Thread: What's keeping Howard Forums alive these days?

Feedback Score

What's keeping Howard Forums alive these days?

Back in the day, Hofo was the go to place to get your info on mobile devices and cellular networks. It seems those days are all but gone. Most trolls, I mean people are now on Reddit where they can downvote or upvote a comment as they see fit.

Given this pandemic and what we are seeing in the [western world] with covidiots, conspiracy theorists, social media causing stock markets to rise, and more. One can argue humanity is devolving. It seems the good old days are gone.

Feedback Score
    Yup I try not to think about it much but we're in & heading for a long stay in the modern day Dark Ages.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Yup I try not to think about it much but we're in & heading for a long stay in the modern day Dark Ages.
    Some say humanity, at least in the West is devolving.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't cost much to host a website, and while I obviously don't have access to Howard Clark's personal financial records, I would assume that the advertising revenue coming in from the banner ads at least justifies keeping the site running despite traffic certainly being down from its heyday.

Personally, I continue to come here because we can have civil discussions purely about phones, plans, etc. without it ultimately degenerating into a political, cancel culture, or shaming language fight as seen throughout Reddit. I can't stand reading Reddit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    I can't stand reading Reddit.
    +1.

Reddit is a cesspool and breeding ground for trolls, much like Parler is for conspiracy theorists and worse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    +1.

Reddit is a cesspool and breeding ground for trolls, much like Parler is for conspiracy theorists and worse.
    There are a lot of Reddit forums. I have not had any more troll problems with the ones I visit there than I do here.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

What's keeping Howard Forums alive these days?

I’m here because there are some really intelligent people here that have great insight.

(I’m not one of them.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There are a lot of Reddit forums. I have not had any more troll problems with the ones I visit there than I do here.
    Maybe it's the subreddits you visit or you're not familiar with the full scope of trolling. For one thing, downvoting a comment just because you don't like it and it's otherwise factual and has merits is in fact trolling.

Moderators on Reddit can restrict posters such as new members from making a comment because they don't have sufficient karma points. There's also manipulation of threads by mods who can disable them from receiving upvotes.

There's nobody really to complain to either but the moderator of that sub. Any Reddit user can create a subreddit. I'm sure there are many more reasons or examples, but those I mentioned are just a sample.

Carrier(s)
    Black Wireless 3-month eBay promo for $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I’m here because there are some really intelligent people here that have great insight.
    I agree. I'm a long-time member and always learn something new here. 99% of my questions are in the prepaid forum and I can count on an intelligent, courteous answer even if my question is stupid.