Thread: Is my phone activated?

Feedback Score

Is my phone activated?

Today I asked PP to port my number from Red Pocket. After 4 hours, the number still wasn't ported so I called Red Pocket and they put me on hold and came back and said my number is released. They manually released it.

I just went on Tracfone website for the fun of it and there was a place to enter your IMEI # to see which plans your phone is compatible with. My phone is a Tracfone and after entering my IMEI it stated my phone wasn't activated so that means my phone number is still with Red Pocket? My phone has no plan on it yet.

Feedback Score
    Can you make & receive calls txt & data? And what's it say in phone menu "About Phone"?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Today I asked PP to port my number from Red Pocket. After 4 hours, the number still wasn't ported so I called Red Pocket and they put me on hold and came back and said my number is released. They manually released it.

I just went on Tracfone website for the fun of it and there was a place to enter your IMEI # to see which plans your phone is compatible with. My phone is a Tracfone and after entering my IMEI it stated my phone wasn't activated so that means my phone number is still with Red Pocket? My phone has no plan on it yet.
    If there's no plan on your phone it can't be activated till you buy a plan. What did PP even say when you asked them to port your number if you didn't even have a plan bought ? They should have set you up with a pin at the same time. Maybe your numbers in PP sitting in your account waiting for you to buy a plan. Did you set up a PP account and check if your numbers in there waiting to be activated once you buy and add a plan ?

Also, I believe those imei checkers are for if your phone's compatible, not if it's activated. Some ports take time if you were going to a different network...Red Pocket "ATT" to PP "Vzw" for example.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Can you make & receive calls txt & data? And what's it say in phone menu "About Phone"?
    About Phone - Has unknown number. So that means my number is actually not ported or released yet from Red Pocket? I can't place a call but if no plan then I wouldn't be able to call anyway right?

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm coming from Red Pocket Verizon to PP Verizon. Phone isn't connected to a service yet right? It should be sitting on a sim inside my new Tracfone phone. It's not yet on a PP plan/ Around 6pm they released the number or that's what they said. I guess I'll have to deal with all this tomorrow. Something that seems so simple is taking me at least 2 days to activate and port and get a plan added. I have to figure out what's going on with activation and where to buy a 80.00 plan. I can't find a list of online authorized dealers anywhere since PP won't allow me to buy from them so they can add it for me.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm coming from Red Pocket Verizon to PP Verizon. Around 6pm they released the number or that's what they said. I guess I'll have to deal with all this tomorrow. Something that seems so simple is taking me at least 2 days to activate and port and get a plan added. I have to figure out what's going on with activation and where to buy a 80.00 plan. I can't find a list of online authorized dealers anywhere since PP won't allow me to buy from them so they can add it for me.
    I think we were typing at the same time...read my above again, I may have edited.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think what everyone is saying is that a phone cannot be activated without a plan and you can not port a number to an inactive account.

Every time ive ported my number, my phone had to be activated and tied to an active plan/balance with a temporary number before they could even start the process of porting my number in. Once the port was completed, have to restart (and sometimes re-provision) the phone for it to begin using the ported in number.

But the process has always required both the old service and the new service to be activated and both phones left on for the port to complete. They even tell you in nearly all porting faqs to “not cancel your old service and leave your old phone turned on.” And to “activate and leave both old and new phones on till the port is complete.”

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Just talked with PagePlus and this is how they usually do it...port number over and then add the plan. They said I didn't lose my number and all I need to do is buy the plan on their website and enter my phone number and the plan will be added to the phone. Before I do this, I want to confirm this is what I need to do.

Y'all say you can't port a number to an inactive acct, yet they claim this is normal procedure. I'm confused. Now I'm afraid to add a plan if my phone won't accept it because the number was ported in first.

Edited to add:

I did a chat with PP. This is what they said: "It shows here that your number is still on the process of transferring."

They said they will have the portability dept call me. So I'll wait on that.

