Thread: Port out from Freedompop

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Textnow, FP
    Feedback Score

Port out from Freedompop

I have two free Freedompop legacy lines which I want to port out, one to Tracfone and the other to Red Pocket GSMT. My friend had the same Freedompop legacy free plan and ported to Red Pocket GSMT weeks ago, but the port out was failed, finally he had to get a new number.

For me, I really want to keep those 2 numbers. Anyone has the bad experience of porting out from Freedompop ? Any ways to make it smoother ? Thanks.
    Android only

Feedback Score
    something i would suggest with any company is to ask them what is needed to port out, they may do something on there end at the time that speeds the process.

legacy freedompop numbers are classified as VOIP/landline and as such could take several days to port and may require a manual process from the receiving carrier. it may be beneficial to migrate first to the new premium service which would be cellular number on at&t network port from there. i have never attempted to port from freedompop legacy but ports from att/redpocket can go through in a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    ...it may be beneficial to migrate first to the new premium service...
    After reading the original post this was what I was going to suggest.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    I ported two legacy numbers out.

One to T-mobile. Initial port request failed but after speaking to porting department, second request was accepted and completed in 10 days.

I also ported a Canadian area code account to Speakout (Rogers). This was a nightmare and it took over a month but finally completed. It took 10 calls to CS. This was mostly because Speakout CS is useless and rude, and won't let you talk to the porting department (unlike super friendly and helpful T-mobile).

You need to contact Freedompop for your port out PIN/info.

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Textnow, FP
    Feedback Score
    I have requested one number to port in to Tracfone on Feb 16. Then I contacted Tracfone on Feb 17, and they said the port in will be on Feb 22. And Freedompop also notified me they have received request from Tracfone. Hope everything is OK.

For the one to Red Pocket GSMT, I will do it after Tracfone has finished the transfer.

Device(s)
    ZTE, Asus
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Textnow, FP
    Feedback Score
    Finally ported out to Tracfone today. Everything is smooth, just one day delayed as expected. However, the whole process took a week to finish, much longer than "standard" cell phone numbers.

One strange thing, the old one (Freedompop) can still make outgoing call and I can still use the data on that phone until now.