Thread: How to do my first $12 plan refill?

Feedback Score

How to do my first $12 plan refill?

Was on Paygo for years; last month moved to $12 monthly plan via chat. $12 charged against cash balance. Have about $14 remaining. Plan expires today Jan 9. Cash balance expires February.

Tried last night to "buy" a $12 monthly renewal, and pay against cash balance. Only option I saw was to pay via credit card.

Last night on chat, CSR said the plan would auto-renew today, unless I wanted to do it earlier. Said I will check back on 9th.

As of 2 PM Sat, web shows no renewal yet, remaining mins/txt/data still intact. Tried to do a renewal and got this message: "A phone number can only be used once per Monthly or Pay-As-You-Go card, and once per any applicable add on card. Please enter a phone number that has not been previously assigned and try again. "

Saved chat from early December when I moved from Paygo to monthly. includes this: You: In 30 days, do I need to contact you again to get another month?
    Arlene: Yes or you can just add the service on the account. "

Question: How does this process normally run??

I expect to contact chat again the evening. In hopes someone can give idea what to expect from here.

Many thanks, Chris

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInNC View Post
    Was on Paygo for years; last month moved to $12 monthly plan via chat. $12 charged against cash balance. Have about $14 remaining. Plan expires today Jan 9. Cash balance expires February.

Tried last night to "buy" a $12 monthly renewal, and pay against cash balance. Only option I saw was to pay via credit card.

Last night on chat, CSR said the plan would auto-renew today, unless I wanted to do it earlier. Said I will check back on 9th.

As of 2 PM Sat, web shows no renewal yet, remaining mins/txt/data still intact. Tried to do a renewal and got this message: "A phone number can only be used once per Monthly or Pay-As-You-Go card, and once per any applicable add on card. Please enter a phone number that has not been previously assigned and try again. "

Saved chat from early December when I moved from Paygo to monthly. includes this: You: In 30 days, do I need to contact you again to get another month?
    Arlene: Yes or you can just add the service on the account. "

Question: How does this process normally run??

I expect to contact chat again the evening. In hopes someone can give idea what to expect from here.

Many thanks, Chris
    How did you try to renew today? Maybe your renewal using your cash balance for today is sitting in Q and and maybe PagePlus doesn't do pin stacking like it assumed you were trying to do....just a guess. As long as you have a cash balance enough to renew your monthly it will do it automatically.

As far as Arlene in December, maybe she was assuming you weren't referring to your cash balance for renew.

Feedback Score
    Thanks rpz1. I contacted chat again last night; she said the renewal happens at midnight. Today I see it did.

Moderator may wish to delete this topic if it is too basic..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInNC View Post
    Thanks rpz1. I contacted chat again last night; she said the renewal happens at midnight. Today I see it did.

Moderator may wish to delete this topic if it is too basic..
    I never had a monthly plan. I know PP doesn't allow pin stacking on PayGo plans but think they do on monthly's. In your case I assume they saw your cash balance payment was already in Q and you were trying to "renew" vs pin stack when there was a renewal already there and that's why you got the message. That's why I asked how you tried to renew yesterday. Was that the case? I know some carriers ask if you want to stack or renew but I don't know if PP asks that on monthly plans.

Device(s)
    Motorola G6
    Carrier(s)
    Page Pluss
    Feedback Score

How to do my first $12 plan refill?

Quoting from ChristinNC and rpz1 in no particular order:

Q1. Was on Paygo for years; last month moved to $12 monthly plan via chat. $12 charged against cash balance. Have about $14 remaining. Plan expires today Jan 9. Cash balance expires February.

A1. Good. I recommend you pay $10 before your remaing cash balance expires This will give you a new expire date in May and a $12 cash balance for February. Otherwise, your $2 balance will expire.

Q2. Tried last night to "buy" a $12 monthly renewal, and pay against cash balance. Only option I saw was to pay via credit card.

A2. Yes. There are other ways to pay – what did you have in mind?

Monthly P+ pins do stack. I buy my monthly pin with auto-pay on the 5th; the pin stacks and is added after the plan rolls over on the 11th (at 1:02 am on the 12th.) I changed to monthly with a cash balance and the first two auto pays “stacked” while running down my balance. I have a $1.43 cash balance in case I need to call between midnight and 1 am on the 12th..

Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    Thanks rpz1 and FJ for the color on this. At the outset, I did not realize the monthly plan would auto-renew if cash balance was sufficient. Lesson learned: Next time, go into chat a few days in advance of expiration and make sure I understand how the process works when a first-timer.

Chris