Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dish doesn't like T-Mobile's CDMA shutdown timeline.

Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score

Dish doesn't like T-Mobile's CDMA shutdown timeline.

Not sure why dish is bellyaching about it... The other MVNO providers seem to be adapting just fine.... Even lowly ol tello!

https://www.tmonews.com/2021/03/dish...shutdown-date/

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Feedback Score
    They already changed my unlimited plan so now it is not unlimited to throttled.

Now I worry what will happen to my plan when they shutdown CDMA.

My phone is an unlocked universal phone so I think they could give me a new sim.

Or I would be willing to buy a new phone.

But they have not said anything so nothing I can do and it seems unstable.

I need unlimited so something like visible might work if I need to switch carriers.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    They already changed my unlimited plan so now it is not unlimited to throttled.

Now I worry what will happen to my plan when they shutdown CDMA.

My phone is an unlocked universal phone so I think they could give me a new sim.

Or I would be willing to buy a new phone.

But they have not said anything so nothing I can do and it seems unstable.

I need unlimited so something like visible might work if I need to switch carriers.
    I still don't think anyone really has "Unlimited" without throttling or de-prio. (Visible is severely de-prio and tunnels through its own servers, some have said its unusably slow.)
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    I still don't think anyone really has "Unlimited" without throttling or de-prio. (Visible is severely de-prio and tunnels through its own servers, some have said its unusably slow.)
    Visible is believed to be the same priority as Verizon Prepaid and all of their MVNOs. This can be bad on congested cells for all of them. Visible adds latency and possibly more congestion by routing everything through a few IMS gateways.

Some have said that it is unusably slow. I believe them, but they are more likely to complain than others that it works well for. If it was unusably slow for the majority I doubt they would still be operating after ~two years.

I had it and it worked very well for me, but I am not usually around congested cells. I tried it mostly to play with. I quit because I don't need the unlimited data or hotspot and $25 a month expense. My Tracfone service at ~$5 a month is all that I need. I also have an unlimited hotspot that I am already paying for.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, if you are good with tmobile coverage, hello mobile seems to now offer unlimited everything for $25.

There were reports of 15gb limits, but those terms were removed from the site.

Also, their sims, just like Tellos, had issues with features on ios that seems to have been fixed now.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Also, if you are good with tmobile coverage, hello mobile seems to now offer unlimited everything for $25.

There were reports of 15gb limits, but those terms were removed from the site.

Also, their sims, just like Tellos, had issues with features on ios that seems to have been fixed now.

$25 for unlimited is not bad but hotspot is $15 so $40 for unlimited with hotspot is still OK and same as visible. Visible does have a cheaper group plan as low as $25.

However, they don't say how much hotspot you get which is important to know.

Also they don't say what kind of unlimited, is it deprioritized or throttled or what.

2nd Month FREE
    4G LTE/5G Data
    UNLIMITED international calling to select countries
    FREE SIM Card Kit
    NO hidden fees, activation fees and taxes are included
    $15 extra for Mobile Hotspot

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It appears the new tmo sims are dprio.

Feedback Score
    I'm on Cricket and was out of town most of last month and blasted through 200GB. They're also deprioritized, but I didn't notice anything extreme. They're owned by AT&T like how Visible is owned by Verizon.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Visible is believed to be the same priority as Verizon Prepaid and all of their MVNOs. This can be bad on congested cells for all of them. Visible adds latency and possibly more congestion by routing everything through a few IMS gateways.

Some have said that it is unusably slow. I believe them, but they are more likely to complain than others that it works well for. If it was unusably slow for the majority I doubt they would still be operating after ~two years.

I had it and it worked very well for me, but I am not usually around congested cells. I tried it mostly to play with. I quit because I don't need the unlimited data or hotspot and $25 a month expense. My Tracfone service at ~$5 a month is all that I need. I also have an unlimited hotspot that I am already paying for.
    slow data is one thing but when the tower is congestion good luck making a call/text, this lasted over an hour and at that point $25 a month wasnt worth it...

they are no where near the level of verizon prepaid, visible gets the scraps of whats left over on the tower and at times theres no scraps to take

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    slow data is one thing but when the tower is congestion good luck making a call/text, this lasted over an hour and at that point $25 a month wasnt worth it...

they are no where near the level of verizon prepaid, visible gets the scraps of whats left over on the tower and at times theres no scraps to take
    Yea, if vzw treats the mvno that they own and operate like an adopted red headed step child, just wait until they own tracfone and do the same to them....not to mention how they treat other MVNOs on their network.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea, if vzw treats the mvno that they own and operate like an adopted red headed step child, just wait until they own tracfone and do the same to them....not to mention how they treat other MVNOs on their network.

im sure they do the same to them as well....theres really no need for mvno's..the carriers just need to do the price war with their own brand verizon prepaid/att prepaid/t-mobile prepaid

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

They treat other mvnos the exact same way as they treat verizon prepaid and even their cheapest postpaid plans. QCI 9 is QCI 9 no matter where you get it from. They actually already treat tracfone verizon users fine, they get QCI 9 priority, same as all other prepaid options and some postpaid, and have full access to all of verizon's LTEIRA partners. Not sure what this rant is about........

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    How many people does Dish have that only have access to CDMA anyway? And how long do they expect for people to be using their network with a 3G connection in a 5G world? Dish has said in the past that they feel prepaid is backward and that people should be paying more for prepaid. (Before anyone decides to troll and demand sources, google is your friend. Look at the articles that were quoting people at Dish around the time of them taking over Boost.) I'm curious as to what Dish's real game plan is as the quotes that I saw earlier didn't make it seem like they really cared about prepaid customers that much anyway.

Feedback Score
    Dish raised Paygo fees by $5 month in November.To chase people out of Cdma maybe.Or maybe they still got people staying on Paygo even with extra fee so Dish wouldn't mind keeping them around longer.Boost has 9 million customers, how many Cdma only I don't know.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    How many people does Dish have that only have access to CDMA anyway? And how long do they expect for people to be using their network with a 3G connection in a 5G world? Dish has said in the past that they feel prepaid is backward and that people should be paying more for prepaid. (Before anyone decides to troll and demand sources, google is your friend. Look at the articles that were quoting people at Dish around the time of them taking over Boost.) I'm curious as to what Dish's real game plan is as the quotes that I saw earlier didn't make it seem like they really cared about prepaid customers that much anyway.
    It's not people that are using a 3g network for their main connection, it's the fact that most boost phones sold before last year, while able to support volte, will never get the software update from the oem to enable it and sprint/boost relied on 3g/1x for all voice and sms traffic and lte for data. Your motos, stylo 5's, phones like that which were likely very popular sellers on boost due to their cheap pricing and promotional switcher offers. These devices all run/ran carrier specific firmware and that firmware would need to be updated in order for them to be able to use volte on the tmobile network.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast