Thread: How to Easily Find Cell Sites

Feedback Score

How to Easily Find Cell Sites

They key word here is “easily”. How can I find the exact location cell sites in my hometown that are deployed normally on that are hidden within building, church steeples, etc?

Is there an easy way to accomplish this task for each major cellular provider. I am not Sherlock Holmes and don’t want to make a career out of this. I just need a method to easily find all cell sites in my city and identify the carrier for each cell site.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I use Network Cell Info Lite, go to "map" and it seems to have locations for most sites, at least for Verizon. I haven't tried forcing my phone to other carriers to see what it shows.

Otherwise, cellmapper.net has this info, you can pick the cell co off the dropdown on the left, zoom out, find your area and zoom in. In my area (eastern Iowa), the coverage map itself is almost useless, since people who have run this app have only driven on a handful of highways; but it does show the locations of the cell sites (whether it's measured or estimated, I'm not sure, but it seems reasonably accurate.) Note, on firefox at least, if the map shows all blue, zoom out a lot, on mine it always starts with an extreme closeup of off the coast of Africa (like 0 longitude and 0 latitude). That said, checking Iowa City out, most of the microcells don't show up, there's no data for almost the entire area of town the microcells cover. Still, it's worth a look, it might quickly and easily tell you right where things are in your town.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I use Network Cell Info Lite, go to "map" and it seems to have locations for most sites, at least for Verizon. I haven't tried forcing my phone to other carriers to see what it shows.

Otherwise, cellmapper.net has this info, you can pick the cell co off the dropdown on the left, zoom out, find your area and zoom in. In my area (eastern Iowa), the coverage map itself is almost useless, since people who have run this app have only driven on a handful of highways; but it does show the locations of the cell sites (whether it's measured or estimated, I'm not sure, but it seems reasonably accurate.) Note, on firefox at least, if the map shows all blue, zoom out a lot, on mine it always starts with an extreme closeup of off the coast of Africa (like 0 longitude and 0 latitude). That said, checking Iowa City out, most of the microcells don't show up, there's no data for almost the entire area of town the microcells cover. Still, it's worth a look, it might quickly and easily tell you right where things are in your town.
    Cell info lite seems to be way off though. I've gone to locations it says a cell site is and not even find a microcell.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Nobody said anything about an internet search for this question yet, and I do not know how useful or reliable are these but:

https://www.signalboosters.com/blog/...omplete-guide/
    https://www.ubersignal.com/blog/cell-tower-locations/
    http://www.cellreception.com/towers/

Feedback Score
    I use antennasearch.com. Sometimes it doesn’t show which cell provider is on the tower but at least it’s pretty accurate on location of where the actual tower is.