Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion of US Mobile Wanted

Feedback Score

Your Opinion of US Mobile Wanted

Does anyone use US Mobile, and specifically their Super LTE network? Just wondering what you think of their service if you have any advice to share? I have used Page Plus and Red Pocket in the past, so those are my points of reference when it comes to prepaid service.

I am considering moving four lines to a US Mobile family plan. It looks like the pricing for the four lines would be $110 for data speeds up to 5 Mbps or $115 for data speeds of up to 200 Mbps Those prices are before fees and taxes.

Thanks for any info on this.

Feedback Score
    If you get a plan that isn't unlimited data, the speeds are not capped. For the "unlimited data" plans it is my understanding you can remove that 5Mbps throttle for $5 extra. However I don't see mention of that 5Gbps cap on their website anymore, so it might not be the case and everything might be un-throttled now.

there is also a $2 per line fee, plus taxes. They don't tell you what the taxes are beforehand because those vary depending on where you live. I don't have an unlimited plan with them, but the $15/mo plan is closer to $19.12 with tax and the $2 line fee.

The unlimited data plans have extra "perks" like free netflix, hbo max, theres about a dozen different choices. From my understanding it is just in the form of a bill credit, and you have to submit proof you are actually using the service to get the credit.

The OLAM is very nice, you can see usage for each line per day/week/month for talk/text/data, much nicer than red pocket.

They just announced some new, revamped offerings. 5G is included, wi-fi calling (only if you get a tmobile sim) - I can't post it here, but at the bottom of that page I linked they have a promo code for you to try their service free for 60 days

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that's really helpful. I figure at the most, the four-line family plan at 5 Mbps will cost approximately $138 once the taxes and fees are added. The credit for the "perks" included with the family plan offers value, just have to figure out if it would be worth it for us. A couple of us are not heavy data users, so a combination of individual lines with 5 to 12 GB of data would run approximately $98.

Page Plus and Red Pocket have been problem-free for me. I am just looking for the best value and fit for our phone usage.

This guy did a nice job of reviewing US Mobile.
    -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc27 View Post
    Does anyone use US Mobile, and specifically their Super LTE network? Just wondering what you think of their service if you have any advice to share? I have used Page Plus and Red Pocket in the past, so those are my points of reference when it comes to prepaid service.

I am considering moving four lines to a US Mobile family plan. It looks like the pricing for the four lines would be $110 for data speeds up to 5 Mbps or $115 for data speeds of up to 200 Mbps Those prices are before fees and taxes.

Thanks for any info on this.
    The taxes and fees for the lower-priced plans are very significant.

Feedback Score
    Great thread. I was looking at US Mobile some years ago for family members, but we ended up using Mint in two cases. US Mobile has come a long way. It's incredible they offer inexpensive/free international high speed data roaming. Could be a viable alternative now to postpaid when traveling and roaming data is important.

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Taxes and fees depend on the state where you live. I pay 10% of the subscription I have with US Mobile - that is the state sales tax. That's it! So YMMV. I happen to like customizing my plan for what I will use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepaidforever View Post
    Great thread. I was looking at US Mobile some years ago for family members, but we ended up using Mint in two cases. US Mobile has come a long way. It's incredible they offer inexpensive/free international high speed data roaming. Could be a viable alternative now to postpaid when traveling and roaming data is important.
    They provide it through esim though, so not viable for many people with older phones or disabled esim. I think its through Truphone. Its nice if you have a compatible device though.

Feedback Score
    Good choice for customers who make low usage, but always understand no matter the plan you pick, $2 fee is always ADDED. Per month!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
    Taxes and fees depend on the state where you live. I pay 10% of the subscription I have with US Mobile - that is the state sales tax. That's it! So YMMV. I happen to like customizing my plan for what I will use.
    How are you not paying the $2 fee that US Mobile adds to all plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    He was most likely talking about the taxes and regulatory fees, which might be the values which may vary.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I looked hard at US-Mobile as well. It’s good that someone includes an allotment of high speed global data, however it’s yet to be seen how well it will work. There is no voice service on eSIM data. And with Truphone - nobody knows if and when it will be there. Also, Canada has only 5GB of free roaming data, and Mexico has 1GB, while major carriers flagship offerings all have higher allotments in North American roaming.

And if traveling - does US Mobile have WiFi calling on Verizon network yet?

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I am paying the $2 fee, and the state sales tax is added to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anrec View Post
    Yeah I looked hard at US-Mobile as well. It’s good that someone includes an allotment of high speed global data, however it’s yet to be seen how well it will work. There is no voice service on eSIM data. And with Truphone - nobody knows if and when it will be there. Also, Canada has only 5GB of free roaming data, and Mexico has 1GB, while major carriers flagship offerings all have higher allotments in North American roaming.

And if traveling - does US Mobile have WiFi calling on Verizon network yet?
    As of last month, no wi-fi calling with verizon, and they just added wi-fi calling to their T-mobile plans.
    The CEO just had a live stream talking about and giving insight into the company and how they approach things. Some points mentioned are launching of data only plans, looking to be a postpaid carrier, will include taxes and fees (but not this year). There is mention of (sometime this year) pooled data plans, which is very interesting to me. The only other company I can think of that offers pooled data between all users is total wireless. I always liked that concept, and glad another company is going to offer something like it. ps. I got all this information from their reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/US_Mobile/

Feedback Score
    I was on Page Plus until about four years ago when I switched to Sprint. I loved Page Plus and regret switching to Sprint. Fast forward to a few days ago and I switched from Sprint to U.S. Mobile’s Super LTE.

I haven’t had an opportunity to do much traveling lately but my initial impression is that coverage appears to be very good. I did experience something a few days ago that I think may have been related to data prioritization and I will be keeping a close eye on that in the future. The short version is I was in a congested area where I know coverage was good. I couldn’t get a certain app to work correctly so I ran a speed test. The results showed speeds that were so slow they were basically unusable. Perhaps this was a fluke but it’s something I will be keeping an eye on. Data speeds in other areas have been very good (in comparison to Sprint).

As mentioned earlier I used Page Plus for years with excellent results. I then switched to Sprint for personal reasons that aren’t relevant to this thread and I hated the service. I am currently in the process of shopping for the best plan and coverage. I tried the free trial on Mint mobile for a week but the coverage in my area was very hit or miss. I am now trying U.S. Mobile Super LTE (Verizon). If I experience more data prioritization issues I may try Spectrum Mobile (also Verizon). I have heard conflicting reports about this but some have said Spectrum Mobile doesn’t have as many data prioritization issues as other MVNO’s.

I would love to hear from people who have had experience with these providers.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    It's incredible they offer inexpensive/free international high speed data roaming. Could be a viable alternative now to postpaid when traveling and roaming data is important.
    that international roaming thing I find a bit confusing when going to their site. because some countries are on their allotment lists AND also have pricing for 1GB and 5GB options. I'm wondering if that is after one has used up the "free" allotment?

https://www.usmobile.com/internation...ng-phone-plans

I have a Google Fi SIM for travel but this might be worth switching to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast