Thread: wanted: freedompop 5GB 1yr legacy SIM

Feedback Score

wanted: freedompop 5GB 1yr legacy SIM

has anyone seen a site or store still selling the 5GB 1YR legacy freedompop SIMs ?

i do not believe they have been available for a while but on the off chance someone knows a place to acquire one i am looking

alternately if anyone has one getting close to expiration that they do no plan on renewing and would want to offer up the account to be taken over(and than renewed by me) i would be willing to talk about a fair price. please PM if you have one you may wish to part with when your year is up.

the ultimate plan would be to migrate to a premium SIM but even if that were not to be possible the plan is useful to me for data only purposes.

Feedback Score
    I migrated my 5gb to premium, I don't see anywhere on the new site where it states it can be renewed....as opposed to the old site that did give you the option.

If it can be renewed, I would consider helping you out, but my expiration isn't until late December.

It's really too bad, I really liked the old style 5gb deal.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    I migrated my 5gb to premium, I don't see anywhere on the new site where it states it can be renewed....as opposed to the old site that did give you the option.

If it can be renewed, I would consider helping you out, but my expiration isn't until late December.

It's really too bad, I really liked the old style 5gb deal.
    It can't be renewed, if what FP/RedPocket CS says is to be believed.

I actually activated one if my leftover 1 year/5GB SIMs about a month ago for a tablet and then lost it! (Stupid, I know!)

I contacted FP (Red Pocket) CS to see if I could move the account from the lost SIM to an unused free FP SIM I still have and they said no, but they could mail me a premium SIM for free and migrate the account to the Premium SIM.

Something screwed up in the migration (probably something I did in activation- their instructions weren't very clear!) so I lost the original phone number, but I didn't care. The new number I received when activating is fine.

Essentially they didn't "port" or "migrate" anything. I activated the new SIM as a new line with a free premium (10 minutes/25MB/month) account (per their instructions) and they manually added the 1GB/month plan (it took about a day for the plan to kick in.)

In the email they sent me to confirm the activation they told me the port of my old number failed and I was stuck with the new number, and that at the end of the 11-1/2 months remaining I could continue service on any the current FP/RP rate, but would *not* be able to renew at the legacy FP $49/year rate.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    It can't be renewed, if what FP/RedPocket CS says is to be believed.

I actually activated one if my leftover 1 year/5GB SIMs about a month ago for a tablet and then lost it! (Stupid, I know!)

I contacted FP (Red Pocket) CS to see if I could move the account from the lost SIM to an unused free FP SIM I still have and they said no, but they could mail me a premium SIM for free and migrate the account to the Premium SIM.

Something screwed up in the migration (probably something I did in activation- their instructions weren't very clear!) so I lost the original phone number, but I didn't care. The new number I received when activating is fine.

Essentially they didn't "port" or "migrate" anything. I activated the new SIM as a new line with a free premium (10 minutes/25MB/month) account (per their instructions) and they manually added the 1GB/month plan (it took about a day for the plan to kick in.)

In the email they sent me to confirm the activation they told me the port of my old number failed and I was stuck with the new number, and that at the end of the 11-1/2 months remaining I could continue service on any the current FP/RP rate, but would *not* be able to renew at the legacy FP $49/year rate.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    so they gave you a 1GB/month plan to replace your 5GB/month plan ?

if that's the case i would escalate that