Thread: Balance Expiration ?

Feedback Score

Balance Expiration ?

Does the cash balance ever have an expiration on an active device account ? Can't seem to find a clear answer. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To my knowledge, if you fail to reload a new amount by your current expiration date you will lose your prior balance by default.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Does the cash balance ever have an expiration on an active device account ? Can't seem to find a clear answer. Thanks.
    Depends on when you signed up for your plan. If you signed up after 11-6-18 your balance will never expire as long as you keep it current which is why you should be using autopay. Not only do you get a $5 monthly discount you also don't have to worry about your balance ever expiring. If your plan expires and you don't replenish your account within 60 days you will lose your balance and your number.

See number 4 in link below.

https://www.verizon.com/support/prep...8600730a1c0e10

Feedback Score
    I should have been more clear. I keep enough of a balance which renews my plan monthly automatically. I just have been making sure I add enough to cover my next plan amount prior to the plan expiration date. Then it updates when the time comes. Was thinking of just putting enough on the balance to cover a 4-5 months worth of renewal. I don't want autopay just to save $5. Sounds like as long as I have enough in there that the plan always has enough to renew automatically, a balance will never expire.
    The Verizon link uses language like "as long as I renew my plan" or "if I don't make a payment" .... but if I always have enough cash balance I don't actually renew or make a payment every month, it's automatic just like autopay right?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Why not use the auto-pay option? You never have to actually use it. I have the auto-pay option selected to save $60 a year($5 a month). Yet Verizon had never automatically charged my card. Since I always keep a balance they pull the money from there. Yet I'm still able to save 12.5% a month with auto-pay. Since the normal price is $40(after $10 loyalty discount) for me, and then $35 with auto-pay. Plus I get the refill pins at a discount saving me even more each month.

A 12.5% savings each month is a large percentage off to give up.