Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Truphone 2021 thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score

Truphone 2021 thread

Since no one else has, I thought I'd start the Truphone 2021 thread. Below is the last message in the 2020 thread and y reply.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by radioactive View Post

Is there no 2021 thread yet? Maybe time to start one

Today, my (US) number popped up with 60 unheard Visual Voicemail alerts. I am in Germany, and Visual Voicemail never worked for me, it always dropped me a mail.

Related: Anyone know if Truphone is eventually going to turn on VoLTE in the US or in Europe (Vodafone here in Germany).

They're going to have to here in the USA, as I'm sure that AT&T will be decommissioning the legacy voice service eventually.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    Since no one else has, I thought I'd start the Truphone 2021 thread. Below is the last message in the 2020 thread and y reply.
    Thanks for the update.

I still have mine and it works.

Tru is a very niche service that does not fit with the majority of mainstream cellphone use. I can't help but wonder how much longer it will be around in its current form. I also wondered the same thing when I started the service in 2013.

It is now the only true paygo service with no recurring cost and non-expiring balance.

Feedback Score
    Still have my Truphone account from circa 2014. The lack of phone numbers caused me to have to pick an area code based about six counties away. I decided to port over a local phone number on another line of mine this week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Still have my Truphone account from circa 2014. The lack of phone numbers caused me to have to pick an area code based about six counties away. I decided to port over a local phone number on another line of mine this week.
    Yeah, they did not have numbers in my area code. The number I chose from the limited selection is ~150 miles away. In this age of cellphones long distance calling is not an issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE2, iPhone 6, Blu V5
    Carrier(s)
    Visible (VZN), Tracfone (VZN), TruPhone (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Best thing about these threads is it reminds me to login and keep my sim active.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

iPhone SE2 on Cricket (Primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone/Mint Mobile (Backup)
    iPhone 6 on Tracfone - VZ (Backup)

Feedback Score
    In case anybody wants to find the prior "TruPhone 2020 thread", it's at:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ne-2020-thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Regarding getting a local number on Truphone when none is available...could one get a local Google Voice number and then simply port it over?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Yeah, they did not have numbers in my area code. The number I chose from the limited selection is ~150 miles away. In this age of cellphones long distance calling is not an issue.
    It's not. It's just a nit-picky annoyance to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by minij View Post
    Best thing about these threads is it reminds me to login and keep my sim active.

I got rid of my first Truphone line in 2015 and forgot I even had it until 2019 when I went to go register a new Truphone line and the website said I already had a login with my email. I ended up getting Truphone customer service to merge the balances on both of those lines together. I now have a little under $30 on my account balance. Truphone did not shut down my old line I mostly used in 2014 even after almost five years of no usage.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow. Thatís amazing. Their TOS says 90 days. Which isnít a big deal since I use it when I travel. Just with COVID I havenít been doing any travelling. Glad to know I donít have to worry as much about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    Regarding getting a local number on Truphone when none is available...could one get a local Google Voice number and then simply port it over?
    Yes, that's actually exactly what I'm doing. Just bear in mind that takes a week if you decide to port over from Google Voice.

Sent from my LM-K920 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Wow. Thatís amazing. Their TOS says 90 days. Which isnít a big deal since I use it when I travel. Just with COVID I havenít been doing any travelling. Glad to know I donít have to worry as much about it.

Traveling internationally is the main reason I've used Truphone. I used it in Europe and East Asia in 2014 to call back to the USA a couple times. I was just surprised that they never actually disconnected my line after so many years of not being used.

Sent from my LM-K920 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I don't think that's right. It's been an unenforced 180 days since I stated using Truphone in 2015. Actually, it still is.

https://www.truphone.com/us/legal/tr...nd-conditions/
    7.10 If your account remains inactive for 180 days you will be taken by us to have terminated your account and no longer wish to receive services from us. Your number will be re-used and you will not receive any return of unused credit. The SIM card will be switched off automatically and you will receive no notice of this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thatís interesting. I started using it in 2013, maybe they increased the days. It was never enforced. But I tried to not give them a reason to end it either. I have over $20 left from the $30 I started with, so I canít say Iím disappointed with it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast