Thread: Successfully combined "benefits" to one phone then purchased unlimited service for the other

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a, Samsung A10e (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Successfully combined "benefits" to one phone then purchased unlimited service for the other

I thought I'd take a few minutes an report a favorable experience I had with Tracfone this morning. I spoke with about 6 customer service agents before I found one who said she could do this (which she did, successfully).

I have two Tracfones #1 and #2. Both had unused service time, phone minutes, texts and data, all of which she called "benefits". I told her I wanted to keep both phone numbers. She was able to transfer all of my benefits from phone #1 to phone #2. The totals added up perfectly to phone #2. I then purchased the new $199 per year plan with unlimited phone minutes and texts and 12gb of data for phone #1. All of this with keeping both phone numbers and the totals matching perfectly on phone #2.

I was so happy that I asked if I could get her phone extension for future reference and to pass on to others. As we know, agents can't be reached individually, but I did want to share this great Tracfone experience.

The advice given in this forum to keep searching for a competent agent sure worked for me! $199 for one year unlimited (but 12gb of data) works for me, plus I have a backup phone (#2) to keep for $50/year (cost of an additional year of service)

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    That's an interesting transaction. I've combined balances of two active phones many times, but never wanted to keep both phone numbers.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    ...I asked if I could get her phone extension for future reference and to pass on to others.
    LOL yeah, as if that would ever happen. Even if they could give out their direct extension, they'd be crazy to do so. Why would any sane CSR want a ton of fussy people calling them direct to do unorthodox stuff with their accounts? Most of the crap we talk about on this forum is beyond the scope of the average transaction that 99% of users are doing, that's why many of the CSR's are unfamiliar with certain procedures like combine/merge or harvesting service from preloaded SIM's to an existing phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    LOL yeah, as if that would ever happen. Even if they could give out their direct extension, they'd be crazy to do so. Why would any sane CSR want a ton of fussy people calling them direct to do unorthodox stuff with their accounts? Most of the crap we talk about on this forum is beyond the scope of the average transaction that 99% of users are doing, that's why many of the CSR's are unfamiliar with certain procedures like combine/merge or harvesting service from preloaded SIM's to an existing phone.
    I found that very interesting. Somehow, after reading HoFo, I had gotten the impression that everyone who uses Tracfone does such things. Tracfone seems very expensive if someone doesn't do stuff like that. Compared to a lot of other providers, Tracfone is much more expensive, at least in my opinion.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a, Samsung A10e (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For some people, Tracfone is a hobby. Others want to "game" the system or just spend an inordinate amount of time to get the best possible deal (perhaps saving only a few dollars).

To each, his/her own. If I'm not interested in a thread, I just scroll past.

Feedback Score
    I think lately it's normal for the phone number to remain on the empty phone for a while. There are reports that sometimes the airtime reappears, like it really never left, the agent just copied it onto the receiver phone. When people went to reactivate the empty phone, the airtime reappeared. If you added an unlimited plan, the original buckets might still be visible on the account, waiting for the unlimited plan to expire.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I found that very interesting. Somehow, after reading HoFo, I had gotten the impression that everyone who uses Tracfone does such things. Tracfone seems very expensive if someone doesn't do stuff like that. Compared to a lot of other providers, Tracfone is much more expensive, at least in my opinion.
    Tracfone has 21 million subscribers...HoFo has what, maybe a few hundred individuals who have made posts asking how to combine/merge/harvest/etc. over the years? Let's say it's 1,000 unique individuals asking about this stuff, that's 0.0047% of total Tracfone users.