Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tello Experience

Feedback Score

Tello Experience

What has your experience with Tello been in terms of service quality and customer support?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman View Post
    What has your experience with Tello been in terms of service quality and customer support?
    Excellent and excellent.

Their drawback was that they ran on the Sprint network that was unacceptably weak in many areas. They are now making the transition to the T-Mobile network. T-Mo is ok in a lot of areas. They can also be very bad in some areas where Verizon and AT&T are good.

Make sure T-Mobile is good for you if you want to use them.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 Tello lines in the family. I have had my line over a year. Occasional missed calls, probably due to out of range of Sprint tower.
    My son's line worked fine until 3 weeks ago when the Sprint tower hear him shut down 3G. Was able to text & data but no voice. Tello has sent new SIM, I have a T-mo phone ready to go.
    For the price Tello is hard to beat. If using a credit card, don't have to worry about refilling.

Feedback Score
    We've had at least one Tello line for about 3 years. The customer service is excellent, with perhaps only Ting having better MVNO customer service. They don't play games with pricing, and our cost has gone down and allotments gone up several times, as existing customers. Tello has also been consistently near the bottom of the cost scale for low-to-moderate data users: when you find a cheaper provider by a few dollars, ask yourself (and forum members) whether the possible pain of the cheaper MVNO is worth the few dollars cost difference.

There have been some bugs with the GSM/T-Mobile conversion, but it seems like that's improved. Quality of the actual phone/data service will be as good, or as bad, as other MVNO T-Mobile suppliers in your area.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    The quality of service has been good with them as a Sprint carrier in my area (Sprint is strong where I live). I have no idea how well it will work with T-Mobile — not looking forward to changing. May go a different direction — I might move the phone to Twigby (with its Sprint service and Verizon voice roaming), or I might just drop this phone altogether and get a better plan at Twigby for the Blackberry Q10 (as long as it will last). I mostly used the phone on Tello for my "home phone." $10.07 (includes 7 cents for taxes and fees) per month for a 1 GB of data and unlimited talk and text was a good deal. But the Twigby phone is the one I carry.
    Blackberry Q10 on TwigbyNokia 6300 4G on Tello & H2O

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Of the year I spent with Tello, was worth every penny. The service worked for the most part, and csrs really care about customers. I had a few small issues that was beyond their control and after i was one of the few to have issues during migration to T-mobile, it was time I joined my husband on Hello mobile.

Main reason for the switch, $4 less a month and i got upgraded to unlimited everything. That and a new, non-refurbished phone. Which was my only point of contention for Tello. The reconditioned devices they sell dont seem to last long, at least not for me.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score

Tello Experience

Does Tello allow wifi calling or wifi texting?

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Does Tello allow wifi calling or wifi texting?
    I can't find anything about WiFi texting but they do offer WiFi calling (but it looks like only on Android phones?). (I was hoping to use this feature on my "coming soon" Nokia KaiOS phone. I guess I should have read the help text first.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    We've had at least one Tello line for about 3 years. The customer service is excellent, with perhaps only Ting having better MVNO customer service. They don't play games with pricing, and our cost has gone down and allotments gone up several times, as existing customers. Tello has also been consistently near the bottom of the cost scale for low-to-moderate data users: when you find a cheaper provider by a few dollars, ask yourself (and forum members) whether the possible pain of the cheaper MVNO is worth the few dollars cost difference.

There have been some bugs with the GSM/T-Mobile conversion, but it seems like that's improved. Quality of the actual phone/data service will be as good, or as bad, as other MVNO T-Mobile suppliers in your area.
    What are people's experience with Hello Mobile?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but there's a Hello Mobile thread a little bit down the page that you can read: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6-Hello-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but there's a Hello Mobile thread a little bit down the page that you can read: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6-Hello-Mobile
    Thanks, but that thread does not appear to have reviews of Hello Mobile.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a current Hello Mobile Customer, I intend on changing that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    As a current Hello Mobile Customer, I intend on changing that.
    Somebodies should try the service, and report on it somewhere - maybe on here or as some YouTube videos.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Somebodies should try the service, and report on it somewhere - maybe on here or as some YouTube videos.
    I'm still waiting for at least month two to actually review the service from how well it has worked for me.

As for my husband, no complaints

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    There are a number of discussions about Hello Mobile on Reddit, and I have some friends using Hello Mobile.
    In general terms: If you need real customer service, there's a good chance you'll be unhappy with the experience.

The quality of the phone service itself seems just fine if you don't have problems-- which is exactly what should happen with any MVNO running on the same network carrier.

The descriptions of available data on larger plans can best be described as less than transparent. A number of people would describe it in harsher terms. Among other issues, fallback 2G is sometimes reported as not working at all, with no assistance in getting it working.

The pricing is attractive, and I haven't heard any complaints about that, other than the "2nd month free" offer not being applied as anticipated. (This may only be an issue for some people, but customer service doesn't seem inclined or capable of straightening it out.)

If you're an iPhone user, Tello still seems to be going through growing pains with APN settings. I haven't seen the same complaint about Hello Mobile & iPhones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast