Thread: Menu-driven 4G LTE flip phones for Page Plus

Feedback Score

Menu-driven 4G LTE flip phones for Page Plus

I am searching for a PP flip phone where all the navigation starts with the central OK button, in the same way all my primitive Verizon flip phones did, leading to a numbered list of options. No symbols, just text. I thought "menu-driven" was a term for this sort of thing, but searching leads me to phones like a Alcatel GoFlip, which is very much what I don't want, unless this numbered-list-navigation is an option I haven't discovered. My previous phones were a Motorola Razr V3m, an LG Revere Vn150, and an LG Accolade VX5600. I need the same sort of navigation these older phones employed. My experience with the GoFlip has been frustrating.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The LG Classic Flip is that way to get into the menu. I have not played with the LG Classic Flip to know if the number entry in the menus works or if there is an option for it. I would have to get the phone from my grandma.

Feedback Score
    Last time I remember, the Samsung Gusto was like what you are hoping to find, but since that product uses some outgoing technology, I have nothing really to add. Some of the kind of clamshell style devices these days let you press the main button, and then you press direction buttons to highlight and then select the item you want - not the same as choosing numbered items. Just because now I am curious about your question, I hope somebody who knows something will respond.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the suggestions. I had been under the impression that all the "old people" phones would be the same way to navigate as the original Verizon phones I had. Beyond navigation, another issue with the Go Flip is that closing the phone does not reset it back to square one. I'm not sure whether that's an option, or the new normal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham Gravy View Post
    Beyond navigation, another issue with the Go Flip is that closing the phone does not reset it back to square one. I'm not sure whether that's an option, or the new normal.
    I know that bug my grandma. That is why I got the LG Classic Flip, and switch her to the LG Classic Flip from the MyFlip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know that bug my grandma. That is why I got the LG Classic Flip, and switch her to the LG Classic Flip from the MyFlip.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Close-phone = reset, is too basically logical to change and not cause confusion. I would often close the Go Flip after checking to see who had called, not remembering that the phone was now ready to dial the last caller's number when I pressed the center button.

One question on the LG Classic Flip. Some of the eBay listings describe their LG Classic Flip as being locked to Tracphone. I don't know if that is something new or not. I used to search for PP-compatible phones by looking for a Postpaid Verizon phone, but changed the search terms to include Tracphone handsets. Given that Page Plus has a webpage to check compatibility, given the IMEI of the eBay phone in question, maybe my concern about anything locked to Tracphone can be dismissed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Page Plus is owned by Tracfone. You can rebrand any Verizon based Tracfone phone to any of Tracfone brands really easily. That is how lots of people get phones too.

If you want to know, the LG Classic Flip is the same as the LG Wine 2 LTE.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I got a demonstration last year on how Page Plus and Tracfone were related, when a problem with Page Plus voicemail got me transferred to Tracfone customer service. I'll grab a Classic Flip and see how they work out. I'm sticking with phones that fit in a button-flap shirt pocket, so smartphones are more or less out. (I did buy a Motorola Droid Mini, but there seem to be some software issues that drain the battery way too fast, but that's a different adventure)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham Gravy View Post
    Thanks. I got a demonstration last year on how Page Plus and Tracfone were related, when a problem with Page Plus voicemail got me transferred to Tracfone customer service. I'll grab a Classic Flip and see how they work out. I'm sticking with phones that fit in a button-flap shirt pocket, so smartphones are more or less out. (I did buy a Motorola Droid Mini, but there seem to be some software issues that drain the battery way too fast, but that's a different adventure)
    This topic has drifted.
    One thing about a smartphone is choice of sizes vary, and one can turn off the activity and put into a pocket; take it out and press power button to rewake.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    This topic has drifted.
    One thing about a smartphone is choice of sizes vary, and one can turn off the activity and put into a pocket; take it out and press power button to rewake.
    Pardon me for that shot in the dark on the Droid Mini. It might have been the only Verizon eBay-bargain smartphone smaller than 5 inches that I found. I found an unboxing video on the LG Wine 2 LTE, and it (and by extension, the LG Classic Flip) seems to be what I need for now, so thank you all around.