Thread: Att tablet plan, canít connect with hotspot

Device(s)
    6340i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Att tablet plan, canít connect with hotspot

I have an att tablet plan and when putting the sim into a hotspot it wonít connect. Iíve tried 3 different hotspots. Each time I am not able to press ďconnectĒ. It says itís disconnected but the ďconnectĒ button doesnít do anything when I press it. Iíve tried multiple browsers and laptops/PCs and my iPhone. Anyone else seen this problem? Thanks

Feedback Score

AT&T Tablet Plan, Canít Connect With Hotspot

Which hotspot are you using?

Device(s)
    6340i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Which hotspot are you using?
    Netgear aircard 770s and att homebase. I canít find the make/model of the third one I tried.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that the billing system prevents you from using the SIM in another device currently. Wasn't always this way, but they can restrict use of your assigned phone #/SIM card in ineligible devices, hence the plan name "Att tablet plan" and not "Att Hotspot plan". Yes, they are similar, but not the same thing.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by troydogz View Post
    Netgear aircard 770s and att homebase. I can’t find the make/model of the third one I tried.
    Keep in mind that the homebase uses the nxtgenphone APN by default and you'd need to change it to broadband (it's weird in that way, but was mostly sold as a home phone replacement that also could include data). In general though, not sure why it wouldn't work with the others unless they're preventing SIM/device swaps on that plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Keep in mind that the homebase uses the nxtgenphone APN by default and you'd need to change it to broadband (it's weird in that way, but was mostly sold as a home phone replacement that also could include data). In general though, not sure why it wouldn't work with the others unless they're preventing SIM/device swaps on that plan.
    Are any of the hotspots or pucks hackable to pretend to use the IMEI of a tablet? or another way to get around the restriction?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skisteven1 View Post
    Are any of the hotspots or pucks hackable to pretend to use the IMEI of a tablet? or another way to get around the restriction?
    No idea about IMEI spoofing, usually in the past if one device used the "broadband" APN, it would work in another (i.e. iPad plan in a hotspot). If you were to put that SIM in a phone, it wouldn't work unless you manually set the APN to "broadband." Obviously with AT&T cracking down on the wrong plans in various devices, none of that may matter now.