Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Visible not receiving texts from some people

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0

    Visible not receiving texts from some people

    I just switched my son in law over to visible this week and he texted me this morning to say that he's not getting texts from some people after the switch. He was on straight talk before. I got him a new zte blade 3 I think it was, it was the free one. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    281
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Go back to Straight Talk or another prepaid service. I had the same problems and went back to Vzw prepaid after 3 weeks due to missing a LOT of texts. If he had an iPhone he might not miss as many texts due to using WiFi for iMessage, but Android depends on sending texts via SMS and to me it was not dependable.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    I just switched my son in law over to visible this week and he texted me this morning to say that he's not getting texts from some people after the switch. He was on straight talk before. I got him a new zte blade 3 I think it was, it was the free one. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    659
    Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    Go back to Straight Talk or another prepaid service. I had the same problems and went back to Vzw prepaid after 3 weeks due to missing a LOT of texts. If he had an iPhone he might not miss as many texts due to using WiFi for iMessage, but Android depends on sending texts via SMS and to me it was not dependable.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app
    Sounds like at least Visible is not using RCS, which is much more like iMessage in the way it sends and receives messages. (Only feature lacking now is end to end encryption.)

    Dunno if Verizon even uses RCS, but am aware that tmo and many of their MVNOs do. (At least can confirm on hello.)

    Though if you switched from an iPhone to Android with any carrier without turning off iMessage and facetime first, it's been known to lead to calls/txts not going through.

    Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

    Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's a good thought about Imessage but he was coming from another Android. If he had an iPhone it couldn't have been recently.

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    659
    Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    That's a good thought about Imessage but he was coming from another Android. If he had an iPhone it couldn't have been recently.

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
    Makes me wonder if he went from having RCS to not having RCS. Not sure, but its possible going from Google's servers to not having them may have the same affect.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    281
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0

    Visible not receiving texts from some people

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Makes me wonder if he went from having RCS to not having RCS. Not sure, but its possible going from Google's servers to not having them may have the same affect.
    RCS wasn’t even out yet when I tried Visible and wasn’t getting texts using my Pixel 3 XL. But I have used RCS recently and then went to an iPhone and wasn’t getting texts, so if moving from RCS make sure you’re turning that off before transferring to another phone.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,706
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Visible not receiving texts from some people

    Sometimes messages get stuck between different messaging platforms.

    Usually when sending messages between friends we simply click their name from a messaging list on our phones and reply to that messaging conversation. Normally this works just fine.

    Ask your son to send a new message to one of the friends he’s having text problems with. But this time instead of simply clicking their name from an existing conversation list tell him to MANUALLY enter their full 10 digit phone number in the recipient field. Then see if his friend replies back successfully and all should be good from here on out.

    If this works try this with any other numbers he’s having problems with.





    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I had him turn off chat (which from your suggestions and my internet research appears to be the same as turning off "rcs") and reboot the phone. After reboot he said all the missed messages came flooding in. For now it's working; let's hope it stays that way.

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    281
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0

    Visible not receiving texts from some people

    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I had him turn off chat (which from your suggestions and my internet research appears to be the same as turning off "rcs") and reboot the phone. After reboot he said all the missed messages came flooding in. For now it's working; let's hope it stays that way.

    Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
    Hope that works for them but I “fixed” it just like he did and a week later same thing happened, no texts received. And then the next week, then the 3rd week I decided to go back to Vzw prepaid, not worth the headache.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    665
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had the same issues with Visible. I gave up after 2 months.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    281
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I had the same issues ' ' with Visible. I gave up after 2 months.
    If I may ask, what phone were you using? I kind of figure that a majority of people have iPhone therefore they don’t see the problem with texts b/c they send mostly over WiFi or data to another iPhone using iMessage. At that time I wasn’t using my iPhone that much but a Pixel 3 XL, but now I’ve switched back to iPhone for now.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    659
    Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    If I may ask, what phone were you using? I kind of figure that a majority of people have iPhone therefore they don’t see the problem with texts b/c they send mostly over WiFi or data to another iPhone using iMessage. At that time I wasn’t using my iPhone that much but a Pixel 3 XL, but now I’ve switched back to iPhone for now.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    RCS on Android is the same exact setup. Just that if VZW/Visible doesn't support it, it could be spotty unless all users were using Google's servers instead.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    665
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    If I may ask, what phone were you using? I kind of figure that a majority of people have iPhone therefore they don’t see the problem with texts b/c they send mostly over WiFi or data to another iPhone using iMessage. At that time I wasn’t using my iPhone that much but a Pixel 3 XL, but now I’ve switched back to iPhone for now.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    I was using my iPhone 11 Pro Max at the time.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    281
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I was using my iPhone 11 Pro Max at the time.


    Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    Good to know that now I REALLY don’t have an urge to try Visible any time soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Similar Threads

  1. Not receiving texts from Verizon. Anyone else?
    By nok_guy in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 02:00 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 09:22 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
  4. Not receiving texts from Google Voice...
    By Haulero in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
  5. VM not receiving text from ATT?
    By aznnerdwannabe in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Bookmarks