Thread: Verizon MVNO's that offer wifi calling.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon MVNO's that offer wifi calling.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an mvno of Verizon that offers wifi calling that I can use with my phone which is a Moto G6 Play.

The phone is capable of wifi calling and is totally unlocked.

I thought I was gonna get it with Wingalpha as they claim to offer it with their Verizon service, but as of yet they have not provided it. I have their AT&T service and it has it.

I keep trying to get help from wingalpha but I'm getting nowhere.

I told them if they can't provide wifi calling then to just cancel the line and refund my money.

Anyways, if anyone knows of an mvno who provides wifi calling with Verizon service please give me a shout.

Thanks....

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only two Verizon MVNO's that I know of that offer WiFi calling are Total Wireless & Verizon Prepaid.

https://www.totalwireless.com/wic/collectdevice

https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you.

I just conversed with Wingalpha and they assured me that wifi calling would soon be active.

We shall see, if not I will check those links, thanks again...

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    The only two Verizon MVNO's that I know of that offer WiFi calling are Total Wireless & Verizon Prepaid.

https://www.totalwireless.com/wic/collectdevice

https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/
    Total Wireless is not 100%. There is some people getting, and other people not getting.

It is just like the other Tracfone brands too. It is very hit or miss with Verizon based Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    On Tracfone brands, including Total Wireless, only iPhones get consistently provisioned for WiFi calling. And some Android phones sold in their branded boxes.
    For the unlocked phones, it's a 99% chance that they won't get WiFi calling. Their tech support is useless for this issue.

PS: The query result for the unlocked "Galaxy S21 Plus" was similar with the previous S10, S20... etc
    We're sorry. Your phone is not Wi-Fi Calling capable. If you would like to purchase a phone that is Wi-Fi Calling capable, please click the "Shop" button.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Seems like that happens a lot. Seems to be hit or miss with many carriers. Depending on if the moon and stars and planets align properly you will get wifi calling, otherwise you're out of luck.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Wingalpha doesn't provide wifi calling on their Verizon network for my phone after promising me three times that they would provide wifi calling. They also won't provide me a refund. I would think if you're not provided services promised that you should be entitled to a refund?

So if you have an unlocked Moto G6 Play and want wifi calling with Verizon, don't sign up with Wingalpha even though they claim to provide it.

Feedback Score
    Visible has Wifi calling. Visible is prepaid, but not a MVNO being owned by Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I don't the that older Moto will work with Visible.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I don't the that older Moto will work with Visible.
    That is likely correct. I forgot that the question was in relation to a Moto G6 Play.

Visible did not work on my Moto G6.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Looks like Wingalpha doesn't provide wifi calling on their Verizon network for my phone after promising me three times that they would provide wifi calling. They also won't provide me a refund. I would think if you're not provided services promised that you should be entitled to a refund?

So if you have an unlocked Moto G6 Play and want wifi calling with Verizon, don't sign up with Wingalpha even though they claim to provide it.
    As it's been pointed out. BYOD for nearly any carrier, esp those on ATT and VZW seems to be extremely hit or miss on getting "advertised features." While we may consider wifi calling a service, carriers consider it a feature - which makes it optional. ATT takes this a step farther by considering HD Voice (VoLTE) a feature, even though 3G calling is going away eventually. There's a lot of reports on these forums about ATT disabling VoLTE / wifi calling for BYOD even for their own core subscribers, much less their MVNOs.

The only surefire way of getting all advertised features is buying a device from the carrier in question, as I noticed this to also be an issue when Tello migrated my iPhone from Sprint to T-mobile. The new T-Mobile SIM didn't offer VoLTE or wifi calling, and I lost MMS due to Tello being unable to confirm proper IMS registration on iPhones that were migrated over or were BYOD. (And I bought the thing from Tello because they advertised VoLTE for it. Of course Sprint MVNOs didn't get VoLTE.)

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone.

I knew I would probably run into the issues I'm having with the Moto G6 Play but I saw that Wingalpha advertised on their site that their Verizon service offered wifi calling and there were no asterisks indicating that it was only available for certain phones.

I even went on Wingalpha's site and chatted with them about this and the phone I had. I was assured it would get wifi calling.

So, I signed up.

After two or three different times on tech support chat, explaining the phone I had and its IMEI number, I was still assured of getting wifi calling. Within the hour I was told.

Finally after all this they finally admitted that my phone didn't qualify for wifi calling.

So I asked them to cancel the account and refund my money. They told me they couldn't do that so I cancelled anyway.

It's only a lousy $20.00 bucks but it's the principle of it.

Still irks me after all the trouble I went to.

Anyways, I was just hoping I could use this older phone on Verizon with wifi calling. Sounds like that might not be possible?

Anyways, Thanks for everyone's input......

Carrier(s)
    US Mobile (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    My wife has the iPhone 6S+ with Total Wireless. Assuming I activate wifi calling on her phone, will it be simple to toggle between cellular and wifi calling? She's not particularly tech-savvy, and sometimes changing the settings confuses her.