Unlimited Talk & Text
    365 Service Days
    12 GB of Data

$199.00

Name:  IMG_0704.PNG
Views: 88
Size:  372.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Slightly more per month ($16.67) than the $20 ($15 w/Auto-Refill) Unlimited plan. And you can't bail out as quickly as the 30 day plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Slightly more per month ($16.67) than the $20 ($15 w/Auto-Refill) Unlimited plan. And you can't bail out as quickly as the 30 day plans.
    I have a bundled phone with service for a few more months. Some questions about adding the $20 Unlimited plan to this bundled service:

1. Suppose that I need unlimited talk+text for one month starting tomorrow. Can I add auto-refill for just one month? Will I have to cancel auto-refill at the end of that month?

2. And then, after canceling auto-refill, can I then go back on auto-refill for just one month in, say, April?

3. When does the 30 days of unlimited talk+text start - does it start on the day I buy the Unlimited plan?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Oh and the most important question about auto-refill - is it possible to do auto-refill using Rewards points?
    Thanks for any help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    1. Suppose that I need unlimited talk+text for one month starting tomorrow. Can I add auto-refill for just one month? Will I have to cancel auto-refill at the end of that month?

2. And then, after canceling auto-refill, can I then go back on auto-refill for just one month in, say, April?
    If you want to go on and off an Unlimited plan periodically, may be best to avoid Auto-Refill. All you have to do is let a regular 30 day Unlimited plan run out to go back to a standard plan. Your PayGo talk/text/data values will then be made available. I only mentioned Auto-Refill because it is less expensive than regular Unlimited plans.

Feedback Score
    I just read on their site the auto refill pricing is only for first 2 months and regular pricing after. Too bad it’s not every month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Oh and the most important question about auto-refill - is it possible to do auto-refill using Rewards points?
    The Tracfone website shows all airtime plans can be purchased with Reward points.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Exactly! Who in TF HQs comes up with these "brilliant" ideas?

I got all excited as I misread that as being a monthly plan paid 12 months in advanced (like those of at&t prepaid), until I realized that the 12GB was total for the whole year, not per month. Silly me, I know.

Even with a smaller monthly but decent data allocation at that price (say 5 or 6GB per MONTH) I would seriously consider paying a full year in advance.
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 20 years!

Feedback Score
    The Tracfone website shows all airtime plans can be purchased with Reward points.
    But I believe the auto pay discount does not apply, just like promo code discount do not apply when using reward points.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Unlimited Talk & Text
    365 Service Days
    12 GB of Data

$199.00

Name:  IMG_0704.PNG
Views: 88
Size:  372.3 KB
    I just got the same email : looks like this is what's coming with VZ... or at at least a start!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Exactly! Who in TF HQs comes up with these "brilliant" ideas?

I got all excited as I misread that as being a monthly plan paid 12 months in advanced (like those of at&t prepaid), until I realized that the 12GB was total for the whole year, not per month. Silly me, I know.

Even with a smaller monthly but decent data allocation at that price (say 5 or 6GB per MONTH) I would seriously consider paying a full year in advance.
    iT SMELLS VZ !
    Once the sale is done and anybody complains... they would say that's the price charged by TF before we bought it!
    I don't know if they would even honor the buckets/Service bought previously!

Maybe we should start looking for an alternative to TF/VZ!
    is there any?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    iT SMELLS VZ !
    Once the sale is done and anybody complains... they would say that's the price charged by TF before we bought it!
    I don't know if they would even honor the buckets/Service bought previously!

is there any?
    $20 X 12 months $240
    This is $199.
    Buy it and done for a year. Some people don't want to sign up for auto refill. Not the plan for me, but I'm sure it's perfect for some.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    $20 X 12 months $240
    This is $199.
    Buy it and done for a year. Some people don't want to sign up for auto refill. Not the plan for me, but I'm sure it's perfect for some.

I am not used to buying more than 1 card a year with 400 minutes*3 and 1 year service at less than $100 for about 10 years... until the Bucket system started...

Then, we got a bonanza few years back, with nothing close to $200 ( because some wholesalers got greedy (splitting phones and buckets and selling them at a deep discount), until TF discovered / became aware of the scam , and kicked them out!) ... those were the good old days

And now maybe VZ in the future, which is not much of a future to be thankful for!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post

is there any?
    Yes there are many alternatives. I wouldn’t panic and jump ship before we see what big red is going to do. But yeah, there are alternatives that serve different niches. Mint, H2O, Tello, Ting, RedPocket, Liberty. None have quite the same flexibility as TF, but depending on one’s usage pattern, they could be less expensive.

But I expect VZ will have to honor service already bought and paid for. No use anticipating the worst.

Feedback Score
    If somebody needs the allotments of the above plan, UT&T&1GB LTE/mo averaged, there are multiple MVNOs with better deals than $199/year, which is $16.58/mo.

See below for a couple of the better deals for UT&T&1GB LTE/mo. These are just two of several less expensive plans.

Liberty Wireless @ UT&T&1GB LTE, $100/year, $8.33/mo (T-Mobile)

Mobi @ UT&T&1GB LTE, $9.99/mo (Vzw)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast