Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xfinity Pixel 4a 5G $250

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score

Xfinity Pixel 4a 5G $250

Xfinity Mobile just started offering the Pixel 4a 5G for $250. No financing needed, no rebate to wait for, no port-in needed, just add it to a plan or upgrade a current device.

I couldn't resist grabbing one before they sell out. I chose to include it in my by-the-gig plan, with a new number (I use a Google voice main number). I don't know if I will drop my old phone or keep both, since it doesn't add much to my plan cost.

Feedback Score
    >I couldn't resist grabbing one before they sell out.

Can you check phone IMEI against the IMEI checkers below and see if it's eligible on the three carriers?

http://t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

https://www.verizon.com/od/prepaid/b.../#/checkDevice

http://cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone (used as proxy for AT&T)
    Last edited by e.mote; 03-03-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Feedback Score
    No soap Verizon.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    Can you check phone IMEI against the IMEI checkers below and see if it's eligible on the three carriers?
    I haven't received it yet. Also, even if paid in full, XM will unlock it only after 60 days on the account.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I haven't received it yet. Also, even if paid in full, XM will unlock it only after 60 days on the account.
    if they still have them for sale next weekend ill pick one up, hoping i can go to the store to get it and hope they really do unlock it after 60 days tho should be already unlocked because its a verizon phone

i was going buy one from visible ($280 after $200 prepaid card after 60 days) because their phones are already unlocked but this is a better deal saves me $30 on the phone and i dont have to front the $200

Feedback Score
    When I was at Xfinity to get my wife's new iPhone, they said when it is paid off it is unlocked

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSSGT View Post
    When I was at Xfinity to get my wife's new iPhone, they said when it is paid off it is unlocked
    end of the week ill go to the store and see what they say about the whole thing

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I just ordered one, but it's back ordered. I chose the $10.41 payment plan. I was replacing a line and had to pay off the old phone for $150.

I would get one now and take the payment plan. You can pay off the balance anytime. Pay it off when you get the stimulus check.

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSSGT View Post
    Correct, you can't get Xfinity to unlock a device unless it's paid off.

Lots of people seem to be confusing the Verizon agreement to sell unlocked 4G devices with Verizon MVNOs having to do the same and that's not the case. I've seen plenty of comments around the web going "it's not supposed to be locked" but it's not being sold by Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Altanis View Post
    Correct, you can't get Xfinity to unlock a device unless it's paid off.

Lots of people seem to be confusing the Verizon agreement to sell unlocked 4G devices with Verizon MVNOs having to do the same and that's not the case. I've seen plenty of comments around the web going "it's not supposed to be locked" but it's not being sold by Verizon.
    Paid off and active for 60 days.

Feedback Score
    I realize that's their policy but I've chatted with them after an iPhone was paid off and one billing cycle completed, and they unlocked it. Was able to do that twice. I got the idea because I was too soon the first time and their chat support told me to wait until the next billing cycle.

Pretty sure the next time I was able to buy the phone just before my cycle ended, paid it off, waited a few days for the new cycle to begin, and then got it unlocked.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post

http://t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

https://www.verizon.com/od/prepaid/b.../#/checkDevice

http://cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone (used as proxy for AT&T)
    I finally received the phone and here are the results. I also tested my Pixel 3a XL (purchased unlocked from Google), for comparison.

T-Mobile : Both are compatable.

Cricket : Both are compatable.

Verizon : The Pixel 3a XL is compatable, but the 4a 5G is not. I expected that, since Verizon probably knows the 4a 5G has been "assigned" to Xfinity Mobile. Whether it would be allowed after unlocking, and temporarily used on another network, is unknown.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Paid off and active for 60 days.
    i went down to the store thats near me and was able to buy the 4a 5G at $250 with a port in...at first the guy said that i HAD to do the payment plan, told him i wanted to pay it off now so we went back and forth and i had to show him on his own tablet that i can in fact pay the phone off now but im pretty sure he knew and just wanted me to be stuck with comcast for a 24 month contract, so dont let them fool u!

anyways lol i paid it off and the guy said that once its paid off it can be unlocked but i will have to contact them and request the unlock i also gotta talk to them about my wifi calling not working going try today but if not tomorrow for sure and ill keep everyone posted

man coming from an iphone 6s for 3 years android seems so overwhelming but ill get use to it again,only thing i miss about the iphone is siri

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    only thing i miss about the iphone is siri
    Does anyone use Google Assistant? I never tried it, but was wondering if people liked it.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I finally received the phone and here are the results. I also tested my Pixel 3a XL (purchased unlocked from Google), for comparison.

T-Mobile : Both are compatable.

Cricket : Both are compatable.

Verizon : The Pixel 3a XL is compatable, but the 4a 5G is not. I expected that, since Verizon probably knows the 4a 5G has been "assigned" to Xfinity Mobile. Whether it would be allowed after unlocking, and temporarily used on another network, is unknown.
    Unlocked or not Verizon sees it as active until the line is canceled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast