Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Switch to Verizon

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Trying to Switch to Verizon

I've had it with Tracfone's terrible customer service. When it's difficult to buy airtime on a prepaid phone, it's time to move on.
    Trying to open a Verizon account has been disappointing. The customer service pre sale has been useless, not being able to answer the most basic questions. If the customer service is this bad when you're signing up, I think one can assume the customer service after you buy will be about zero.
    Maybe someone here can help. I am traveling so my home zip code is different than where the phone will be activated. Will I still be able to activate my phone outside my home zip code?
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Maybe try Visible owned by Verizon.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo613 View Post
    I've had it with Tracfone's terrible customer service. When it's difficult to buy airtime on a prepaid phone, it's time to move on.
    Trying to open a Verizon account has been disappointing. The customer service pre sale has been useless, not being able to answer the most basic questions. If the customer service is this bad when you're signing up, I think one can assume the customer service after you buy will be about zero.
    Maybe someone here can help. I am traveling so my home zip code is different than where the phone will be activated. Will I still be able to activate my phone outside my home zip code?
    Thanks in advance.
    Your zip code doesn't matter. They're just going to want your billing zip code. You can sign up in New York with a California phone number with a texas zip code lol as an example.

But yeah visible is a ton cheaper and better overall deal

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >>>I've had it with Tracfone's terrible customer service.

>>Maybe try Visible owned by Verizon.

>But yeah visible is a ton cheaper and better overall deal

OP laments about customer service troubles, and the first two responses suggest that he tries a bargain-basement provider with ZERO customer service. Funny.
    Yeah no kidding. It's as if people do not READ before posting. It's like if someone complained about the lack of vegan choices at local restaurants then the advice given is a restaurant with NO vegan options

Feedback Score
    Thanks in advance.
    Are you trying to do prepaid? You don't need CS to sign up for prepaid. And Verion prepaid CS is defiantly worse than postpaid. One reason why it's cheaper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Maybe try Visible owned by Verizon.
    Does Visible still have the absurd Android phone model restrictions? My perfectly Verizon compatible unlocked all carrier Moto was turned down.

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Does Visible still have the absurd Android phone model restrictions? My perfectly Verizon compatible unlocked all carrier Moto was turned down.
    It’s a hit or miss. The imei checker says my unlocked Uscellular Galaxy A10e won’t work. But the sim is in it right now and it indeed does work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Are you trying to do prepaid? You don't need CS to sign up for prepaid. And Verion prepaid CS is defiantly worse than postpaid. One reason why it's cheaper
    No doubt Verizon prepaid has pretty poor support, especially in the stores. Lousy CS is why the Tracfone forums have become so robust over the years. We learned to do things long before CS had a clue.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In Verizon-ise, your billing address will be your home address, and your service address would be the area where you want your phone activated. If you aren't porting, Verizon will assign you a new phone number based on your service address zip code.

I went thru this a while back for my kid. The billing address was our home address, and his service address was his college address.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Sprint (personal phone) / AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    If you're doing Verizon Prepaid, just go to the local big-box store, as I think most of them have Verizon prepaid (Best Buy, Target, Walmart). They should be able to sign you up in-store, or you can do it yourself online if you buy the SIM card and some airtime there.

At this point, customer service is a race to the bottom from pretty much anywhere. So if you just want service (no devices / no promos) and have your device, just activate in any store that has Verizon prepaid - Location doesn't matter, as noted above, so you can activate wherever your travels take you...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    In Verizon-ise, your billing address will be your home address, and your service address would be the area where you want your phone activated. If you aren't porting, Verizon will assign you a new phone number based on your service address zip code.

I went thru this a while back for my kid. The billing address was our home address, and his service address was his college address.
    I remember this. You had a question about SIM card activation and addresses right? I take it you were able to get it all sorted out?

Feedback Score

Trying to Switch to Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    In Verizon-ise...
    We should have a lexicon of Verizon-ise:

Coverage Map = Red Paints best with a broad brush.
    Network Management = 3-6 Mbps is plenty fast for everyone when congested.
    Nationwide Coverage = 1 Signal Bar sure beats no Signal Bars.
    Privacy = Verizon knows where you live.
    Nationwide 5G = 4G with a 5 in front of it instead of a 4.
    Bill = Something 20% higher than the other carriers.
    Friends and Family = NSA and Law Enforcement
    Can you hear me know? = Greeting when answering a call.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    On the other hand, Verizon Prepaid worked fine for me when I had it. Was able to signup just by going into a Verizon corporate store and do a port. Plan competitiveness changes depending on whether they are leading or trailing other carriers, and what you need out of the line.

The downside is local congestion and my work place (when I'm not working from home) being a poor spot. So since my verizon needs are for a low usage backup line, I use a MVNO.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone has poor customer service, I expect corners to be cut at this price. Verizon customer service is just as bad, worse if you consider them a top tier provider. I got screwed, plain and simple. I've posted my sad tale in the Verizon prepaid forum. After my Verizon shakedown, I'm glad I didn't port my Tracfone number or I wouldn't have any phone at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekfranz View Post
    We should have a lexicon of Verizon-ise:

Coverage Map = Red Paints best with a broad brush.
    Network Management = 3-6 Mbps is plenty fast for everyone when congested.
    Nationwide Coverage = 1 Signal Bar sure beats no Signal Bars.
    Privacy = Verizon knows where you live.
    Nationwide 5G = 4G with a 5 in front of it instead of a 4.
    Bill = Something 20% higher than the other carriers.
    Friends and Family = NSA and Law Enforcement
    Can you hear me know? = Greeting when answering a call.

Sounds like you have had some bad experiences with Verizon. Please tell us about them. What service did you eventually end up with?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast