Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "no SIM is installed"

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

"no SIM is installed"

3 times in the last 2 days, while the phone was in use, my service ceased and I got a message that no SIM was installed. Each time, I shut down and restarted; all appeared ok. This has not happened before.

I have current iOS14.4

What's happening and what should I do?

George

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Could indicate a failing SIM card.

This is not a big problem, not very unusual and does happen from time to time. You should get a replacement SIM. What model iPhone ?
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    3 times in the last 2 days, while the phone was in use, my service ceased and I got a message that no SIM was installed. Each time, I shut down and restarted; all appeared ok. This has not happened before.

I have current iOS14.4

What's happening and what should I do?

George
    Trash your iPhone to make life easier and smarter.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 02-06-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me. I purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G with a new tmobile 5g sim card. About ten times in 7 days I would receive no sim card error msg. Samsung replaced my phone and the new one works fine. It's either 1. a software upgrade issue, 2. sim card issue (which I highly doubt since it's the same sim card you have been using, correct?) Or 3. a hardware issue with the phone. Unfortunately I do not think your problem will go away without replacing your phone, but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Just for giggles, try removing the sim and wiping it off with a clean, dry cloth then reinsert it. Sometimes just a fingerprint or fleck of lint can cause an intermittent contact. I swap sim cards a lot in different devices and this comes up every 5-10 swaps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    It's complicated ...

I'm married, we have 6 married children, and 2 grandchildren with Apple phones. That's 15 out of 15. Facetime is the communication method of them. Apple Pay is how money is distributed.

I prefer Android, but if I want to be a part of the family, an iPhone it is.

My android experiences were good, but no updates was frustrating. We have WhatsApp, but I really don't trust Mr. Zuckerberg. I've liked Motorola equipment since the 1970s, but it's not the same company. Samsung loads too much crapware. I'd have a Pixel and be on Fi but for the family.

Feedback Score
    You're sacrificing for love, the best reason.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    It's complicated ...

...I prefer Android, but if I want to be a part of the family, an iPhone it is....
    You are just like my family, all androids are been slowly converting to iphone, all those fitbits slowly getting iwatches and so on, dumping whatsapperz in favor of imessage; apple is the way to go.

my son has an iphone XR, he has dropped it so many times, he broke the back and ever since, he also has intermittent signal problems.
    I dont know what iphone you have, but it the back-glass is broken (sometimes hard to see) you might have this issue; the sim card could be another.. if you have a newer iphone, try to go e-sim instead to eliminate the sim contacts. If you have warranty, exchange it for another one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    You are just like my family, all androids are been slowly converting to iphone, all those fitbits slowly getting iwatches and so on, dumping whatsapperz in favor of imessage; apple is the way to go.

my son has an iphone XR, he has dropped it so many times, he broke the back and ever since, he also has intermittent signal problems.
    I dont know what iphone you have, but it the back-glass is broken (sometimes hard to see) you might have this issue; the sim card could be another.. if you have a newer iphone, try to go e-sim instead to eliminate the sim contacts. If you have warranty, exchange it for another one.
    I have a Galaxy S8 (always had Samsung) and going to switch to iPhone, dump Samsung. I kept Samsung cause of the micro SD card slot, but if that is gone what is the point? iPhones hold their value much better and updates happen immediately.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Truth be told, I used to buy SD cards thinking that I needed the extra memory for my phone. Nowaday I find that with cloud storage, there is no need for the extended memory cards for most users. Some users may need one and no issue there. Just buy a phone with the features that you need/want.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score

But seriously, maybe your SIM is lose -- I second the remove it, clean contact, reinstall it.

Feedback Score
    As an Android no crapple guy I chuckle at Androided's response.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    As an Android no crapple guy I chuckle at Androided's response.
    Enjoy

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OP here; the problem seems to have resolved on its own. TMo pushed an update to 45.1 in the timeframe of my problems ... perhaps things got confused in the interim? We'll just have to wait and see.

Feedback Score
    OP here; the problem seems to have resolved on its own. TMo pushed an update to 45.1 in the timeframe of my problems ... perhaps things got confused in the interim? We'll just have to wait and see.
    What OTA update from T-Mobile to your iPhone ?
    It doesn't sound right anyway

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast