Thread: Thanks to rpz1 and the entire forum ---- swapped new phone successfully

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Thanks to rpz1 and the entire forum ---- swapped new phone successfully

I had my old LG 220 flip phone I kept as a backup (and for my 9 year old to use at home to reach his mother and I without bothering his older brother).

I was going to get the alcatel that Kroger had for $15 but the amount of glowing reviews for the LG made me jump on it at Target. As recommended, I had everything in a file on my Chromebook ready to paste and got online with CS chat around 8:40pm on Jan 1st. The first CS person dropped off the face of the planet, but the second showed up and got things switched. Bast part for my old deadline on Feb 22nd got moved to May 1st (because of the 120 time on refills).

I'm still trying to figure if I can lock the phone down to only ring for certain numbers. That would make it much more useful since my number is on a spam list (so my ringer is off).

Feedback Score
    And thank you from all of us on the forums that do our best to help. Too often we never hear back on how people make out with the suggestions.
    We all learn from each other.

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    ....I'm still trying to figure if I can lock the phone down to only ring for certain numbers. That would make it much more useful since my number is on a spam list (so my ringer is off).
    I assume the new phone is an Android? If so, I'd suggest you look at various call blocking apps. I used to use one called Advanced Call Blocker, (which does not seem to be on the Play Store now). It allowed a high degree of customization of ways to block incoming and outgoing calls.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I assume the new phone is an Android?
    I think Mong is referring to the LG Classic Flip. I don't know enough about that phone to say if there is a setting to have it only ring from contacts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I assume the new phone is an Android? If so, I'd suggest you look at various call blocking apps. I used to use one called Advanced Call Blocker, (which does not seem to be on the Play Store now). It allowed a high degree of customization of ways to block incoming and outgoing calls.
    The LG Classic Flip is Android based, but not full Android where you can install apps.

Note: Apps (sometimes popular) do disappear from the Play Store, so a good idea to archive them as an .apk file for further use.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong View Post
    ... I'm still trying to figure if I can lock the phone down to only ring for certain numbers. That would make it much more useful since my number is on a spam list (so my ringer is off).
    On my Android phone, I can pick the ringtone and whether the phone vibrates for each caller's incoming call in the contact entry. You can set the ringtone to silent and vibrate to off for contacts you don't want the phone to ring for. This won't work for calls from numbers not in your contact list but may help with those from your contact list.
    Line 1 - Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII >>> Samsung Galaxy S6 >>> Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy S6 >>> Samsung Galaxy S8
    Line 2 - Verizon Motorola z6c >>> HTC Imagio >>> Page Plus HTC Imagio >>> LG L22C >>> Samsung Galaxy SIII >>> Samsung Galaxy S6