Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mobile New Truly Unlimited Plan - Magenta MAX

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepaidforever View Post
    Well, if streaming in HD is such a pain, downloading content before watching via 5G should be feasible. Also, hot spotting is usually throttled a bit despite high speed data allotment?
    The thing is, "downloading" is also throttled to 6.6Mbps even on 5G.. but conveniently T-Mobile does not throttle the video test within the speedtest.net app

The Speedtest app will report you're good for 4K, and show 400+Mbps, but then go to fast.com... 6.6Mbps hard throttle, and the same throttle applies to other streaming services (YouTube, HBO, Netflix, Hulu, etc)

Also, the places i'm using hotspot are easily 200+Mbps, so the actual throughput whilst on hotspot is not the problem, it's a deliberate choice on T-Mobile's part to throttle. Oddly enough the "Home 5G" device I have here to test does not throttle media at all.. So I know they have the capability to set it correctly.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    The thing is, "downloading" is also throttled to 6.6Mbps even on 5G.. but conveniently T-Mobile does not throttle the video test within the speedtest.net app

The Speedtest app will report you're good for 4K, and show 400+Mbps, but then go to fast.com... 6.6Mbps hard throttle, and the same throttle applies to other streaming services (YouTube, HBO, Netflix, Hulu, etc)

Also, the places i'm using hotspot are easily 200+Mbps, so the actual throughput whilst on hotspot is not the problem, it's a deliberate choice on T-Mobile's part to throttle. Oddly enough the "Home 5G" device I have here to test does not throttle media at all.. So I know they have the capability to set it correctly.
    You do realize the new plan is much higher than 6.6 Mbps. Not sure how many times that has to be said

Feedback Score
    So, there is a market for Magenta Max after all.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You do realize the new plan is much higher than 6.6 Mbps. Not sure how many times that has to be said
    You do realize that's not my issue, correct? Read my original post again.. and you will then see what my issue is.

I'd be more than happy to swap to "Max" but my hotspot/global add on is suddenly being "sunset" for the Max plan... so i'd have to lose over half of my current plan to pay essentially the "same" amount for "less" services.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max / iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I can't see why T-Mobile would want to offer Essentials, Magenta, and Magenta Plus when Magenta MAX is superior for less than what's currently being offered, unless Magenta MAX is a limited time offer. You would have to get Magenta Plus if you wanted Unlimited Gogo in-flight texting and Wi-Fi all flight long and free texting and data in 210 countries and destinations, and even then, you would only get HD streaming.

Feedback Score
    Wow who even needs HD streaming much less 4K lol, I'm on just SD & it seems more than enough on a mobile device.
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I can't see why T-Mobile would want to offer Essentials, Magenta, and Magenta Plus when Magenta MAX is superior for less than what's currently being offered, unless Magenta MAX is a limited time offer. You would have to get Magenta Plus if you wanted Unlimited Gogo in-flight texting and Wi-Fi all flight long and free texting and data in 210 countries and destinations, and even then, you would only get HD streaming.
    Sent from my LM-V600 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I tend to agree. This is partially why I'd rather get a hotspot than upgrade all of my lines. The only current benefit 'for me' is better hotspot, and Scam Shield premium. Don't want to be tied to TMobile TV.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    So, I have two lines Magenta 55+ for $90. The new "Magenta Max Unlimited 55" is the same price, with everything the same or better.

What a I missing ? Is there a "catch"?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Looks like video streaming is uncapped from what I’ve seen. Which is nice. I have uncapped video on my sprint SWAC plan for half the price though already. And on my AT&T starter plan- with AT&T any 5G phone gets uncapped video. Doesn’t matter if you’re on 5G or LTE, it’s uncapped.

Feedback Score
    I’ve already called and had it switched. Will take effect for me on 3/3. Same price as magenta plus, all discounts and free lines carry over. No brainer imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan31 View Post
    I’ve already called and had it switched. Will take effect for me on 3/3. Same price as magenta plus, all discounts and free lines carry over. No brainer imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tried to call to switch yesterday, and I chose the option to have them call me back in a half hour.

Well, they did, but instead of calling back with a support person. they called me back and put me on hold with very loud and very bad music. I hung up on that quickly, and will try again today...

Feedback Score
    So you think my 2 free digits with paired data beta promo mi lines & 2 free unlimited magenta tablet promo data mi lines will switch over? I currently have magenta first responders plan.

Device(s)
    Moto One Ace, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus N10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + Max Up on 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    Launches February 24th.

More here: https://www.t-mobile.com/news/stories/magenta-max
    I migrated to new version Magenta Military plan, but it's tricky because the date has conflict with my billing cycle reset.
    T-force rep told me since I just switched to new version plan without upgrade, there's no prorated change.
    I added Max Up on line 1 and line 2 (Scam Shield Premium and voicemail to text included)

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Do you get any further discounts or promos on your military plan such as free lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    I migrated to new version Magenta Military plan, but it's tricky because the date has conflict with my billing cycle reset.
    T-force rep told me since I just switched to new version plan without upgrade, there's no prorated change.
    I added Max Up on line 1 and line 2 (Scam Shield Premium and voicemail to text included)

Device(s)
    Moto One Ace, OnePlus 8T, OnePlus N10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + Max Up on 2 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Do you get any further discounts or promos on your military plan such as free lines?

I don't have any promotion
    Military plan is not eligible for free line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2