Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Home screen numbers?

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score

Samsung Home screen numbers?

How many home screens does a Samsung A01 or Samsung A10e have? I have a LG Rebel 4 that I can swipe though multiple pages (screens) and was able to increase the number simply by moving an app into a part of the screen that had no other apps. I currently have 4 screens on my LG phone - Tracfone. I also use the Carousel effect to rotate though these.

How much different is the Samsung Android phones compared to the LG Rebel 4 LML212VL model?

Also can you use an SD card to increase overall storage, working as extension of internal storage, or is it used like my LG as a SD Card to place pictures, movies, documents on to save space in the internal storage of the phone?

Many thanks !!
    Last edited by Serial Port; 01-24-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG Rebel 4(current house phone) -> LG K31 Rebel(my pack along)

Feedback Score
    I have a Samsung J3 Orbit. I created 16 screens before I stopped.
    I suspect I could have done many more.
    You can create them by moving an app to an empty area or long press the screen and you get a plus sign to add them.
    There is the same carousel effect but no loop screen.
    SD cards are external storage not an extension.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If it's running the same version of Android, should be no different than the LG. There is only 1 home screen, the one the phone opens by default when you turn it on. Samsung may have a few different applications but the Android OS is almost identical (short of a different version) on different phone models/manufacturers.

The SD card is used for storage as you mentioned, it is not the same as RAM on a desktop or laptop computer.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    My wife has a TF-branded Samsung A10e and I added 6 more screens before I stopped. I used the same steps that LadyLC described above.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Most of the Samsung phones have adoptable storage disabled from the factory.

I know other phones have that enabled to be able to use.

Since I have a larger capacity phone, I hardly need to use the SD card but for photos and videos now.

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This Samsung has Android 10 on it. Link to what I was looking at https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B088NKZT...v_ov_lig_dp_it Also it is at Walmart locally for the same cost. I think Walmart would let me return the phone if it was not activated with my number or any number. I would have to check to verify that, however.

Vern

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got the Samsung A01 at Walmart this afternoon. Customer service and Electronics guy confirmed I CAN return it within 14 days if not activated.
    One thing of note, of which I am not sure. It looks as if the charging/USB cable is a different type from the normal USB cable I use on my LG phones. My USB cables did not seem to want to go in (no forcing). So just used the one that came with it. Can anyone verify if this USB is different on the micro end?
    Thanks in advance!!

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    It looks as if the charging/USB cable is a different type from the normal USB cable I use on my LG phones. My USB cables did not seem to want to go in (no forcing). So just used the one that came with it. Can anyone verify if this USB is different on the micro end?
    It probably has the newer USB type-C connector instead of the old USB micro-B. The type-C can transmit data at a faster rate, and you don't have to check to see which way is up. Its shape is like a running track. If you have a lot of the old micro-B cables, you can buy a bunch of micro-B to type-C adapters to plug into the cables. They're not that expensive on Ebay.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Look at the micro end of the connectors side by side and you will see they are different. The new one can be plugged in either side up.
    Compare the Amperage output of the charging blocks to see if the new one is a fast charger.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The newer Samsung devices use the USB-C connection to plug into the phone. The older Micro-USB cords are now no longer able to be used, do not attempt to force it. There are cords with either a standard USB or the newer USB-C interface to allow faster charging and data transfer that plug into either a computer or wall jack. My Samsung S9+ (about 2 - 3 years old) and my new Samsung Tab S7 have the newer USB-C connection on the phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Got the Samsung A01 at Walmart this afternoon. Customer service and Electronics guy confirmed I CAN return it within 14 days if not activated.
    One thing of note, of which I am not sure. It looks as if the charging/USB cable is a different type from the normal USB cable I use on my LG phones. My USB cables did not seem to want to go in (no forcing). So just used the one that came with it. Can anyone verify if this USB is different on the micro end?
    Thanks in advance!!
    Lots of new phones are going to USB C and going away from microUSB.

So you will need to get adapters or new cables.

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Couple of other questions. In SETTINGS I can choose Wallpaper, which I have, just like my LG Rebel 4 (has Android 8.0) But, on the LG you get 2 choices a single static picture, or a picture that has been divided into "pages" . If I choose the "pages" one, which I really like, then when I swipe to the left I get a new page, with those icons apps I have put on that page, but the picture "Wallpaper" also moves just a bit to show more of the rest of the chosen picture until I get to the end of the pages, then it "LOOPS" back to the first page. Is this feature not available on the Samsung? Or, is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Also there appears to be no "LOOP" on the Samsung as there is on the LG Rebel 4. Is this a feature only on the LG phone?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You may want to look at Nova Launcher to get back the looping wrap around of home screens. I haven't played around with it enough to know how it handles wallpaper, but it's got a ton of customizations for how your home screen looks and behaves.

Device(s)
    LG K31 Rebel
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    You may want to look at Nova Launcher to get back the looping wrap around of home screens. I haven't played around with it enough to know how it handles wallpaper, but it's got a ton of customizations for how your home screen looks and behaves.
    Thank you! I'll take a close look at Nova Launcher. Might be like the "Classic Shell" I use on our Windows 10 computers at home that starts at the start up. Classic Shell lets us use Windows XP or Windows 7 desktop look and it looks and acts just like Windows XP. no more tiles and stuff. Even the "Control Panel" from click START / CONTROL PANEL has individual settings and not grouped together like the Window 10 control panel. We do not like the panels. Let's me navigate a lot easier as we are used to the layout and such of Windows XP.

I imagine Nova Launcher is similar to Classic Shell as it is also a kind of launcher, but more tuned into the Wallpaper side I presume?

Feedback Score
    Yes, the loop feature is only on the LG.
    Samsung phones do not have it.

I was curious why you asked about the number of screens.
    Do you think you need to have a high number of screens and the LG phone doesn't support that?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast