Thread: Redpocket annual plans effective immediately vs stacking

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Redpocket annual plans effective immediately vs stacking

It was mentioned here as well as by customer service that when you apply an annual refill pin for the same plan as you currently have, it stacks rather than taking effect immediately.

This was not the case with my recent renewal. Previous plan 1K min, 1GB data and unl texts. New plan same, bought around blackfriday. Decided to test out today. It took effect immediately. Currently in chat (for the last hour) waiting for them to readjust the end date.

tl;dr Apply pin as close as possible to renewal date to save headaches.

I'm sure they'll readjust it to the proper end date, but the hassle.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    That is what I've read. But almost always safest to wait until a few days before expiration. In case of hickup, don't wait until last minute. But don't do it too early.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. No plans to upgrade plan to 5G.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Feeling a bit adventurous today . Still in chat. 100 min later.

What I think happened was RP changed the plan name even though it was for the same air time buckets. Because new plan didn't match old plan name (ID?), system applied it immediately.

Hey, CCF still configured properly at least! I should of waited until mid/late few (a week before expiry) to apply.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Unl/Unl/1Gb plan to replace my existing plan which was the 1,000/Unl/1Gb. Plan took effect immediately. Thankfully I had only applied it five days earlier then the original plan end date so not much service time lost. What sucked was the fact RP upgraded that plan shortly after to 3GB. I tried but couldn't get the additional data applied.

Good luck with your chat! You've more stamina than I.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    136 minutes later.... pin applied today was unapplied, told to reapply it in a month. But, there's an issue of cycle dates getting reset and loss of 2 weeks of service. Pushing to have that reinstated somehow.

If I was on the phone for 2 hours i'd be pissed. Chat isn't too bad. Just move it to the side of the screen and do other things.

Feedback Score
    It seems to me that every star has to be aligned to get the new plan to stack, even the plan name has to be the same as the one it replaces. So it would appear that annual plans have the least likely chance to stack, as the name of the plan changes within a year.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Just set yourself a reminder. I screencap my code from ebay and add it KeepNotes, and set a reminder.
    Clearly, stacking works unevenly no matter what RPCS says (on SlickDeals).
    Bought my renewal plan in Oct. and applied it today. Then start shopping for BF/Xmas deals or 90 days before renewal.

Feedback Score
    This must be a common thing about buying multi-month or single month service plans. You buy service which lasts for some d number of days. On day number d or after day number d, your plan expires. If you have available and SET Auto-Pay, then at least your service continues or is renewed. If not using an Auto-Pay, then what you need to do is wait until d-1, or d-2, or d-3 days into your current plan's period and pay for a refill or renewing; but your NEW plan will begin upon paying for this refill or renewing, so starting THIS day, you now have d days remaining for what you just bought.