Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon won't catch T-Mobile with C-band

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMac704 View Post
    T-Mobile has the worst network. Damn near all of the third party tests agree.

Verizon’s problem is congestion. This C-band should help alleviate that. Verizon has the infrastructure, better planning, incumbency, etc. They’ll be fighting it out with AT&T for the top spot. AT&T was in a better position spectrum wise and there are other opportunities coming soon which shouldn’t break the bank as much. AT&T isn’t rushing to get 5G deployed anyway because the technology isn’t optimized yet. Once it matures I think you’ll see a bigger push by AT&T.
    This is highly inaccurate. Unless you have evidence showing “most 3rd party tests” ranking T-Mobile last? You made that up to justify your own personal beliefs. It’s common online actually, people just make stuff up to justify personal biases and think others will just blindly agree.

Ahh yes, the old congestion excuse, you’d think a company as big as Verizon would of done something to try to relieve that problem years ago……..pathetic.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    May want to re read what I said. Verizon has the worst performing 4G and 5G network in the country, ookla, open signal, and any other 3rd party testing firm that tests network speed performances show this. Stop watching commercials and look at what actual results say.
    I’m not sure where you get your data from. When I go the websites you mentioned for reports I get the following.

Root metrics - National level
    1. Verizon
    2. AT&T
    3. T- Mobile

Open signal user experience
    Verizon - 2 winning categories and 2 ties
    T-Mobile - 2 winning categories and 2 ties
    AT&T - 1 winning category.

Ookla mobile network performance (the national report that populates is from 2019)
    Speed - AT&T
    Consistently- Verizon
    LTE time spent - Verizon.

Please explain how Verizon is the worst performing mobile network operator on the national level.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon won't catch T-Mobile with C-band

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I’m not sure where you get your data from. When I go the websites you mentioned for reports I get the following.

Root metrics - National level
    1. Verizon
    2. AT&T
    3. T- Mobile

Open signal user experience
    Verizon - 2 winning categories and 2 ties
    T-Mobile - 2 winning categories and 2 ties
    AT&T - 1 winning category.

Ookla mobile network performance (the national report that populates is from 2019)
    Speed - AT&T
    Consistently- Verizon
    LTE time spent - Verizon.

Please explain how Verizon is the worst performing mobile network operator on the national level.

https://www.speedtest.net/global-ind...-states#mobile

Verizon came in last in all major categories other than latency. Finished second in latency.

In the open signal tests the awards won were “video experience” and 4G availability. Came in dead last in all speeds results. I really need to explain this? Lol cmon…..these are all readily available online for anyone to see.

The only report that shows Verizon leading in any performance type testing is root, which ironically is the only test that doesn’t use consumer data. Root does have a place, and it can be considered, but, it doesn’t have the data access points that both ookla and open signal have.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    https://www.speedtest.net/global-ind...-states#mobile

Verizon came in last in all major categories other than latency. Finished second in latency.

In the open signal tests the awards won were “video experience” and 4G availability. Came in dead last in all speeds results. I really need to explain this? Lol cmon…..these are all readily available online for anyone to see.

The only report that shows Verizon leading in any performance type testing is root, which ironically is the only test that doesn’t use consumer data. Root does have a place, and it can be considered, but, it doesn’t have the data access points that both ookla and open signal have.
    Both open signal and ookla use end user device test results to compare and generate their reports. We have no idea how many tests are done by each carrier or when or where they are done. It’s just the collection of random pools of data to make charts. I’m not claiming the numbers that have are false or made up but their is no actual scientific collection of the data.

Root Metrics is a more accurate and scientific testing system because it tests all carriers in the exact same place at the exact same times.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Technically you guys are all right.

But those tests don’t tell the whole story; and some of them are literally within a point or two each other.

The truth is that all 3 major carriers work great for MOST Americans with one or more working better at the fringes.

T-Mobile works great for me and several others here. I don’t need a national test to tell me that.

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

But those tests don’t tell the whole story; and some of them are literally within a point or two each other.

The truth is that all 3 major carriers work great for MOST Americans with one or more working better at the fringes.

