Thread: Verizon prepaid or verizon mvno for better call quality?

Feedback Score

Question Verizon prepaid or verizon mvno for better call quality?

I have Red pocket and use verizon's towers with them. For the majority of the time my service is fine but I have had times where someone said they called me and my phone didn't ring/vibrate and their number was not shown in the call history. Also on very rare occasions, I sound broken up or the person that I'm speaking to breaks up (I hear every other word or can barely make out what they are saying). Would I have better luck with these issues with verizon prepaid?

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What phone do you have and where are you when you typically have problems?

The problem may not entirely be with you.

Mobile coverage is not absolute. Even in a well covered location, there could be dead spots. I sometimes have a coverage outage driving through Central Park in NYC.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morgothaod View Post
    I have Red pocket and use verizon's towers with them. For the majority of the time my service is fine but I have had times where someone said they called me and my phone didn't ring/vibrate and their number was not shown in the call history. Also on very rare occasions, I sound broken up or the person that I'm speaking to breaks up (I hear every other word or can barely make out what they are saying). Would I have better luck with these issues with verizon prepaid?
    i would consider the handset you are using but sounds like a basic coverage/signal issue.

i doubt level of prioritization would make any difference, if there is any advantage to say verizon prepaid i would expect it to be limited to faster and more consistent data speeds when you have a strong connection.

would it make sense for you to try something on at&t or t-mobile ?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Call priority is the same across all Verizon providers. Do you know for sure if your calls are on LTE & not on 1x? (VoLTE)

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Poor call quality makes me think you might not have HD calling with the other users. You do not get HD calling unless the other person has HD calling/VoLTE or a landline too. Sometime, carrier interconnect does not allow this.

Then it could be on your end too. Your phone might not support Verizon VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think the only place Verizon prepaid might have a distinction that could help the op is that it includes roaming. But that's location and probably phone dependent to some degree.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I have seen the same issue with Spectrum and Visible. I think it's a Verizon thing.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Not having any issues with Total Wireless where I have 4 lines (another MVNO).

Feedback Score
    I have a moto e5 play and it was for Verizon prepaid but I unlocked it and switched to Red Pocket. The two times I had an issue with calls not going through was when I lost my phone at work and called my number from another phone.

Another time whenI didn't receive a call was from the car mechanic. Not sure when he called but I was probably at home.

I had a call around garbled when someone called me from the hospital. I was at work when I received the call. In my work building, I can't receive or make calls with AT&T unless I walk towards the entrance.

Verizon and T-mobile seem to be the best here in Pinellas county florida. I have had issues with voicemail on t-mobile with the notification not showing up when receiving a message.

I have seen HD calling appear when I'm talking to someone and there have been a few times when 1x appears on the top of my screen.