Thread: HoFo on Android, bad; but on Win10 Computer, good

Feedback Score

HoFo on Android, bad; but on Win10 Computer, good

One would guess that on mobile Android device, user needs to use HowardForums app to visit and interact.

I have visited many times on HowardForums with Windows 10 computer and also on Vista. As long as with Windows 10 either Google Chrome or Firefox, the visit goes well, as far as the technical session.

I have visited just recently once or twice on HowardForums on Android o.s. smartphone. Very poor. No interactability; no way to view or go to any parts of the forum. ( Tried through Google Chrome, the only browser on the device currently).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Never had a problem with the Android HOFO application on my current Samsung phone (Galaxy S21) or tablet (Galaxy Tab S7+) both using Android 11. I have used the same Android application with Android 5,6,7,8,9,10 (and older versions) on prior phones/tablets without any issues.

What version of Android are you running ? What make/model phone ? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application ? What happens when you try to connect on Android ? I would imagine there is a problem with your device, otherwise there would be multiple instances of this happening with other users. You might try using the Tapatalk application (free in the Play store).
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Never had a problem with the Android HOFO application on my current Samsung phone (Galaxy S21) or tablet (Galaxy Tab S7+) both using Android 11. I have used the same Android application with Android 5,6,7,8,9,10 (and older versions) on prior phones/tablets without any issues.

What version of Android are you running ? What make/model phone ? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application ? What happens when you try to connect on Android ? I would imagine there is a problem with your device, otherwise there would be multiple instances of this happening with other users. You might try using the Tapatalk application (free in the Play store).
    On the smartphone, o.s. is Android 9, and is up-to-date for the device.
    No "app" was used on the mobile device other than just Google Chrome which is pre-installed.

Feedback Score
    The actual HoFo app works fine for me.

I've been using it for several years on several different Android phones. And an Android tablet using the app.

It worked great on my Windows phones too until they stopped supporting the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    No "app" was used on the mobile device other than just Google Chrome which is pre-installed.
    Sent from my Moto Optimo Maxx

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The issue here is using a web browser to visit the mobile version of the site. It can be a bit buggy via browsers on any mobile device, including ios, mainly due to screen size and how the website interacts.

It can be hard to find the actual forums on mobile web, much less find how to interact with the forums via mobile web.

It's one reason many of us have installed the HowardForums APP from play store or app store - the app works just fine.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    The issue here is using a web browser to visit the mobile version of the site. It can be a bit buggy via browsers on any mobile device, including ios, mainly due to screen size and how the website interacts.

It can be hard to find the actual forums on mobile web, much less find how to interact with the forums via mobile web.

It's one reason many of us have installed the HowardForums APP from play store or app store - the app works just fine.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    So the point is, I need to know that to view and use Howardforums on an android smartphone, the HoFo app is needed?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So the point is, I need to know that to view and use Howardforums on an android smartphone, the HoFo app is needed?
    Yes, the Howard Forums application optimizes the site to fit more easily on a tablet or cellular phone. I didn't realize you were using the regular internet address that you would on a PC or Mac computer. The application is free and well designed IMHO.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, vBulletin's mobile theme is lacking, which is why the preference is to use the dedicated HowardForums app (based on Tapatalk), or the Tapatalk app itself.

Feedback Score
    Formatting info so that it is usable on the tiny screen of a phone is the reason for many cellphone apps.

The HoFo app, which is a customized version of Tapatalk, works pretty well for HoFo on phones.