Thread: Verizon Credit Card Scam

Device(s)
    9630 BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Verizon Credit Card Scam

I used the Verizon credit card paying for my bill. It is the biggest scam Verizon has offered. The Verizon reward program is also a scam. I have ten dollars of rewards to use through my verizon CC and cannot use them. I would recommend not applying and saving yourself the hassle. It is a horrible reward program and not user friendly. Verizon just wants to make money on those that don't pay their bill. They don't care to reward you!!!! You already get Verizon Up dollars for using your debit card. $5 dollars for every 300 paid not including taxes and fees. Save yourself the headache and credit score hit!!!! I should have known better. They are advertising the Sh$& out the card.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what you are ranting about but I have the Verizon card and have no issues with it. Rewards (Verizon dollars) get put in each month and are easily able to use on your Verizon bill (saves me on average $20+ per month) or to buy things from Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Verizon just wants to make money on those that don't pay their bill

Why should I feel sorry for people that don't pay their bill?

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Verizon just wants to make money on those that don't pay their bill

Why should I feel sorry for people that don't pay their bill?
    Doesn't pay their bill. Proceeds to whine and complain on an internet forum blaming a company for trying to make $$... Yikes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Why would someone get a "Verizon" card anyway? A good 2-2.5% cashback card is far better option than banking "verizon" points.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dentite View Post
    Verizon just wants to make money on those that don't pay their bill.
    This is no different with any credit card issued by a bank. I think you know that you should have read the terms and conditions more closely. Sorry you don't think it's fair, but life is not fair.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Why would someone get a "Verizon" card anyway? A good 2-2.5% cashback card is far better option than banking "verizon" points.
    Sometimes the points, targeted, can be better. The Amazon card gives me 5% back on Amazon. So I mostly use it for that and fuel.

I've had the AA card before, since my city only has AA locally. Then I stopped traveling for work so I cancelled the card. Though I had enough miles to upgrade to business class to Scotland. I just have to keep the remaining miles alive somehow since they are still enough to fly someplace good when I'm ready to travel again.

Recently signed up for a 2% cash back card. The difference is that instead of waiting until can splurge, these cards tend to be more nickel and dime cash back. Cash in $10 toward statement balance.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dentite View Post
    Verizon just wants to make money on those that don't pay their bill.
    Try not paying your bill on just about any credit card, and see the fees that show up on your next month's bill.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Sometimes the points, targeted, can be better. The Amazon card gives me 5% back on Amazon. So I mostly use it for that and fuel.

I've had the AA card before, since my city only has AA locally. Then I stopped traveling for work so I cancelled the card. Though I had enough miles to upgrade to business class to Scotland. I just have to keep the remaining miles alive somehow since they are still enough to fly someplace good when I'm ready to travel again.

Recently signed up for a 2% cash back card. The difference is that instead of waiting until can splurge, these cards tend to be more nickel and dime cash back. Cash in $10 toward statement balance.
    Too much work for too little reward. I just have 2.5% cash back at USAA with no fees. Cash it in once a year for a nice hotel room when I fly overseas for a random trip, and call it good.

Hell even my BofA 3-2-1 and Citi DoubleCash cards are a far better deal.. But I'm also a point I do not keep postpaid wireless accounts with AT&T/Verizon as they're just a ripoff to get the pleasure of paying 15 days into a cycle instead of beforehand.

Save the cash monthly and just buy a phone with cash, By the time someone uses those "targeted" rewards they're certainly not coming out ahead.. just more lock-in with a carrier.

Feedback Score
    Because the Verizon credit card is the only credit card you can use with autopay and some people refuse to use debit or checking account for that

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I got it because I use verizon, I can use that to pay my bill and every month I save between 20-30 off my bill. Also seeing as its the only credit card you can use and still get the autopay discount.