Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cricket Wireless is auditing their network & disabling VoLTE on phones not whitelisted

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The funniest thing is that my previous phone, the Essential PH-1, is on the whitelist. A company that only started 3 years ago, existed for 2 years and only produced one phone. I’m sure they didn’t pay AT&T for certification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    The funniest thing is that my previous phone, the Essential PH-1, is on the whitelist. A company that only started 3 years ago, existed for 2 years and only produced one phone. I’m sure they didn’t pay AT&T for certification.
    Not only that, they list a few Nokia and Microsoft Lumia Windows Phones as compatible. Like really? I was a Windows Phone/Windows Mobile guy back in the day, but c'mon.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I saw those too. Ridiculous! Windows phones? I wonder if these were phones that AT&T carried in store on on the website so they were put on the nice list a long time ago and no one bothered to take them off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Yeah, I saw those too. Ridiculous! Windows phones? I wonder if these were phones that AT&T carried in store on on the website so they were put on the nice list a long time ago and no one bothered to take them off.
    I'm kind of surprised the Microsoft Lumia 650—I think it was the last one Cricket carried and I picked one up for $1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    I have a OnePlus 6 and my wife a Nokia 6.1 Both devices capable of doing VoLTE but would not work on VoLTE on Cricket. Yesterday I purchased a Pixel 4A 5G (which is included in the AT&T list of "HD Calling"/VoLTE compatible devices). After moving my SIM to the Pixel and confirming that VoLTE was working I moved my SIM back to the OnePlus 6 and VoLTE started working on the OnePlus 6 (had the VoLTE icon lit and confirmed I could make calls using LTE). Worked great all day. Even put my wife's SIM from her Nokia 6.1 into my Pixel and then moved it back to her Nokia 6.1 and VoLTE worked on her Nokia 6.1. This worked fine all day until..... This morning when VoLTE was again non-functional on both my OnePlus 6 and her Nokia 6.1. My assumption is that Cricket/ATT is doing network auditing and if the phones are not on their Whitelist, disabling VoLTE on them in the overnight hours. It's clear that VoLTE is capable of functioning on these two model phones (and likely many other VoLTE capable phones that they are refusing to Whitelist) and that AT&T/Cricket is simply trying to drive device sales using the 3G shutdown as an excuse. Maybe I'm crazy but I plan to bring this anti-consumer practice to the attention of my local Congress people who I suspect would have an interest in this. It does seem like something that both the FCC and the FTC may have an interest in as well as IMHO it's purely a ploy by AT&T and Cricket to drive device sales. There is also an aspect to this that is anti-environmental as they are condemning many devices to leave service (and possible end up as electronic waste) prior to when they actually are obsolete. Another point is with a SIM swap triggering non "Cricket non-compatible" devices from functioning at all after Tuesday, that's a pretty bad look for AT&T/Cricket disabling peoples devices unnecessarily in the middle of a pandemic.
    Please do! I am an At&t and Cricket Wireless store owner. This is a scam to push phone sales. My customers are suffering from this new policy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RodimusConvoy View Post
    So this is something Cricket, not AT&T, is doing, unless its some sort of good cop/bad cop scenario.
    At&t is doing it as well. I am a store owner.... I'm painfully all too aware.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This reminds me so much of how AT&T handled LTE devices in the beginning. So many people would buy unlocked phones, but they wouldn’t connect to LTE at all. However, you could take the sim, put it in an AT&T device, and then put it in the unlocked phone, and you’d be able to connect to LTE for a little while, but eventually, it would default to 3G again. That doesn’t seem to be an issue now, but the same thing is going on with VoLTE. That tells me AT&T knows what they are doing and I’m sure has some ulterior motive.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 6.1, Moto X(2)
    Carrier(s)
    GCI, Cricket, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just joined the forum specifically because of this thread. I see stories corroborating my experience, and want to take Cricket to task. I can elaborate & provide details of my testing & results, but mostly I'm concerned about how this treachery plays out at scale and how many people have been scammed into buying new phones for no reason other than failure to be listed. I jumped ship instead because I wasn't having their BS, but I'm sure they've made plenty of sales meanwhile. Lawsuits must be coming, and I will gladly join.

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna do the wait and see thing before I bail. My unlocked Verizon S9+ is getting VoltE and Wifi calling right now on At&t Prepaid so I can't imagine they'll kick it off their network in 2022 but ya never know. I just grabbed a $75.00 2020 Moto G Power from the Target clearance just in case. I've got the 25gb At&t Prepaid/Walmart plan that I pay around $36.00 a month for so I'm not sure if I'll jump ship or not if they screw me over on the S9+.

Device(s)
    Huawei Elate H1711z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nationwidew View Post
    At&t is doing it as well. I am a store owner.... I'm painfully all too aware.
    Kinda presents a dilemma cause I won't be forced to buy Cricket OR AT&T branded phones.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Where can I find a copy of this said whitelist ? Please and thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman0222 View Post
    Where can I find a copy of this said whitelist ? Please and thanks.
    see page 1 post #3 of this thread.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Cricket Wireless is auditing their network & disabling VoLTE on phones not whitelisted

My galaxy A71 is on that list but cricut is telling me it’s not compatible.. I’m afraid to put my sim in it in fear of them suspending my account lol… Has anyone else had a similar issue with their phone being on the list but cricut still not supporting it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman0222 View Post
    My galaxy A71 is on that list but cricut is telling me it’s not compatible.. I’m afraid to put my sim in it in fear of them suspending my account lol… Has anyone else had a similar issue with their phone being on the list but cricut still not supporting it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have added a tmobile unlocked and factory unlocked a71 5g to my account in the last couple months and both are working fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3