Thread: New T-Mobile Ad Map (TV ad from 2/28/21)

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

New T-Mobile Ad Map (TV ad from 2/28/21)

Well I saw it on a recording from yesterday (2/28), but it says "Projected January 2021" coverage. They call n41 5G Ultra Capacity on this map. Looking at the LA Basin where I live, it's a nearly solid block of Ultra. That is not accurate, though I have found a few B41 LTE towers around (not close to my house, however). I can't even get n71 from my house unless I open a window on the 2nd floor to the closest such "tower" which is 4.2km away.

I will see if I can find a higher resolution version. Has anyone else seen this map yet?

Name:  IMG_20210228_180857.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  61.4 KB

Edit: Here's the link to the online map which looks more honest.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/5Glayers

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Reminds me of a 1930s movie where every closeup of the starlet is taken with a "soft focus" lens.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Yeah those maps! They pay good money to whoever creates them. They make them very believable till you sign up for service and it doesn't work. I see how they get those million adds a quarter. That we do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

New T-Mobile Ad Map (TV ad from 2/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Yeah those maps! They pay good money to whoever creates them. They make them very believable till you sign up for service and it doesn't work. I see how they get those million adds a quarter. That we do.
    All three major carriers have low churn rates that vary from quarter to quarter.

That means that the majority of their subscribers that sign up with them stay with them.

It also means that the things we might be picky about here on an online forum may not be representative of the broader audience and I think this point is often lost in these types of discussions.

T-Mobile arguably has the best TV marketing , online viral marketing and best over the phone customer service of the big 3. When you combine that with great promotions and fair pricing it will get people to sign up.

Remember too that most Americans live, work and play in urban and suburban areas. That means that having better rural coverage in areas that most Americans may not need it is a non stater for most even though it’s a deal breaker for a few.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max / iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Well I saw it on a recording from yesterday (2/28), but it says "Projected January 2021" coverage. They call n41 5G Ultra Capacity on this map. Looking at the LA Basin where I live, it's a nearly solid block of Ultra. That is not accurate, though I have found a few B41 LTE towers around (not close to my house, however). I can't even get n71 from my house unless I open a window on the 2nd floor to the closest such "tower" which is 4.2km away.

I will see if I can find a higher resolution version. Has anyone else seen this map yet?
    But if you look at the coverage map, it looks like 5G coverage in the area of Mission Vejo is sketchy. As you know, that area isn't exactly flat.

Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Not this map at least, I don't think it was suppose to actually mean you get something as opposed to a form of PR/marketing. The coverage maps make an attempt to show that you may get something, but these maps are also a form of PR/marketing. In the end, though businesses have to spend money to make money.