Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung setting default CONTACTS to Google

Feedback Score
    Drag it over?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    However, I cannot remember when using the Nova Launcher Prime ho to add in the little apps drawer I used on the bottom "dock"
    You trying to get the app draw back on the home screen or in the dock?

Or are you just trying to get to phone settings?

You can get to settings from the notification bar. Swipe down twice (2nd time expands the quick tiles) and a gear icon should be in the lower corner of the tiles.

Getting the apologize drawer back depends in the launcher. Nova has an option, add the Nova Action widget and select App Drawer, then put it where ever you want. Not sure about the Samsung launcher.

Or just use the gesture to access the app drawer. Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got the App Drawer icon figured out. Downloaded and moved my most used apps into the Samsung A10e and then tried out. I made my decision last night and took back the Samsung A01 to Walmart today and got my money back. Last night I took a picture of a margarine tub with both phone and the A01 was terrible compared to the A10e camera and pictures. I had seen this happen the other day taking a picture of some salad dressing on the store to show to wife. Came out all blurry, and out of focus. I do not know if the Samsung A01 has a defective camera lens (checked for fingerprints and smudge - none) but my wife even tried both phones in taking pictures and the A103 was superior in getting focused quicker and taking a well detailed photo. Settings were duplicate on both phones.

The Samsung A01 had a setting to double tap to wake up the screen, at least to the lock screen, while the Samsung A10e does not have that feature in the settings. The Nova Launcher has a setting to lock the phone with a double tap on the screen. Worked that way with both phones with Nova Launcher.

The Blue Light filter was kind of hard to set up, because I kept looking for it in "SETTINGS" while on both models that option is the drop down menu as you pull down on the screen near the top.

Now I need to see if there is a setting to de-sensitize touch near the edge of the phone. I keep getting apps to open up or get moved,/ removed from hitting it with the edge of my hand. Getting a "Body Glove" soft case that gives a better grip helped.

Transferring my number and activating the new Samsung A10e was a breeze on TracFone website. Everything moved over for phone # and minutes/data/text within about 5 minutes or less.
    The A10e has Android 10 on it.

Thought I would like to update and add this information in case anyone now or in the future were interested in that info regarding those 2 Samsung phones. Have learned a lot. The Message app is Samsung, so if you want message for web you need to download and install Google Messages. The Contacts I liked was an LG app, apparently available for only LG phones. The Contacts app on Samsung is a Samsung app and behaves a bit differently. I like the LG one loads better
    Phone also seems to be a bit different on the Samsung A10e compared to my LG Rebel 4.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG Rebel 4(current house phone) -> LG Premier Pro Plus(my pack along)

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A few questions for those familiar with Android, or Samsung Galaxy A10e.... Is there a way to increase the sound of the touch of dialing on the phone? I have all the sounds in volume set to max, but the sound is very faint in dialing on the phone. Also the click feedback is pretty shallow as well. How do I increase just the pone dialing sounds?

Is there a way to define a certain sound for certain apps? Let me explain a bit. I recorded my voice saying "Incoming Message" and saved it as a mp3 file, and was using it on my LG phone for the message app as our little dog does not seem to "freak out" at that sound (my voice) but has a coniption fit when some of those other default sounds are for notification. If I choose "Incoming Message" as a notificationi sound, it is in every notification of every app, not just the "MESSAGES" app. IOW is there a way to define certain sounds and assign them to certain apps?
    If I had to, I'd turn off all notifications, except for MESSAGES, and just leave the "Incoming Messages" sound for that, but then I would not know if there was some sort of other notification.

Increase volume of dial pad and separate notification sounds for each app. Would be nice.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The blue filter should be in Settings->Display. It's called night light in Android 10 (at least the ones I've played with).

Notification sounds are up to the app. Most apps have a way to change it, but some just use the system wide default notification sound.

Never seen anything on feedback sound volume. I turn that off anyway. I don't want my phone making noise/vibrating evey time I touch it.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    [A few questions for those familiar with Android, or Samsung Galaxy A10e.... Is there a way to increase the sound of the touch of dialing on the phone? I have all the sounds in volume set to max, but the sound is very faint in dialing on the phone. Also the click feedback is pretty shallow as well. How do I increase just the phone dialing sounds?

Is there a way to define a certain sound for certain apps?
    My wife has a TF-branded A10e. I checked and these are my findings:
    * The dialpad sound is in the System Sounds group. Turning that to maximum is all you can do. It's still not very loud.
    * On the A10e and all the phones that I have, the Notification sound is used by ALL apps, you can't assign different notification sounds to different apps. Also, on the A10e you cannot add your own Notification sound.

I don't like the settings on the A10e, they're not as customizeable as on LG phones, and I don't like the way they're organized.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My wife has a TF-branded A10e. I checked and these are my findings:
    * The dialpad sound is in the System Sounds group. Turning that to maximum is all you can do. It's still not very loud.
    * On the A10e and all the phones that I have, the Notification sound is used by ALL apps, you can't assign different notification sounds to different apps. Also, on the A10e you cannot add your own Notification sound.

