Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: multiple segment texts

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back in the day, sites link tinyurl were useful. These days I think they do more to obfuscate malicious sites than helpful ones. I don't trust or open any shortened urls any more, from any provider (youtube, google, etc).

Instead, using a site such as https://urlex.org/, i paste in the url and can see the full target url. I can then decide to open it or not.

ymmv

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

multiple segment texts

Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Back in the day, sites link tinyurl were useful. These days I think they do more to obfuscate malicious sites than helpful ones. I don't trust or open any shortened urls any more, from any provider (youtube, google, etc).

Instead, using a site such as https://urlex.org/, i paste in the url and can see the full target url. I can then decide to open it or not.

ymmv
    I use redirects / shorteners for a few of my sites due to free hosting and long sub.domain.blah/user/site/page (this isnt a real link, only an example) but i turn off the feature that “hides” the target url because it tends to break the functionality of the responsive layouts.

However, the sites also tend to list the redirect/shortener url on the main page so people know we legitimately use them.

For instance dwr.shorturl.com points to angelfire.com/hi5/jmachere/dwr/

Im working on updating all our sites to show our “official domains” on the main page.

Sent from my Tello iPhone using HoFo
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post

ymmv
    I will try that. I won't even have to learn all over again how to copy and paste on my frickin' smart phone. I use Microsoft's "Your Phone" program on my Win10 PC for texting. It "operates" my smart phone for texting via wifi. That makes things like copy and paste as easy for me as falling off a log.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Only way to migrate knowing this is buying an unlocked T-Mobile device or upgrading your phone through Tello with a device that shows GSM & VoLTE in its technology box.

Maria from Tello has confirmed that buying a new device will migrate you to the new network, which may explain how compatible devices on active accounts can be migrated through the BYOD page. (Like my iPhone SE from Tello)
    I have a spare Moto E6 that both Ting and Tello like. This should be a simple swap of my current Moto E4.

The info on the page though isn't clear to me. It gives 2 scenarios. It can't be the first scenario of a GSM phone replacing a GSM phone. The second one must be it, but it sort of suggests replacing a CDMA phone with a CDMA phone. I'm pretty sure though, it's replacing a CDMA with a GSM.

The other question is if I need a new SIM. I'm guessing I can use the old one, but I'm not sure.

Last but not least, I want to be sure to retain the old phone number. It's the first phone number I've has in 60 years that is easy to remember.

Name:  replace_phone.png
Views: 30
Size:  21.1 KB

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MiFi_online View Post
    I have a spare Moto E6 that both Ting and Tello like. This should be a simple swap of my current Moto E4.

The info on the page though isn't clear to me. It gives 2 scenarios. It can't be the first scenario of a GSM phone replacing a GSM phone. The second one must be it, but it sort of suggests replacing a CDMA phone with a CDMA phone. I'm pretty sure though, it's replacing a CDMA with a GSM.

The other question is if I need a new SIM. I'm guessing I can use the old one, but I'm not sure.

Last but not least, I want to be sure to retain the old phone number. It's the first phone number I've has in 60 years that is easy to remember.

Name:  replace_phone.png
Views: 30
Size:  21.1 KB
    On the Tello BYOD Page, click the button for "No, I need one"

It will then tell you which SIM they will send you.

I sent a ScreenShot for my current iPhone, which oddly states not CDMA compatible - but is currently being used with a Sprint SIM.
    If it offers a GSM SIM, then it will migrate you to the new T-Mobile Network. CDMA SIMs will keep you on Sprint's network.
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-01-25_11-03-46.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  50.3 KB

For keeping your number click on Continue and login.
    On the order page after you login, select the phone number for the phone you are migrating in the drop down box.
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-01-25_11-06-19.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  51.1 KB

From there on out, it will treat the order as a phone upgrade/phone swap and send out whichever SIM it offered - which can also be confirmed in the order screen as seen above.
    Considering that they are now on-boarding all new devices to GSM, it is likely that it will offer a GSM SIM card even though you are an existing customer.
    Maria confirmed any customer who upgrades their phone (buys a new device from them) will be migrated to GSM.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't work for me. On the checkout page, it offers to use my current phone number, so I use that. I click on the "Finalize order" button and a pink line appears near the top of the page. It says to activate the existing device in your account first.

My existing device is active and working. Now what?Name:  replace_2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  32.5 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2