Thread: does tracfone take google voice numbers for port in?

Feedback Score

does tracfone take google voice numbers for port in?

I'm sure this has been covered sometime but these days some carriers are no longer accepting google voice numbers for port in. Does tracfone allow google numbers in 2021? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLaserman View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered sometime but these days some carriers are no longer accepting google voice numbers for port in. Does tracfone allow google numbers in 2021? Thanks!
    I'm not aware of any provider that does not allow Google Voice numbers to be ported in. There is at least one provider (Visible) that does not allow Google Voice numbers, among others, to qualify for special promotion offers requiring porting in from a competing provider. (Those special promotions include rebates, gift cards, price reductions on devices or service, etc.)

For your specific question, I'm not aware of Tracfone having any similar restrictions even for their infrequent promotional deals that require porting in a number from another provider.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    I was in one store that told me my google voice number could not be ported to them. I know a guy that manages three metro stores that told me "it depends." On what he wouldn't say. Someone told me Mint Mobile told them to port to another "real" carrier then they could port to them. I guess I'll just have to try. I did notice a couple of sites said google voice numbers were treated like land lines and it could take 5-7 days for the number to port. Thanks for responding!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Try chatting with Tracfone and ask. You may lose the activation airtime in a failed activation, or end up with a new number.
    https://www.tracfone.com/contactus

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a (rooted) A11
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone on AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I ported in my google voice number to TF BYOD without issue. I should add that although my number was initially issued by GV I had previously ported it over to Sprint, and from there ported it over to TF..
    Jake

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    There is at least one provider (Visible) that does not allow Google Voice numbers, among others, to qualify for special promotion offers requiring porting in from a competing provider.
    That makes sense, offering a promo for porting a number and not allowing you to create a free number with Goolag to take advantage of the promo with.
    Tracfone rewards referral code OXCC-2594 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards