What’s the closest taxes included T-Mobile plan to my $25 dollar unlimited kickstart plan ? + free second line ?

Feedback Score
    I have 4 lines on the $15 kickstart plan. Curious to know what they will put me on. From what it sounds like they will automatically put me on the new plan and I have 30 days to switch back? Still confused as to what this is for, I was told months ago that I would start using TMobile towers as well as Sprint. Not long after I did notice increased coverage around my house, there a TMobile closer than Sprint. Does the sim switch change me from primarily Sprint, "roaming" on TMobile to primarily TMobile, "roaming" on Sprint?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Taxes and Fees Now Included!

Quote Originally Posted by RPMD View Post
    I have 4 lines on the $15 kickstart plan. Curious to know what they will put me on. From what it sounds like they will automatically put me on the new plan and I have 30 days to switch back? Still confused as to what this is for, I was told months ago that I would start using TMobile towers as well as Sprint. Not long after I did notice increased coverage around my house, there a TMobile closer than Sprint. Does the sim switch change me from primarily Sprint, "roaming" on TMobile to primarily TMobile, "roaming" on Sprint?
    Were you sent an email or text? I haven’t heard of any Kickstart customers targeted with Tax Inclusive pricing yet (I know I haven’t been, but I have been targeted for TNX). This might be because we as Kickstart customers have a lot of weird pricing setups ($15, $25, $35, free lines after autopay) to workaround, unlike the more common ones like Sprint Basic/Plus/Premium which had stable base pricing for a few years.

If you mean by “SIM switch” as a reference to TNX (T-Mobile Network eXperience), then no. You would lose true use of the Sprint network, lose CDMA access altogether, and only get T-Mobile roaming partners (so very limited AT&T roaming, USCC roaming limited to T-Mobile-sold devices, etc). I honestly wouldn’t make any changes to UICCs unless it is to a Sprint-branded one (i.e. one-for-one replacement of the Sprint one you already have).

TNX and TNA (T-Mobile Network Access), which is running a Sprint UICC but being primarily on T-Mobile, are two different things. TNA still provides for Sprint LTE and CDMA fallback as well as Sprint roaming partners when not near a T-Mobile or Sprint coverage (So better USCC roaming, whatever Verizon and regional CDMA roaming is left, less restricted AT&T roaming, etc). TNA is probably better to stick with for at least most of this year, since having both networks to work with while the transition gets done is a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hi, on a single $25 Sprint Kickstart with autopay and been waiting for this, however would like to know more.

Received 2 e-mails, "Upgrade your network experience today!" saying just to switch SIM cards and "Important information regarding your account" mentioning the plan switch.

As a 10 year T-Mobile customer, switched to Sprint around a year ago because T-Mobile wouldn't give me a $40 "everything" plan (priced-matched to Visible) and hope now I'll be able to get a $15 Select Choice Voice/Text and a $10 Unlimited data plan with hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Were you sent an email or text? I haven’t heard of any Kickstart customers targeted with Tax Inclusive pricing yet (I know I haven’t been, but I have been targeted for TNX). This might be because we as Kickstart customers have a lot of weird pricing setups ($15, $25, $35, free lines after autopay) to workaround, unlike the more common ones like Sprint Basic/Plus/Premium which had stable base pricing for a few years.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since the corporate name Sprint is effectively gone after T-mobile bought them, thread moved.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I received a text saying that they are upgrading me to a new T-Mobile plan with added benefits, blah blah blah. There were links to and FAQ page but I guess I haven't posted enough to be able to include the link in my post yet. I will try again later.

From what I understand they are moving me if I like it or not but I have 30 days after getting the new bill to opt-out. I received the text on 1/13 and my new billing period started on 1/18. So far I don't see anything different on my account. I did chat with Sprint and they were telling me to go into a store to get a new SIM card but really couldn't tell me why or what would change other than it would make my experience "better".

Feedback Score
    Just stumbled across this thread. Does it mean they are automatically matching every legacy Sprint plan unless you opt-out preemptively? I was hoping to be grandfathered in for the next couple decades unless I request a change.

Feedback Score
    sprint.p.delivery.net/m/u/nxt/migration/faq.html

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link, but I find it a bit vague. There is mention of T-Mobile Basic, Plus, and Premium (Sprint's latest pre-merger plans were called the same), but I don't find that there is an adequate matching plan for my Sprint Premium (one outstanding perk I enjoy is the 100GB LTE hotspot capability). I wasn't contacted, and I take it nothing is changing for me right now, but this "generous matching offer" perhaps is more like window dressing and a path to eliminating Sprint's unlimited plans for something less adequate if you are into one of the perks, like me, that don't seem to carry over. Must be a nightmare for them someone could make use of 100GB hotspot data.

Edit: I stand corrected; the fine print lists "Premium" with 120GB hotspot. So, probably we are talking now loss of Hulu, perhaps Prime and/or Tidal when being matched. And I assume, the awesome Sprint Global Roaming perk (weekly fee to access unlimited high speed data abroad) won't carry over either.

Feedback Score
    I saw my first bill today with taxes and fees included. I have 4 lines on the $15 unlimited kickstart and my bill with all the fees was typically around $81-83/month. Now its an even $80.

I am now on the T-Mobile Unlimited Kickstart w/Taxes & Fees Inc - Unlimited Talk, Text & Data. Unlimited Talk, Text and Data. $25/line/mo. Unlimited Anytime Minutes. Unlimited Messaging. 5GB Mobile Hotspot. SD Streaming. Sprint Global Roaming. Eligible for $5 per line/per month AutoPay discount.

I also switched one of my phones sim cards to T-Mobile like they had been bugging me to do. There are two stretches of road where Sprint drops to 3G then 1X, I guess its roaming on someone else? With T-Mobile in one area I get no signal at all. So I will leave the rest with Sprint. The same area both Verizon and AT&T have good/excellent coverage.