Thread: iOS 14.5 Beta Soon-Dual Sim 5G!

Feedback Score

iOS 14.5 Beta Soon-Dual Sim 5G!

The Developer Beta for iOS 14.5 was released on 2-1-21 which allows dual sim 5G capable phones to use 5G on both lines simultaneously. There had been many rumors that this would not be implemented on the current 12 models of iPhones and would require additional hardware updates. The public Beta might be available as early as 2-2-21. I will be installing it as soon as it drops and will update this post at that time.

Feedback Score
    https://www.idropnews.com/how-to/her...a-mask/151607/

if you have apple watch, can you tell us how well this works

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KH6CY View Post
    https://www.idropnews.com/how-to/her...a-mask/151607/

if you have apple watch, can you tell us how well this works
    Absolutely. I've gotten in the habit of just pulling my mask down for about a second to unlock my phone. I use the Reminder App at the market frequently, and the one on the watch isn't as easy to read as the phone version.

It's almost 3:00 PM here on the West Coast and still no public beta. I was hoping it would release today. I seem to recall lots of updates being released on Tuesdays, but apparently not this one.

Feedback Score
    I downloaded the Developer Profile for my 12 Pro Max and Apple Watch (6?) and ran them both. They did install and seem to run fine. The phone gets 5G on both carriers but only displays one 5G symbol next to the carrier bars and names in the status bar. Control Center also only displays one 5G symbol next to the top carrier name listed. There does not seem to be any improvement in data speeds, but I didn't expect there would be.

The Face ID with a mask works well, and seems to unlock in about the same amount of time as before. No real change there, but nice of them to go to the trouble of adding this feature.

If anyone else wants to install these profiles, they are available for free at: www.betaprofiles.com. Just log in on your phone with Safari and download directly to your phone for both the watch & phone version.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 8th Gen, MacBook Pro mid-2012 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    The Developer Beta for iOS 14.5 was released on 2-1-21 which allows dual sim 5G capable phones to use 5G on both lines simultaneously. There had been many rumors that this would not be implemented on the current 12 models of iPhones and would require additional hardware updates. The public Beta might be available as early as 2-2-21. I will be installing it as soon as it drops and will update this post at that time.
    That’s like 10G o.o

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk