Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATT mobile hotspot plan for iPad?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

ATT mobile hotspot plan for iPad?

Hey folks --

I've seen some talk about a standalone plan for iPad, but can't seem to track down any of the details in searching.

I've been using the $10/5GB t-mobile plan on my ipad to hotspot as needed (which is fantastic), but it doesn't auto-renew when the plan expires, and t-mobile doesn't have the best coverage.

I'm trying to figure out if this mythical unlimited iPad plan would support hotspotting, and if so how I can sign up.

Any tips or suggestions? Alternatively, is there another plan (pre or post- paid) that I should be looking at instead?

Much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    It is a business plan. If you have an EIN and an iPad serial number, shoot me a message and I can connect you with my sales rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skisteven1 View Post
    Hey folks --

I've seen some talk about a standalone plan for iPad, but can't seem to track down any of the details in searching.

I've been using the $10/5GB t-mobile plan on my ipad to hotspot as needed (which is fantastic), but it doesn't auto-renew when the plan expires, and t-mobile doesn't have the best coverage.

I'm trying to figure out if this mythical unlimited iPad plan would support hotspotting, and if so how I can sign up.

Any tips or suggestions? Alternatively, is there another plan (pre or post- paid) that I should be looking at instead?

Much appreciated!
    It is the postpaid stand alone tablet plan you want. It is only available in stores and by phone, not online. The postpaid stand alone tablet plan is the only one that has hotspot from the tablet (unlimited). The phone numbers I have seen for it are 855-593-1430 or 800-288-2020. I have not personally tried it.

It is commonly called an iPad plan, but Android tablets work too.

The plan must be used in a tablet. Yes they can tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skisteven1 View Post
    Hey folks -- I've seen some talk about a standalone plan for iPad, but can't seem to track down any of the details in searching. I've been using the $10/5GB t-mobile plan on my ipad to hotspot as needed (which is fantastic), but it doesn't auto-renew when the plan expires, and t-mobile doesn't have the best coverage. I'm trying to figure out if this mythical unlimited iPad plan would support hotspotting, and if so how I can sign up. Any tips or suggestions? Alternatively, is there another plan (pre or post- paid) that I should be looking at instead? Much appreciated!
    is this what you want ?? - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ited-iPad-plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That $29.99 plan (which was later $34.99) plan didn't support hotspot, and isn't available anymore.

This is the "standalone" plan, not the add-on plan. The representative at the local ATT corporate store knew exactly what I was talking about. It was on the first page of the available plans on her tablet used to select plans. They took my info to run a credit report (I think they do soft inquiries now).

I had kept on putting off trying to get it since many reps tell you it isn't available. I got it on Dec 31st last year. I took my cellular iPad with me to the store.

The CSS (estimated) charges are scary. It showed $67 with taxes, fees, and activation charges, but was only $56 for the first bill, then $23.49/month after that. I've briefly tested the hotspot.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. No plans to upgrade plan to 5G.

Feedback Score
    Is this still active because the store said they put me on the right plan but calling att they're saying I don't have unlimited hotspot. Thanks

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdwinDawn View Post
    Is this still active because the store said they put me on the right plan but calling att they're saying I don't have unlimited hotspot. Thanks

I don't recall seeing anywhere officially that the $20 plan is "unlimited" hotspot, but that is what some people have reported. My first month with the plan I only used 1GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I don't recall seeing anywhere officially that the $20 plan is "unlimited" hotspot, but that is what some people have reported. My first month with the plan I only used 1GB.
    One rep told me I had no hotspot. So I'm being lied to all.around. but I did see info that the current standalone plan has unlimited hotspot while the current add on doesn't

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I should take my iPad to the AT&T store today and see if they can set up the $20 iPad plan to test it. I currently have a $35 grandfathered prepaid iPad plan, but sometimes have to move the sim to a Nighthawk for 1-2 days at a time...
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9”
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The plan I have for my iPads is called “Access for iPad 4G LTE*” for $20 plus $3.49 for bogus fees. I believe this plan only allows you 10 GB of hotspot use.

* One of my lines I just added is called “Unlimited for Tablet”. CS said this is the same price as the other plan, but haven’t got my latest bill yet, with this plan on it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    The plan I have for my iPads is called “Access for iPad 4G LTE*” for $20 plus $3.49 for bogus fees. I believe this plan only allows you 10 GB of hotspot use.

* One of my lines I just added is called “Unlimited for Tablet”. CS said this is the same price as the other plan, but haven’t got my latest bill yet, with this plan on it.
    My T-Mobile line has "Unlimited Stateside Tethering" which is what I usually use, but if others are with me I like to use the Nighthawk since hotel wifi is so hit or miss, and the hotspot is usually only used for 2-5GB/mo anyway when it does get used, the rest is on the iPad itself.. so i'll go check it out and see.

Because I know at some point AT&T will likely kill my plan for even moving the sim for 2-5GB at a time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdwinDawn View Post
    I've just seen anecdotal reports that they have changed the plan to only 10 GB of hotspot recently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I've just seen anecdotal reports that they have changed the plan to only 10 GB of hotspot recently.
    I guess I'll use my jailbreak to my advantage then

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post

There is some postings on reddit today that possibly plans opened after Feb 5th or 6th show a 10GB limit on the usage page. Older plans don't show this (mine dates from Dec 31). So was the previous one "unlimited hotspot" or just unenforced? I've used almost 1gb over the last 10 days, usage bumping up now that I'm heading into the office more often.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    There is some postings on reddit today that possibly plans opened after Feb 5th or 6th show a 10GB limit on the usage page. Older plans don't show this (mine dates from Dec 31). So was the previous one "unlimited hotspot" or just unenforced? I've used almost 1gb over the last 10 days, usage bumping up now that I'm heading into the office more often.
    It was unlimited BUT one of the current standalone plan is also suppose to be unlimited as opposed to the add on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast