Thread: My Career outgoing call going via GV and not able complete ?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score

Question My Career outgoing call going via GV and not able complete ?

My Career outgoing call going via GV and not able complete ?
    =============================================

Thanks for weighing in for my threads.

I am using GV to make WiFi based call for awhile.

I have xxx-xxx-yyyy for GV with linked my career number PPP-PPP-UUUU

I am able to make incoming/outgoing call with WiFi ON via GV. It is working as desired.

I was able to make outgoing career line call awhile ago , when I turned mobile data ON and WiFi OFF in my LG tribute HD phone with sprint mvno network. It worked.

In recent time, for outgoing calls it popped up window, asked whether to go thru via GV or career number, when I make call with Mobile Data ON , WiFi OFF. I picked career number, it went thru. If I pick GV, it said "Unable to complete this call, try later"

Today, when I make outgoing call with Mobile Data ON , WiFi OFF, it goes to GV and it says "Unable to complete this call, try later". It is not giving an option to direct the outgoing call to career network.

I am able to send text via career line. It goes OK.

I did mobile network reset, this issue remains.

I am getting "MIP:67 Dismiss" as well

I did not see any settings in GV for adjustment.

What is causing these issues?

Is this on GV side or career side ?

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks for your guidance.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn sprint to hell!

Do you have working carrier data? It's been a decade since I left sprint but iirc error 67 is some kind of authentication error with sprint. Are you able to browse using mobile data?

If you want to make standard carrier voice calls using gv #, you need to change the setting in gv NOT to use data for calls. BUT, you still need working data to set up the call.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Damn sprint to hell!

Do you have working carrier data? It's been a decade since I left sprint but iirc error 67 is some kind of authentication error with sprint. Are you able to browse using mobile data?

If you want to make standard carrier voice calls using gv #, you need to change the setting in gv NOT to use data for calls. BUT, you still need working data to set up the call.

Thanks for weighing in.

Are you able to browse using mobile data? I did not try that. I use wifi for all browsing. My plan with Tello is limited minutes + unlimited text for sprint CDMA device.

How do I make setting changes in GV#, for NOT to use data for calls?

What are the other sprint MVNO plans , I could use for limited minutes usage ?

Feedback Score
    If you don't let the GV app use data for calls, it will use your "limited minutes", even if WiFi is available.

If letting the GV app use your "limited minutes" is okay, you STILL need some kind of active data to initiate a call from your GV #.

Feedback Score
    RIMDHoward, did you make any progress?

Does mobile data work for getting to websites? In other words, does mobile data work with WiFi off?

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for asking.

My Tello plan is call + text only. No data.

When I turn off mobile data & WiFI OFF, I am able to make call using career minutes.

When I turn ON WIFI, I am able to make GV call.

As I do not have data, I am not able to surf web with WiFi OFF.

Let me know the following correct:

1) WiFI OFF, Data OFF ==> call use career minutes to make call & GV calls will not go thru
    2) WIFI ON , Data OFF ==> GV call will go thru & it will not use career minutes
    3) WIFI OFF Data ON ===> GV call will go thru & it will use career data

Any other rules ?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1) Calls will not go through using google voice
    2) If gv is set to use data for calls then no carrier minutes are used. If not set to use data for calls then carrier minutes are used
    3) Same as #2 except mobile data transport will be used instead of wifi.

There's also option #4

If your gv is your primary #, you can call it using carrier minutes. Listen to the IVR, then select (I think) option 2 to place an outbound call. Recipient's CID will indicate your gv number.

Feedback Score
    RIMDHoward, your items 1 - 3 are correct.

Item 4 added by GPz1100 is also correct. That's actually how I used my primary GV # for several years, except I used an app called Prefixer that automated the process. I don't think Prefixer is available from the Play Store anymore, but it's still around on the web if you want to look for it.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I still use Prefixer, thanks to Boz1, who turned me on to it many years ago. And my aim with Google Voice is still primarily to maintain an independent phone number identity (independent of carriers/cell phones), not to make free VoIP calls through the app. I mean, that's nice and all, but neither GV nor Hangouts has ever performed well enough in that capacity for me to routinely use. Otherwise, it's working great for me.

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks . I signed up for RedPocket (200 Talk 1000 Text 200MB is each month not for the year.) plan. I was able to port my number from Tello to RedPocket. It took 2 days.

I am able to surf, with data ON and WiFi ON with this plan.