Red Pocket released the phone number yesterday around 5:30pm so they've done their part. Why would the phone number still be transferring? I guess I will soon find out what's going on....if I can even understand the rep.

I'm so glad I started all this prior to the 19th.

ETA: I called PP myself since no one called me and rep said it shows 'transferring' because no plan on the phone. It would have been so much easier if the Chat rep just explained that to me but evidently she didn't know so wanted to me to talk to the portability dept.

PP, please teach your reps the basics so they can actually help people.

So I go to buy a plan to add to the phone and get this:

The phone number entered is not eligible for this plan. Please check the number entered and try again. You may contact customer service (800) 550-2436 for help.

Now on phone with PP and every 20 seconds guy has to thank me for my patience. Guy had to go do something. He had me on phone for about 20 minutes. I was then able to buy the plan and I think all is fine now.

Why the heck did all the PP personnel tell me I had to go find a PP dealer near me and go buy a plan yesterday? All they had to say is buy the plan online and add the plan to your phone. Why did they transfer me to support online saying only they can accept credit cards and then they tell me they can't purchase the plan for me to add to the phone and I'd need to buy it locally or find a dealer. All this could have been so simple but it gets confusing when everyone says something different and they keep apologizing for what someone before them told me was wrong. Who do you know who to believe? It's as if no one in the company communicates. They need to update their script or get rid of it. I'm not impressed at all with their customer service.

Crossing fingers the phone works as it should and I don't have to deal with them again.

They sure did add a lot of fees, etc. 80.00 plan came to almost 90.00 (89.xx). Next time I buy from Pinzoo. He charges no taxes. I think all he charges is a 1.99 fee for something or other.
    Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 01-14-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    As long as the phone # is accepted when you input it after you click "Add To Cart" at https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/80-standard-pin/, The $80 will be added shortly after you complete the transaction.

Feedback Score
    If they're telling you that you have nothing to lose. PP does do some things different then other TF companies. Like auto updating imei/sim pairings when you swap sims. So just go into their site and buy a $10 PayGo plan. It'll ask for you phone number and tell you if that's accepted. You can use your credit card there. If the $10 works and your all set and active, go back in and try buying the $80 per what I mentioned in the other thread; you were having issues getting when you chatted with them. Unless you want to use Pinzoo. If it goes through you'll still have the initial $10 plus the $80 good for a year. Remember you still need to create a PP account to keep tabs on your plan etc,

EDIT: Just saw Boz post. I agree...just do it even trying the $80 from the start through the site. That $80 promo I mentioned to buy it on the site vs through a dealer specifically says if bought on their website. That's likely why the CSRs you talked to didn't know.

Feedback Score
    callingmart.com might be the cheapest place to get PPC refills. I've used them quite a bit over the last 14 years, but it's been about 3 years since the last time.

callingmart.com used to offer a 3% off permanent coupon code for PPC purchases, but I think that ended when PPC (TF) changed the dealer payment system, which is also when they added the service fee, I think.

The $80 PPC refill is $80 + $1 service fee, with no additional taxes/fees. https://www.callingmart.com/products...ctDetail?ID=30

You earn 1% credit with each transaction, so the next time you buy something from callingmart.com, you'll have an $0.80 credit to use. https://www.callingmart.com/rewards

If anybody knows of a cheaper place to get PPC refills, please post a link.

Feedback Score
    ............They sure did add a lot of fees, etc. 80.00 plan came to almost 90.00 (89.xx). Next time I buy from Pinzoo. He charges no taxes. I think all he charges is a 1.99 fee for something or other.
    Thanks everyone.
    It's not PP fees, you probably just live in a high sales tax state. It's nice that Pinzoo and some other online plan sellers don't charge sales tax. The $1.99 Pinzoo charges is probably just the E911 and Federal charges. If I got an $80 plan from a carrier, in my state there'd be a 9% sales tax plus the $1.99 = $89.19.

BTW, how are you making out? Everything working ok?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    Coulda, shoulda done the port and activation online: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/act...ion-with-port/