Thread: Ebay add on card deal

Feedback Score

Ebay add on card deal

I'm looking for the ebay Tracfone deal that was up last year with the one year/1200/1200/1200 add on card for 49.00 dollars. Does anyone know if it's available again this year? All I can find is the one with the sim cards, will it work as a add on?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    All I can find is the one with the sim cards, will it work as a add on?
    The preloaded SIM can be used to add service to an existing phone, but it takes some maneuvering.

* If your current phone has a BYOP TF/AT&T or BYOP TF/T-mo SIM, it's the simplest case. Buy a preloaded SIM for the same carrier, activate it with a transfer from the existing SIM, then put the new SIM in the phone.

* If your current phone has a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, buy a preloaded TF/Verizon SIM, but you'll need a rep to activate it with a transfer from the existing SIM, because the rep has to unpair the existing SIM from the phone IMEI, then pair the new SIM with the phone IMEI.

* If your current phone is a TF-branded phone, then you'll need to activate the preloaded SIM with a transfer from the existing phone, then transfer service back to the TF-branded phone. Too much hassle unless you want to put up with it.

Feedback Score
    No, don't want to go to all that trouble. I thought the one I bought last year had 3 sims with it, but I was able to use the card with my existing sim. I see one for 60 dollars, but not sure if that's the same one.

Feedback Score
    Winter of 2020 they quit sending one year cards with SIMs and started sending preloaded SIMs.
    Probably because people like me were using the one year card and not using the SIMs.
    Tracfone rewards referral code OXCC-2594 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    No, don't want to go to all that trouble. I thought the one I bought last year had 3 sims with it, but I was able to use the card with my existing sim. I see one for 60 dollars, but not sure if that's the same one.
    It's up to you. None of those deals come with a scratch off card anymore. They are all preloaded SIMs.

For what it's worth, I bought one of those 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year deals for someone I help when it was on sale for $19.99 before Christmas, specified an AT&T SIM card, added it to their online account, and then via online chat asked for the 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year balances to be transferred to an active TF Vzw line on the same online account. The agent did it without question, and it worked out just fine.

If what I described above was risky, hopefully someone will chime in with a warning, but for 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year for $19.99, I thought it was worth the effort.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

If what I described above was risky, hopefully someone will chime in with a warning, but for 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year for $19.99, I thought it was worth the effort.
    What you said is correct. It's a super easy process.

Feedback Score
    It's up to you. None of those deals come with a scratch off card anymore. They are all preloaded SIMs.

For what it's worth, I bought one of those 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year deals for someone I help when it was on sale for $19.99 before Christmas, specified an AT&T SIM card, added it to their online account, and then via online chat asked for the 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year balances to be transferred to an active TF Vzw line on the same online account. The agent did it without question, and it worked out just fine.

Just to be sure I understand what you did....
    Did you activate the preloaded SIM as a new, separate, line, and then merge/combine the 2 lines?

Or did you add the SIM card as an additional device on your account without activating it, and ask the rep to 'harvest' the allotments from the unactivated SIM?
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-the-Ebay-deal

check out what I wrote awhile back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Just to be sure I understand what you did....
    Did you activate the preloaded SIM as a new, separate, line, and then merge/combine the 2 lines?

Or did you add the SIM card as an additional device on your account without activating it, and ask the rep to 'harvest' the allotments from the unactivated SIM?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. This was completely new to me. Either scenario you described SHOULD work the same in the long run. But this is what I did:

I added the preloaded SIM to the online account where it showed the ICCID with an ACTIVATE button, and then I did the chat asking for the CSR to add/move/combine the $19.99 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year plan attached to that ICCID to one of the existing active lines on that account.

In order to activate, the CSR asked me for a zip code to get a local # for the 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year plan attached to that ICCID, and then the CSR moved the plan balances to the specified existing active line.

Feedback Score
    In order to activate, the CSR asked me for a zip code to get a local # for the 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year plan attached to that ICCID, and then the CSR moved the plan balances to the specified existing active line.
    Sounds like the CSR activated and merged in one conversation.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the details, Boz1 !
    Yes, it sounds to me like a one-step activation + merge. That was a very capable CSR! Wish they were all that good.

I've heard that some folks have managed to sweet-talk a rep into doing this simply by harvesting the allotments-- basically treating it like it was a separate refill card. (Although if the CSR was as good as Boz1's, it might have been activated relatively invisibly, and then merged.)

Feedback Score
    Jessil the CSR that helped me today handled it all very smoothly over chat session help. I had one of the preloaded TF/ATT sims. My one current line is on TF/verizon byop. He only needed to know the new sim card number and the imei and sim of my current device. In less than 10 minutes it was done. I had my online account open in another window and when i checked all balances and service end date were correct. They also made follow up calls to both my home number and work number to confirm my service was working correctly.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geomobile View Post
    Jessil the CSR that helped me today handled it all very smoothly over chat session help.
    Outstanding. It's great to get a competent rep.

Feedback Score
    I received 2 transaction summary emails that indicate how the CSR accomplished the task of adding the Ebay card. The first transaction showed that the Ebay sim was activated with a new random number (random area code) and the expected 1 year service time. Then the service time, min, text, and data were transferred to my current line.