Thread: Anybody on Verizon prepaid connecting with 5g?

Feedback Score

Anybody on Verizon prepaid connecting with 5g?

Ported to V prepaid, using an iPhone 12 mini. V coverage map says my address has 5g nationwide, and my city is pretty well covered w 5g (according to coverage map). I have “5G On” selected under my cellular data options, but I cannot connect to 5g at all. Any tips?

I was unable to speak w a human using 611, and the chat agent got me to update my address, and then said it’d work. It doesn’t. Any advice would be appreciated.

Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    When I was using verizon prepaid... 5g indeed did show up but very briefly... It would flicker on and off about every 30sec or so for about 30sec.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Device(s)
    Moto One 5G UW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just switched to a Moto One 5G phone a week ago. Saw 5G on it for the first time yesterday, when in a neighboring town. On prepaid, I believe we only have access to sub 6, not mmwave, unless on the unlimited plan (and an additional fee). The phone stayed on it the entire time I was there, nearly three hours.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the responses.

I went to the V store yesterday, and learned you need a 5g SIM card to connect to 5g. They helped me out with that, but still no 5g for me. I think I’m out of things to try. Guess I’ll just wait and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe37 View Post

I went to the V store yesterday, and learned you need a 5g SIM card to connect to 5g. They helped me out with that, but still no 5g for me. I think I’m out of things to try. Guess I’ll just wait and see what happens.
    Kinda wondering if that new 5G SIM card sometimes cause the “welcome to Verizon call can’t be completed” message. I got that occasionally and it was annoying. And my SIM card was fairly new from back in July until I left. Altho I wish I didn’t have to since I was close to my loyalty discount

Feedback Score

I have the 12 max and get 5g with the same sim card i had which is a few years old.

Is the mini model you have this one.

A2172

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Kinda wondering if that new 5G SIM card sometimes cause the “welcome to Verizon call can’t be completed” message. I got that occasionally and it was annoying. And my SIM card was fairly new from back in July until I left. Altho I wish I didn’t have to since I was close to my loyalty discount
    I was getting call can't be completed message with the old LTE SIM (activated on an iPhone 11, moved it to a 12 mini), so I don't think the 5G SIM card causes that. I also got 5G Nationwide with that SIM, but it seems that SIM wouldn't work with 5G SA if Verizon ever rolls that out (5G NSA is fine).

I've since ported elsewhere, but hopefully this is a useful data point for someone out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    I have the 12 max and get 5g with the same sim card i had which is a few years old.

Is the mini model you have this one.

A2172
    I have A2176.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Same here. 12 pro max using the same sim I took out of my old 7 plus. My town doesn't have 5G yet, but a few cities north of us do & mine shows 5G whenever I am up in those areas.

Feedback Score
    Finally connected to 5g today while I was in a new area. Data speeds were faster than LTE, but not by much. As I drove back toward home the 5g was replaced by LTE. Least I know I don’t have faulty equipment. Thanks for the comments and assistance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Ported to V prepaid, using an iPhone 12 mini. V coverage map says my address has 5g nationwide, and my city is pretty well covered w 5g (according to coverage map). I have “5G On” selected under my cellular data options, but I cannot connect to 5g at all. Any tips?

I was unable to speak w a human using 611, and the chat agent got me to update my address, and then said it’d work. It doesn’t. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I see 5G show up most of the time on Verizon prepaid in the areas I frequent. Driving on I95 and I395. And at work in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. But this is not the UWB 5G. I don't pay extra to get that.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score

I am using the same SIM card that came with my Verizon branded S10 I got in 2019. It is in my unlocked S21 I got in January this year. It says 4G on the card. But I am still seeing a 5G connection on the phone.