T-Mobile works great for me and several others here. I don’t need a national test to tell me that.

Yup. That is for sure the truth. The 3 carriers for the most part are within 1 or 2% of each other. Also those national reports are good to know on how the overall performance of the network is but honestly what network works best in your particular area is most important.

Feedback Score
    May want to re read what I said. Verizon has the worst performing 4G and 5G network in the country, ookla, open signal, and any other 3rd party testing firm that tests network speed performances show this. Stop watching commercials and look at what actual results say.
    Please respond to my original statement regarding Root Metrics testing which indicates that Verizon is the best network in the country.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Please respond to my original statement regarding Root Metrics testing which indicates that Verizon is the best network in the country.
    Doing so ignores other results which says it’s the worst performing network in the country.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Both open signal and ookla use end user device test results to compare and generate their reports. We have no idea how many tests are done by each carrier or when or where they are done. It’s just the collection of random pools of data to make charts. I’m not claiming the numbers that have are false or made up but their is no actual scientific collection of the data.

Root Metrics is a more accurate and scientific testing system because it tests all carriers in the exact same place at the exact same times.

Correct ookla and open signal use real customer data to determine their results. Root uses a set number of people in select areas across the country. How would that exactly make root more accurate?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

While I agree all 3 carriers offer a similar experience, and I’ll even agree most consumers wouldn’t notice the difference between AT&T’s top average speed of around 50 and Verizon’s bottom average of around 30, the fact that the networks are so close is pathetic to verizon. Verizon spends more than anyone on their network. Sometimes tripling what T-Mobile spent in a year on network improvements. Verizon had a giant head start on LTE (especially true with T-Mobile). The fact that the other networks are not only close to them, but have surpassed them in performance is pathetic. If I was a hardcore verizon guy, I’d be mad. I’d ask why they went so long without acquiring any meaningful spectrum assets, why they never deemed it necessary to broaden their low band holdings, knowing 5G was coming and their current low band holdings were stretched to the absolute max serving their 4G customers. I’d ask what did all those years of spending billions more than anyone else on their network really get them? The fact that Verizon, the company who makes more, and spends more on their wireless product than anyone else, is in last place in any type of national performance ranking, is pathetic.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T-, T-Mobile-, Verizon-MVNO
    Feedback Score
    When my cable company run out of bandwidth on a single line of coax, they put in a second line, to double the usable bandwidth.
    Does doubling the tower density do the same? Which one is more cost effective?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Correct ookla and open signal use real customer data to determine their results. Root uses a set number of people in select areas across the country. How would that exactly make root more accurate?
    See my post above. Root metrics does not use a "set number of users". They use their own staff with commercial devices and compare every network at the exact same time in the exact same place with the exact same device. They then use that data to create the reports. Not a pool of users.

Either way it doesn’t matter what myself or anyone else says. You will just discredit any report that doesn’t support your views and you pick the reports that support your views.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Doing so ignores other results which says it’s the worst performing network in the country.
    Well according to root metrics t-mobile is the worst performing network sooooooo.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbe View Post
    When my cable company run out of bandwidth on a single line of coax, they put in a second line, to double the usable bandwidth.
    Does doubling the tower density do the same? Which one is more cost effective?
    In a way yes, A tower can only support a set amount of users and only has so much bandwidth. Verizon is limited more than others because they have the smallest spectrum holdings (not counting c-band) By adding another tower in an area it help share the load between 2 towers instead of one. But that also can lead to interference issues so they have to be careful how the network is set up.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    See my post above. Root metrics does not use a "set number of users". They use their own staff with commercial devices and compare every network at the exact same time in the exact same place with the exact same device. They then use that data to create the reports. Not a pool of users.

Either way it doesn’t matter what myself or anyone else says. You will just discredit any report that doesn’t support your views and you pick the reports that support your views.
    Correct they use their own staff, or, a set number of users. Are you claiming their staff is in the millions? Because that’s ooklas data points, millions of users. Root uses a set number of users in set locations, so I’ll ask again, why would that make it more accurate than millions of consumer data?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast