Thread: What happened to the 1200/1200/3GB Yearly Refill?

Device(s)
    6P, G Power
    Feedback Score

What happened to the 1200/1200/3GB Yearly Refill?

In the past, I just buy the 1200/1200/3GB refill card and refill and revisit in a year. I don't see it on TF's website or anywhere else.

I only see the Ebay one for 'new' users. Everywhere else I see a 1500/1500/1.5GB $125 card. Seems like TF is pushing their new unlimited plans now?

I do see a TF Basic for 400minutes, says talk, text, web but I thought a rep answered that it doesn't have any data.

Kinda confused with the changes, did I miss something since last refilling?

Feedback Score
    You don't have to be a "new" user. Let us know what your plan is, and we will help you.

Device(s)
    6P, G Power
    Feedback Score
    I have Verizon. I did buy one of the Ebay ones in the past, it was easy because it came with separate airtime card. Now I think it is not, and requires more 'work' around?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mapson View Post
    I do see a TF Basic for 400minutes, says talk, text, web but I thought a rep answered that it doesn't have any data.
    That rep was wrong. A Basic 400-minute card when added to a non-smartphone with TMFL or a smartphone "grandfathered" with TMFL will add 1200 to each talk/text/data bucket.

Device(s)
    6P, G Power
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That rep was wrong. A Basic 400-minute card when added to a non-smartphone with TMFL or a smartphone "grandfathered" with TMFL will add 1200 to each talk/text/data bucket.
    hpham, thanks for the clarification. BTW, I saw your post in other thread about the work around dealing with the Ebay 1200/1200/3gb activation and Verizon. You said the following...

"* If your current phone has a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, buy a preloaded TF/Verizon SIM, but you'll need a rep to activate it with a transfer from the existing SIM, because the rep has to unpair the existing SIM from the phone IMEI, then pair the new SIM with the phone IMEI."

I'm not clear on what you stated. None of my phones are TF branded, I've moved my Verizon SIM from phone to newer phone when the older one breaks. I've never needed to "pair or unpair" when I move the SIM, what do you mean unpair and pair?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You said the following...

"* If your current phone has a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM, buy a preloaded TF/Verizon SIM, but you'll need a rep to activate it with a transfer from the existing SIM, because the rep has to unpair the existing SIM from the phone IMEI, then pair the new SIM with the phone IMEI."

I'm not clear on what you stated. None of my phones are TF branded, I've moved my Verizon SIM from phone to newer phone when the older one breaks. I've never needed to "pair or unpair" when I move the SIM, what do you mean unpair and pair?
    When you activate a BYOP SIM for TF/Verizon, you have to provide the IMEI (serial) number of a phone that's on Verizon's "whitelist" (compatible, not stolen, not still on a contract, etc). TF system will pair that SIM number to that IMEI. I know that in the past people have successfully swapped the SIM into another phone without problems. But recently, TF or Verizon have started enforcing that pairing. When some people swapped the SIM into another phone, they got no service, and a message telling them "please put the SIM back into the original phone to restore your service".

When you want to replace/upgrade the phone, you're supposed to contact TF so they can unpair the SIM from the old phone and pair it to the new phone.

You can read THIS THREAD about recent issues with SIM swapping.

Device(s)
    6P, G Power
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link, sounds complicated with Verizon.

Let me see if I got this right, if I buy the Ebay 1200 mins/txt 3gb card now, I would have TF chat activate it, confirm new SIM has the correct allocations, confirm my current SIM allocations, tell the rep to transfer my current SIM (phone number + mins/txt/data) to the newly activated SIM, then also tell the rep to pair the new SIM to my phone IMEI that the 'old' SIM is currently in? Is that the fool proof process?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Let me see if I got this right, if I buy the Ebay 1200 mins/txt 3gb card now, I would have TF chat activate it, confirm new SIM has the correct allocations, confirm my current SIM allocations, tell the rep to transfer my current SIM (phone number + mins/txt/data) to the newly activated SIM, then also tell the rep to pair the new SIM to my phone IMEI that the 'old' SIM is currently in? Is that the fool proof process?
    Use Chat, first ask the rep for your current balances and service end date, and confirmation that the Ebay SIM has the preloaded units/days, then tell the rep that you want to activate the Ebay SIM WITH A TRANSFER from your current SIM. The rep will do all of the steps necessary (unpair, transfer, re-pair). If the rep says the Ebay SIM is intended only for a new line, end the Chat and contact another rep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I can confirm that hpham is correct. Just last week I bought a basic 400 card to extend the service days for a TF myFlip A405DL and got 1200 (400x3) to add to all three buckets.