I don't like the settings on the A10e, they're not as customizeable as on LG phones, and I don't like the way they're organized.
    Thanks for that reply!. I figured you might chime in as your wife has a same model. On the dialing it is barely noticeable and there is NO vibration like on my LG phones. Did you notice any vibration feedback when in the phone app? I can understand that some would not want very or no sound, but I like the option to tone down the sound our mute it, rather than having an anemic sound at maximum. I agree, that the Samsung has some issues with the way they are organized and customize. Makes me wonder about something like the LG phones in a similar price range.
    There is one thing, you "can" add a customized sound. Record a sound you want and then move it to the SD card as an MP3 file, in some folder like Ringtones or Notifications. I have a "Gibbs Phone" ring that has 2 rings, like the one that Leroy Jethro Gibbs uses on NCIS on his flip phone. I also recorded my voice saying " Incoming Message" and saved it in my LG, which I transferred over to the Samsung. My youngest daughter is quite sold on Samsung and she has a pretty nice tablet. however, I think those Samsung phones are a lot more pricey (over $100.00)

Dial pad... no vibration feedback?
    Seems like the keyboard is the same. Keyboard on LG phone is very much reflective feedback with both sound and vibration.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    "Makes me wonder about something like the LG phones in a similar price range"

I keep all notification sounds turned off except for text messages and phone ringer. But I took a look at my LG K31 rebel. It does have notification sound customization.

I found it under Settings > Notifications > Apps > (pick any app) > (pick notification type) > Sound > (select a system sound or plus sign to choose an audio file)

A Moto G Power also has custom notification sounds, older phones don't seem to have the option.

What I really miss is the notification led that was on some LGs.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought that maybe my Samsung Galaxy A10e had a defect. Still not sure about the vibrations. I tried another phone, Google Phone, and it is significantly louder, and by that I mean it is heard, not necessarily very loud. So is the Hangouts Dial app, louder than the Samsung built in phone, but none of these vibrate.when dial keys are pressed.

I like the touch interaction and vibration feedback. I have some vision issues and any little thing helps.

Feedback Score
    I thought that maybe my Samsung Galaxy A10e had a defect. Still not sure about the vibrations. I tried another phone, Google Phone, and it is significantly louder, and by that I mean it is heard, not necessarily very loud. So is the Hangouts Dial app, louder than the Samsung built in phone, but none of these vibrate.when dial keys are pressed.

I like the touch interaction and vibration feedback. I have some vision issues and any little thing helps.
    Go to Settings>Sounds and you should see some settings for touch vibrations. Make sure they are turned on. That is where the touch settings are on my Samsung Tablet running Android 10. Samsung has a tendency to not support hepatic feedback on non flagship devices though.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Go to Settings>Sounds and you should see some settings for touch vibrations. Make sure they are turned on. That is where the touch settings are on my Samsung Tablet running Android 10. Samsung has a tendency to not support hepatic feedback on non flagship devices though.
    Thank you for that but I checked in Settings> Sounds> and all sounds and vibrations are checked. No feedback on keyboard or phone app for vibrations. That is why I thought that maybe it might be a flaw in the phone, as in "defective"

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I checked every setting and STILL cannot get a vibration feedback, dialing or any other vibration. Phone is going back to Best Buy to get my money back. Bought a Tracfone LG K31 Rebel that DOES have touch vibration feedback, has individual app notifications sounds and a lot more keyboard choices than the Samsung and for nearly 1/2 the money.

Odd thing though, is that the K31 Rebel says on the Tracfone site that it is Wi-Fi capable as does the manual.... but no luck

Did find our one interesting thing. If you put a 64GB card in there, format it, the phone recognizes the 64 GB memory of the card and some files I moved over into the DCIM show up and everything seems normal.
    Last edited by vljenewein; 02-08-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]a lot more keyboard choices than the Samsung
    Both have access to all the same addon keyboards. Just download the one you want.

Odd thing though, is that the K31 Rebel says on the Tracfone site that it is Wi-Fi capable as does the manual.
    Wifi or wifi calling?

I'm sure it can connect to wifi for data like ever android ever made.

Wifi calling is basically T-Mobile only with TF. And the phone won't even show the options with the wrong SIM installed.

phone recognizes the 64 GB memory of the card and some files I moved over into the DCIM show up and everything seems normal.
    Not quite following the last part but sounds like adopted storage so the card acts like part of internal storage.

Only problem with that is you can't just put the cars in another device/reader and access the data on it. It's all encrypted so can only be accessed by that phone.

Feedback Score
    If you put a 64GB card in there, format it, the phone recognizes the 64 GB memory of the card and some files I moved over into the DCIM show up and everything seems normal.
    When you formatted the SD card, there should have been a choice to use external or Adoptable Storage. You might look at the storage type using a PC and File Manager. If not Adoptable Storage, would think it should show both the internal storage and the external (SD card) storage. Adoptable Storage may only show internal storage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2