Thread: LG K31 Rebel No Carousel effect?

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG K31 Rebel No Carousel effect?

Did LG do away with the carousel effect when moving from screen to screen?
    Last edited by vljenewein; 02-08-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG Rebel 4(current house phone) -> LG Premier Pro Plus(my pack along)

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Concerning the LG K31 Rebel, it says you can put up to a 32 Gb micro SD card in it, but I managed to put a 64GB micro SD card in it (phone first found it to be corrupted) Formatted it and it recognizes it as 64 GB. Do any of you foresee an issues with that? I copied all the files from the old 32GB card onto my computer in a folder, Ejected the SD card from the LG K31 and then copied all the files over from the SD card folder from my laptop back onto the 64GB micro SD card, put it back in the K31 Rebel and all the pictures etc all come up fine with the installed "GALLERY" app. Just wanted to share that, and see if anyone else found that out as well.
    RECAP: LG K31 Rebel specs say up to 32GB, but am using a 64GB card.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Concerning the LG K31 Rebel, it says you can put up to a 32 Gb micro SD card in it, but I managed to put a 64GB micro SD card in it (phone first found it to be corrupted) Formatted it and it recognizes it as 64 GB. Do any of you foresee an issues with that?
    Without getting into the technical nitty gritties...it can work but might have some issues.

Some technical stuff...The 64GB card probably was formatted at the factory using exFAT file system. The K31 probably expects a card formatted using FAT32 file system. So at first it saw the card as corrupted because it couldn't read the exFAT directory. When you reformatted the card by the phone to the FAT32 file system, then it can read the card. One of the drawbacks of FAT32 is that it cannot store a file bigger than 4GB. You can read more about that HERE . The 4GB file-size limit is not a problem unless you record lengthy video files in hi-res.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    THANKS @hpham I kind of figured the exFAT32 was the issue as the SD card adapter, put into my laptop saw it as ExFAT and when I formatted it IN the phone it changed it to FAT32. and yep, well aware of the limitation of 4GB on FAT32. Where as NTFS has the ability to have one huge file, if needed. Most of my videos are short duration I have done. I believe the FAT32 file system is confined to Android phones.
    I just was not sure if the 64GB would cause issues since it is larger than what the phone says it's capable of... or perhaps not with Android 10...

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I stumbled across this in a search at another web site. : " LG K31 Internal and External Memory (RAM and ROM)

The LG K31 also comes with a 2 GB of RAM, an Internal Memory (ROM) of 32 GB .
    The storage space can be expanded via the micro-SD slot (Maximum allowable of 128 GB), uses dedicated SIM slot."

Although TracFone web site says 32GB max, it appears that it might even go past 64 GB all the way up to 128 GB. I cah post link if interested.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    @hpmam can one use NTFS formatted SD Cards in Android phones? That would eliminate any drawback to the FAT32 file system 's file size.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    @hpham can one use NTFS formatted SD Cards in Android phones?
    I didn't do an exhaustive research, but a quick Google Search of "can android phones read ntfs" seemed to turn up negative answers. There are some threads talking about using specialized software or rooting the phone, but I didn't dig into them.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Still wondering why LG does not have a choice of screen swipes on the K31 Rebel like they did on the LG 212VL Rebel 4 that my wife has. Would be nice.