Thread: Can kick start plans switch over to T-Mobile SIM?

Feedback Score

Can kick start plans switch over to T-Mobile SIM?

Can anyone detail the steps they did to switch over to a T-Mobile SIM?
    I wasted so much time this weekend and I'm ready to just stay with my current SIM/device for the foreseeable future.
    I have a Pixel 3 that I guess the T-Mobile system says is not compatible to get a new SIM card.
    So I bought the Nord 5G from Best Buy thinking that would solve the problem.
    These employees....hard to blame them...but they just don't know. The most knowledgeable guy said the Nord isn't compatible with the Sprint network. I'm like why does that matter if I now have a T-Mobile SIM card.
    The Thailand support says my plan isn't compatible and wants me to upgrade to a $65 essentials.
    I'd just wait it out for another year but have noticed 3G showing up on phone so I'm seeing network changes.
    I feel like if I were to get a current Galaxy or Iphone the phone check will pass whatever the roadblock is with the Pixel 3 and maybe I could get a SIM.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

TNX is more device dependent than plan dependent. Kickstart is valid for the change.

I heard the Pixels are not TNX compatible yet due to the use of the eSIM, and the Nord may not yet be because of it being very new to the system (know this was the case with the OnePlus 8T+5G up until a month or so ago).

You'll have to wait until it comes as TNX valid in the system, although I still suggest waiting as you get few benefits from TNX and if you get 5G already you already get T-Mobile as the primary network on your device.

ADDENDUM: also, the Best Buy version is the same one as the one sold directly from OnePlus (BE2026) not the T-Mobile-specific version. Did it activate on Sprint at all? The only “Open Market” OnePlus model previously whitelisted was the 7T (I had this as my last device which is how I know). This is a key question, as TNX is not compatible with many Open Market devices unless they are whitelisted by Sprint in general (some Samsung Galaxy models and iPhones are examples that are as you said previously).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Can anyone detail the steps they did to switch over to a T-Mobile SIM? I wasted so much time this weekend and I'm ready to just stay with my current SIM/device for the foreseeable future. I have a Pixel 3 that I guess the T-Mobile system says is not compatible to get a new SIM card. So I bought the Nord 5G from Best Buy thinking that would solve the problem. These employees....hard to blame them...but they just don't know. The most knowledgeable guy said the Nord isn't compatible with the Sprint network. I'm like why does that matter if I now have a T-Mobile SIM card. The Thailand support says my plan isn't compatible and wants me to upgrade to a $65 essentials. I'd just wait it out for another year but have noticed 3G showing up on phone so I'm seeing network changes. I feel like if I were to get a current Galaxy or Iphone the phone check will pass whatever the roadblock is with the Pixel 3 and maybe I could get a SIM.
    see this reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...ch_to_tmobile/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    TNX is more device dependent than plan dependent. Kickstart is valid for the change.

I heard the Pixels are not TNX compatible yet due to the use of the eSIM, and the Nord may not yet be because of it being very new to the system (know this was the case with the OnePlus 8T+5G up until a month or so ago).

You'll have to wait until it comes as TNX valid in the system, although I still suggest waiting as you get few benefits from TNX and if you get 5G already you already get T-Mobile as the primary network on your device.

ADDENDUM: also, the Best Buy version is the same one as the one sold directly from OnePlus (BE2026) not the T-Mobile-specific version. Did it activate on Sprint at all? The only “Open Market” OnePlus model previously whitelisted was the 7T (I had this as my last device which is how I know). This is a key question, as TNX is not compatible with many Open Market devices unless they are whitelisted by Sprint in general (some Samsung Galaxy models and iPhones are examples that are as you said previously).

I ended up not opening it. When they scanned the IMEI from the back of the box it basically didn't get any further than that. I'm not getting 5G yet but am seeing more and more 3G. Your response is much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Also thanks for that thread!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    I ended up not opening it. When they scanned the IMEI from the back of the box it basically didn't get any further than that. I'm not getting 5G yet but am seeing more and more 3G. Your response is much appreciated!
    Ah, that’s what I was concerned about. You have two options: “Migrate to Magenta” completely to T-Mobile to use the Nord you bought (losing Kickstart and getting a new plan but will not have to deal with Sprint billing again) or return the device to Best Buy and buy direct from T-Mobile or Sprint (online or retail) for the correct model that will work on Sprint (and eventually TNX).