Thread: Tracfone/Verizon sim swapping?

Feedback Score

Tracfone/Verizon sim swapping?

I've been using a Tracfone/Verizon sim for my second line and currently have it in a junky Sammy J3. I grabbed one of those 1200/1200/3gb sims for $20.00. Can I try the sim in a few other phones I have or will I run into problems? Was thinking of trying it in an unlocked Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 that I have laying around.

Feedback Score
    It works, but in my experience, the connection speed might be drastically limited.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. Voice works but no sms/mms with the Moto E4
    Last edited by Fishx65; 02-02-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    There was an old forum/thread that if I recall correctly the Vzw Prepaid E4 models had some issues on MVNOs or even on Vzw Postpaid even if unlocked. That's what drove me to get the factory unlocked E4 model.

Feedback Score
    my recent experiences on a Verizon MVNO (Mobi) is that for some reason i often have issues when moving my SIM to a different phone that last from a few minute to a couple hours and than everything works fine. i suspect there is some sort of background APN and/or carrier provisioning that takes place and is sometimes delayed.

Feedback Score
    Definitely the provisioning gets confused... Except if is an iPhone, Apple has a special system to deal with that, to push APN's and update provisioning databases.
    That's why, on my Android phones, I always use a fresh SIM with the new phone - a new SIM it's only $0.99 on Amazon with next day shipping, so why not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Definitely the provisioning gets confused... Except if is an iPhone, Apple has a special system to deal with that, to push APN's and update provisioning databases.
    That's why, on my Android phones, I always use a fresh SIM with the new phone - a new SIM it's only $0.99 on Amazon with next day shipping, so why not?
    i think the reason not would be if you like to change your phone a lot its simply move convenient to take out the SIM and put in the new phone. i suspect many of us on this forum also like test device and move the SIM for perhaps only a few minutes and than move it back.

i have noticed Verizon MVNO SIMs lately seem not to be great at such movements and take a bit of time for all functionality to work. on GSM (at&t/t-mobile) i have never experienced such issues, if things work they will work instantly after inserting the SIM (and perhaps setting APN's - although that is rarely necessary these days)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    my recent experiences on a Verizon MVNO (Mobi) is that for some reason i often have issues when moving my SIM to a different phone that last from a few minute to a couple hours and than everything works fine. i suspect there is some sort of background APN and/or carrier provisioning that takes place and is sometimes delayed.
    Thanks, I'll try it again and give them more time tonight. Funny thing is that voice worked but SMS didn't on the E4 and SMS worked but voice didn't on the G4 Play. I should add that neither Moto lets me change APN settings with a Tracfone sim. I kinda wanted to get one of these Motos working because the J3 is a piece of crap