Thread: LG Journey L322DL On GSM or CDMA?

Feedback Score

LG Journey L322DL On GSM or CDMA?

Just bought a LG Journey L322DL on the tracfone site to replace a old flip phone. Just wanted to know if these are on the GSM side still or CDMA side now. As I see this phone is GSM and CDMA.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    If it was from Tracfone website it will be Verizon.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Have you received that phone yet? If yes, a quick indicator is the color of the US map on the cover. Red is Verizon, Blue is AT&T, Pink is T-Mobile. You can also tell by the first 6 digits of the SIM number.

Without having the phone yet, just assume that it'll be on Verizon. Most are nowadays.

Feedback Score
    Don't have the phone yet. That is what I thought, more then likely it will be on Verizon.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would have to assume that the phone will not be on CDMA no matter who the carrier is on. It will likely be on LTE/VOLTE and not GSM even if At&t or T-mobile is the carrier. Verizon has stopped activating CDMA devices.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I would have to assume that the phone will not be on CDMA no matter who the carrier is on. It will likely be on LTE/VOLTE and not GSM even if At&t or T-mobile is the carrier. Verizon has stopped activating CDMA devices.
    Should be stated "Verizon has stopped activating non-VoLTE devices". Plenty of VoLTE devices around that are CDMA capable, but the account will be set up for default VoLTE. Verizon has also decided to not completely shut down their CDMA network.

Feedback Score
    It's a DL phone, so assume it comes with a VZN SIM unless you ordered it with a rare ATT only zip code.
    Tracfone rewards referral code OXCC-2594 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    It's a DL phone, so assume it comes with a VZN SIM unless you ordered it with a rare ATT only zip code.
    When I bought my moto G6 bundle I called and asked if they could send me an ATT sim.
    I was told that phone wouldn't even work with ATT...I don't like banging my head on a rock so I activated it with Verizon, then combined the bundled minutes with my BYOP ATT sim. Just moved sim to the G6, still using it today.

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hpham, loboheeler, nice to see you again!! I just got a LG Journey from Tracfone Thursday, model LG L322DL Red map. First numbers of SIM are 891 480 000 I have a LG rebel 4 (LG LML212VL) that I like pretty well, but got this phone to either upgrade my daughters Rebel 3, or use my Rebl 4 to activate the new phone. I nave done no activation as yet. One thing I have noticed is that apps that I have in my Rebel4 that I have downloaded some can be moved to the SD Card to free up internal storage space. I have a 32GB micro SD card in both phones. Does the Journey not be able to move apps over to the SD card like the Rebel 4? I downloaded 3 apps that will move to SD card(in my old active phone Rebel 4 LML212VL) , into the new Journey phone and when I go to settings / Apps & notifications/ App info the STORAGE and "CHANGE" button is missing. I thought I might be missing something in the phones settings on the LG Journey. Can the Journey move some apps to SD card or not?
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG Rebel 4(current house phone) -> LG K31 Rebel(my pack along)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have an unactivated TF Journey. I just checked and didn't see a way to move apps to the SD card. As far as I know, the ability move apps to the SD card is dependent more on the Android version than the hardware, and Google removed that ability from Android 8 upward. The Journey runs Android 9. I don't have the Rebel to check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have an unactivated TF Journey. I just checked and didn't see a way to move apps to the SD card. As far as I know, the ability move apps to the SD card is dependent more on the Android version than the hardware, and Google removed that ability from Android 8 upward. The Journey runs Android 9. I don't have the Rebel to check.
    In some Android version they changed from moving apps to SD to configuring SD as adoptable storage. This treated SD as part of the system storage and did not require moving apps to SD. I don't see either in my Moto Android 9 and 10 phones.

When I tried moving apps to SD with older phones it did not work very well and some apps could not be moved. I also had SD cards go bad with apps moved to them. That sent the phone into a major tizzy. SD is a lot less reliable than internal storage.

I think we are better off without move apps to SD or config it as adoptable storage. SD is fine for pictures and music if you don't care about losing them.

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like all Android phones past 8 will no longer have ability to move some apps to the SD card. Bummer!

On another note I have had problems using the Tracfone app that sends certain files to a new phone, called Transfer Wizard. I paired up the 2 phones and tried several times to send messages (I have quite a few) to the new phone. Starts, and at the end it says back up was cancelled and nothing changed on the new phone. Is there a location in my phone where the actual messages reside, so I could just copy them over? Or is this because the new hone is not activated yet?

One other minor irritation is the calendar at the bottom. On my old LG LML212VL the calendar shows SAT 23 but on the new phone in the calendar it only shows 31, no "day" but if opened it is on January 2021. Why would that be I wonder?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The LG Journey`s Internal Memory is 16 GB (8 GB usable).
    Tracfone is now selling models with 32 GB.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sometimes the TF Transfer Wizard app will check to see if both the sending and receiving phones have a TF phone number. It must be looking at some cookies/files on the phone because it'll work even when the sending phone is no longer active (number had been transferred to the new phone).

An alternative is using the LG Mobile Switch app if both phones are made by LG. The LG Mobile Switch app is usually preloaded on recent LG phones, it's in the Management group of apps in the App Drawer (the other two groups are Essentials and Google). If your old or new phone doesn't have it, it can be downloaded from Google Play Store. The LG Mobile Switch app functions similarly to the TF Transfer Wizard app.

The Messages and Call Logs are stored deep in internal memory. I don't know of a way to find and extract them.

The Google Calendar app has a "static" icon which always shows "31". Some LG and other phones come preloaded with the manufacturer's own Calendar app which has a "live" icon showing the current date. Look on your phones to see if there's another Calendar app.

Edited: I just looked at the Google Calendar app on my Moto E6 and it's icon is "live" (showing "23" for today). So I don't know why the icon is static on some phones and live on some phones.