Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QVC Tracfone

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question QVC Tracfone

I started a thread a couple of days ago about CDMA/GSM. Well, after reading posts here on the forum I decided to stay with Verizon. They have very good coverage here. I found a phone I like and ordered it last night. It's a CDMA (Verizon) phone with 1500 minutes and another year of coverage. I'm hoping I can transfer my number and saved minutes to this new Moto and still get the free 1500 minutes and year of coverage. What is the best way to accomplish this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-Motorol...7.html?sc=SRCH

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    I started a thread a couple of days ago about CDMA/GSM. Well, after reading posts here on the forum I decided to stay with Verizon. They have very good coverage here. I found a phone I like and ordered it last night. It's a CDMA (Verizon) phone with 1500 minutes and another year of coverage. I'm hoping I can transfer my number and saved minutes to this new Moto and still get the free 1500 minutes and year of coverage. What is the best way to accomplish this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Use chat. Ask them to give you your current unit balances and service end date. Then ask them to activate the new phone/SIM with a transfer from the existing phone. You can transfer the number too. This has been working very well for several years now.

Make sure you say transfer, not combine.

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Make sure you say transfer, not combine.
    What do you mean by combine?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasHam View Post
    What do you mean by combine?
    Combine the airtime of two ACTIVE Tracfones onto one of the two.
    Requires a knowledgeable CSR so it doesn`t end up on the wrong phone or with the wrong phone number.

Feedback Score
    What is the best way to accomplish this? Any help is appreciated.
    Activation instructions should come with the phone which are the same as @bobdevnul said. Service transfers with the same carrier happen very fast, and might happen while still in contact with the CSR. Have a phone number ready to make a test call, which they may ask you to do. I always set up the Google account before activations, so that the Contacts download from the Google server. WiFi needed for this.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bear with me guys, I'm 72yrs old. Does "use chat" mean online, sign into my account at Tracfone and use the chat feature or actually calling on my existing TracFone? I only have one phone, my Tracfone, no other.
    I don't want to mess this up.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    . Does "use chat" mean online, sign into my account at Tracfone and use the chat feature or actually calling on my existing TracFone?.
    "Use Chat" means using the Chat feature, so you don't have to put up with a poor connection or the rep's accent, and everything is in the chat transcript which can be copied and save, in case a problem crops up later.

Device(s)
    TF iPhone SE & 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, LG Rebel 4, Fiesta 2
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bear with me guys, I'm 72yrs old. Does "use chat" mean online, sign into my account at Tracfone and use the chat feature or actually calling on my existing TracFone? I only have one phone, my Tracfone, no other.
    I don't want to mess this up.
    Use online chat here:
    https://www.tracfone.com/contactus

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  14.7 KB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When I receive my new phone in a few days, do I have to activate it right away?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No. Usually the bundled units/days are good for 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, forever (depending on which rep you asked). Be mindful of the seller's (QVC, HSN, Ebay, Amazon....) return policy though, in case the phone has a problem.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You should charge it up first. Then allowing yourself enough time, set the phone up... which requires a wi-fi connection.
    Then get used to where everything is on the phone and actually using it online as a mini wi-fi tablet before activating it.
    Become familiar with talk, text... and especially turning data on and off so you do not accidentally deplete the data bucket once activated.
    Tutorials and user manual... click on the wording user manual under the phone's picture, then click "open in new tab" then zoom to fill screen.
    https://support.tracfone.com/devicehome?device=25047

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Thanks to all who have offered advise. Once I get it connected with all the minutes I'll be okay because my current phone is a Moto G6 and Moto phones are not complicated.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

Oh, one more think please. Is the sim on the new phone going to be already installed or do I remove my sim from my old phone and insert it in the new phone? I believe the new phone is a dedicated TracFone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is the sim on the new phone going to be already installed or do I remove my sim from my old phone and insert it in the new phone? I believe the new phone is a dedicated TracFone.
    The SIM will be pre-installed in the phone. The SIM of a TF-branded phone is paired with its original phone in TF system. Don't swap that SIM into another phone, or another SIM into that phone, unless you know what you're doing and know how to fix any problems caused by doing so.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    In order to get your 1500 talk/text/mb and 1 year, you will need to use the SIM that will already be installed in the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast