Thread: ZTE Z723EL Home Phone Notice of Non Support

Feedback Score

ZTE Z723EL Home Phone Notice of Non Support

Upgraded my elderly parents H226C with the Z23EL about 8 months ago because the older Huawei will no longer be supported. ST is now sending them the following email messages:

"YOUR HOME PHONE REQUIRES ATTENTION
    With this New Year comes important changes affecting your service. Starting the beginning of 2021, your current home phone associated with ********** is no longer supported by the network.
    Your service will continue to degrade, so to stay connected you will need to upgrade to a VoLTE-capable home phone.
    After your current phone is deactivated, it cannot be reactivated. To use your service uninterrupted, activate your replacement phone before your current phone is deactivated by initiating transfer of your telephone number and any remaining balance to the replacement phone."

I'm hoping this was sent by their marketing dept and their databases are not up to date. Calling customer service is no help. They seem to have no clue about the home phone. As long as the $15 monthly fee is paid, I doubt they would deactivate the phone line.

Thoughts? Anyone else getting these emails?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try reading this thread from 2020 about the same device: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...one-Activation. Check out posts #13-#16. Your unit might lack VOLTE and only supports LTE. I hope this helps.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Try reading this thread from 2020 about the same device: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...one-Activation. Check out posts #13-#16. Your unit might lack VOLTE and only supports LTE. I hope this helps.
    The Z723EL has VoLTE. It will continue to work. It doesn't even have CDMA. Sounds like Straight Talk is going by info from the previous Hawei unit on the account. Only supporting LTE without VoLTE doesn't make any sense. This is a home phone base cellular analog telephone adapter. There is nothing you can do with it with only LTE.

Feedback Score
    I got a similar notice on my account for my ST Hot Spot. I chatted with ST and said the device is a Mobile Hot Spot not a smartphone and shouldn't be affected. They confirmed all is ok and to ignore the notice. Probably same for these home phone devices. Their system is probably referencing some list of smartphones and if your device isn't on it you get the notice. I wouldn't be concerned.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I still have Straight Talk ZTE Z723EL, and I have never received a message about this on my box. I have had this box activated since about September 2017 too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I still have Straight Talk ZTE Z723EL, and I have never received a message about this on my box. I have had this box activated since about September 2017 too.
    My notice was on my ST account page for my hotspot.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    My notice was on my ST account page for my hotspot.
    I just looked at the account for the Home Phone box, and I do not have any warning message or notices at all.

I blacked out any private stuff.
    Name:  homephone.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  41.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I just looked at the account for the Home Phone box, and I do not have any warning message or notices at all.

I blacked out any private stuff.
    Name:  homephone.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  41.1 KB
    Our account page looks like yours. I tried to delete the inactive device but the
    system wouldn't allow it.

Feedback Score
    OP, did you possibly use the sim from the old non-VoLTE box in the new one and it's not VoLTE provisioned? Does your account page also have a notice? Do you have any old 3G or non-VoLTE phones in the same account. I know on PPC I got those notices when I had both VoLTE and cdma phones in my account. It didn't distinguish which device it was referring to. Otherwise just contact ST and ask.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    OP, did you possibly use the sim from the old non-VoLTE box in the new one and it's not VoLTE provisioned? Does your account page also have a notice? Do you have any old 3G or non-VoLTE phones in the same account. I know on PPC I got those notices when I had both VoLTE and cdma phones in my account. It didn't distinguish which device it was referring to. Otherwise just contact ST and ask.
    1. The old Huawei unit did not have a sim
    2. No notice on my account page
    3. No old 3g or non-VoLTE phone on same account.
    4. I did contact ST and they were bewildered - could not explain!