Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Esim plan with Verizon

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    520
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Esim plan with Verizon

    I'm wanting to know if there is any places that do esim on Verizon network? My friend phone isn't compatible with Visible any more and Verizon doesn't do esim on their prepaid lines from my knowledge... Any other place that does esim on Verizon network? If he did postpaid Verizon he'd be spending more then $70/month after tax... Any suggestions for places that support esim?

    Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    I didn't know it was possible for a phone to become incompatible for Visible after it had previously been compatible. What phone?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    520
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I didn't know it was possible for a phone to become incompatible for Visible after it had previously been compatible. What phone?
    That's what I thought but entering imei says the phone isn't compatible.... He left and when trying to come back it said it isn't compatible because it's too old in their eyes... They only want to support the 4/4a/5 but it's a Pixel 3

    Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,179
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's definitely odd.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...ng_to_visible/ and https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...-bucks-a-month show that it was compatible. Maybe they ran into issues with it?

    Here's a reported work-around, but I don't know if it's guaranteed to work:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...not_supported/
    "I have a Pixel 3 that is rejected by the IMEI checker, but works just fine when I pop in the Visible SIM."
    "If your IMEI is not working, select that you have an iPhone and it will send you a sim card without needing an IMEI. Your account won't be mapped to an iPhone or anything. I did this when I ordered a Pixel 3xl from Amazon but wanted to get service started as soon as it arrived"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    520
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's definitely odd.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...ng_to_visible/ and https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...-bucks-a-month show that it was compatible. Maybe they ran into issues with it?

    Here's a reported work-around, but I don't know if it's guaranteed to work:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...not_supported/
    "I have a Pixel 3 that is rejected by the IMEI checker, but works just fine when I pop in the Visible SIM."
    "If your IMEI is not working, select that you have an iPhone and it will send you a sim card without needing an IMEI. Your account won't be mapped to an iPhone or anything. I did this when I ordered a Pixel 3xl from Amazon but wanted to get service started as soon as it arrived"
    Ok will have a go at it... I wonder if I can do that for esim? He already uses the physical sim for a company that doesn't support esim

    Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Ok will have a go at it... I wonder if I can do that for esim? He already uses the physical sim for a company that doesn't support esim
    Visible is only activating eSIMs for new activations of iPhones so far. Last I heard anyway.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    520
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Visible is only activating eSIMs for new activations of iPhones so far. Last I heard anyway.
    Ok so no visible esim on the Pixel 3? If that's the case gonna need to get another provider that supports esim

    Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    520
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, Samsung Tab S4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Visible is only activating eSIMs for new activations of iPhones so far. Last I heard anyway.
    Ok so no visible esim on the Pixel 3? If that's the case gonna need to get another provider that supports esim on Verizon network

    Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM
  2. Question for those with Smartchoice plan with Verizon branded smartphone
    By sneakattack in forum Temporary Verizon/Alltel buyout discussion forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 10:57 AM
  3. most inexpensive plan with verizon?
    By vihuelaplayer in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:53 PM

Bookmarks